“Not your standard double tree”

DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Breckenridge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Naples, Florida
“Not your standard double tree”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Valet is a $25 a day mandatory parking fee. If you stay above 6th floor it's a maze of 2elevators . the master king rooms are very small you can't get out of bed with out knocking over the lamp shade or hitting the nite stand. Internet is not free. Oh valet lost my car at first and found it, but lost the keys to the car. At the time of all this madness of locating the car i was never approached by a manager. They comp. the parking something I believe ought to be free and Internet and sent a bottle of wine. I really don't feel happy about the deception at the time of reservation not notifying about these additional charges. At this time I am still a guest we hope it will get better. THIS Not your standard double tree by HILTON so beware.

Room Tip: None just stay away
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Chris T, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We’re sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. We’ve addressed these issues with our staff and hope that next time you’re in the area, you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
San Diego, CA
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

This is a great hotel for the money. The rooms are spacious and beds are comfortable. Their gym is adequate, and the two outdoor jacuzzis are great for après ski. It's a short, 10-minute walk to downtown, but they also offer a free shuttle. The only complaint is the maze-like setup of the rooms, with elevators that only go to certain floors which are slow and often packed--we always took the stairs. Minor inconvenience for a great value hotel. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent stay here at the DoubleTree. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you back at our property soon!
Easton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Pros: Convenient location for skiing walking distance to the base lift of peak 9. The hotel staff were friendly, let us check in early, gave us multiple free cookies, and the hotel shuttle drove us into town, and further afield to the Nordic center to try out cross country skiing. The 3 outdoor hottubs were perfect after a day out in the cold, and the bed was very comfortable.

Cons: There is a lot of walking from the lobby to rooms that are above the 6th floor, as the hotel is built on a bit of an angle into the mountain, but if you are staying at a ski hotel, hopefully you can cope with a little bit of walking. Also, the restaurant is super overpriced, but then I do generally think that of hotel restaurants in general.

All in all, I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: if you can get a room on floors 4-6, it might save you some walking.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Chris T, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. I hope that you stay with us again soon.
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Our family spent Thanksgiving 2012 in Breckenridge at the Doubletree. I am a Hilton Diamond member and am used to good service at Hilton properties but the Doubletree, Breckenridge really exceeded all expectations. Check in, room, and the continental breakfast were all great. We had planned to go to a restaurant in town for Thanksgiving dinner but after realizing how tired we would be after skiing, we made reservations for the hotel Thanksgiving buffet. The buffet was one of the best Thanksgiving meals we've had- the food was great and the staff really went overboard to make it a family Thanksgiving dinner- complete with football on the TV and a fun atmosphere. The hotel shuttle (actually a Cadillac Escalade) was always available and the driver recommended some great restaurants. The hotel is in a great location across the street from Peak 9. I look forward to returning next year for Thanksgiving. Truly one of the best Hilton experiences we've had.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We are glad that our staff made your Thanksgiving memorable. Please come back and see us again soon!
Boulder, Colorado, United States
Reviewed December 21, 2012

We recently stayed during the Dew Snow Tour..the hotel is directly across the street from Lift 9..making the mountain very accessible. The staff is friendly..we enjoyed the complimentary shuttle service into town..our driver picked us up at our restaurant doorstep upon our return and recommended some fun bars for afterwards. The front desk was very helpful and friendly and helped us get situated with ski lockers..this hotel is very convenient for skiing! The rooms are very spacious and comfortable. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your feedback. We are pleased that you had a good experience here at the DoubleTree. We hope that you come back and visit again soon!
moclips
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Clean lobby and rooms, but the craziest floor layout, from the lobby we had to walk to one end of building to catch an elevator which only goes up to 6th floor, then walk the length of the building again to take another elevator to our floor. Its a lot of walking each time you want to go to lobby or out. To top if off one of those elevators were broken the day we had to check out so we had to cart all our luggage down stairs.
Restaurant is way too expensive for what it is. Hotels usually are but this was so much more than places in town. No coffee offered in lobby like most nice hotels so you had to buy it from their restaurant, at $3.50 a cup....really? There is coffee in the room but coming from Seattle area I like my coffee, the one cup each in the room is just not enough for us. One night I wasn't feeling well so I went down to just get a cup of soup and some bread to go. A cup of soup (just so so) and about 5 pieces of toasted baguette bread was over $17.00...please...he is not the soup Nazi ..LOL Adding a tip made that cup of soup very expensive
Staff was nice and attentive, rooms were clean, nice shower. One really stupid thing is the windows, you pay for the view but they were all aluminum framed? Every day they would be all fogged up rendering the view useless. It was so hot in our room, we had set the therm to 65 but when we woke up the temp was 97!! We ended up just turning it off completely and every so often opened a window to cool it down. I think being on an upper floor that heat was coming from below floors to heat the room..
One nice feature is a humidifier in the room to use, being so high up it was a nice touch to help from drying out.
It is about three to four blocks from the town down a little bit of a hill, walking distance for most but anybody who struggles with walking would have to take their shuttle. Driver we had the couple times we used it was very nice and answered all our questions. The hotel will give you their phone number so you can call and just tell them where you are for a pick up.

Room Tip: If you get a room on 6th floor or below you will only have to take one elevator.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We’ve addressed the room service issues with our staff and hope that next time you’re in the area, you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service. Thank you again for your comments.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I am a Hilton Diamond member for years now, I have stayed at many Doubletrees. I was not impressed with this Doubletree. The only advantage of this Doubletree was the location close to No. 9 Lift.

Here are all the things that I found wrong with this Doubletree. It was old and seemed run down a bit. Someone told me they had remolded, but where? As I drove up to check in, they told me they are a Valet only Hotel. This change happened the day I checked in. Its $25 a night for Valet service. BTW, this just means that any guest that checks in will need to add $25 for their stay at this doubletree.

Next, I was given a handicapped room, they overcharged for rentals (don't rent skis or snowboards there). Hot breakfast was additional $6. Normally, being a Diamond member my breakfast is complimentary, hot or cold. I cannot image what they charge to non-Diamond members.

I can go on and on, but I am getting tired of all the issues I saw at this Doubletree. Hopefully, other guests will get the hint and make other arrangements. I am a loyal Hilton Diamond member, but I am not a loyal Breckinridge Doubletree member.

Room Tip: Look around for other units close to lifts.
2 Thank Steve C
Chris T, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand from your review that you thought our rooms were somewhat dated. I am happy to report we are continuing our thrid phase of renovatiosn this April. This renovation includes fully updating our bedrooms from wallpaper, furnature, carpet, new wet bar, and more. In addition, I apologize if some of the charges that you incurred when you booked your room weren't clear. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us. Again, I thank you for your review and assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration. I sincerely hope you give us another opportunity to stay with us next time you’re in town.