DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge
The Village Hotel(Breckenridge)
  • Pool
Skiway Lodge(Breckenridge)
1,704 results
All reviewsdouble treeski valetwarm cookiesvalet staffthe upper floorsself parkingbreakfast buffetoxygen barrooms are largehotel restaurantbreck sportsmain streetski shophotel shuttlemountain viewmini fridgeindoor pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 28, 2012

What a great hotel on its way up. I was looking for a hilton property and saw it online. i called to see if I could get a better rate and they were fantastic on the phone and got an even lower rate in person. They have remodeled everything but the rooms themselves, which are still decent. They could use a desk, however, for business and so many of us do while enjoying such a great resort town. The staff is exceedingly friendly and made me feel almost like I had been there before.

I must relay the story from the middle of the night. I received a few calls, likely from someone trying to reach another room. I called the desk and asked to have my phone turned off and they suggested I unplug it - which I did. To my surprise in the monrning was a note under my door taking 30% off my stay. Amazing.

Look forward to going back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank snowlover44
Chris T, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that our staff met your expectations. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service. I shared your review with my front desk staff.

We have good news. We are fully renovating our bedrooms next April to include new furniture, wallpaper, carpet, artwork and more. Our new rooms will have a large desk for business.

We hope you come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Spent a couple of nights at a good price including breakfast at this place. The first night was a nightmare in the room assigned to us. Avoid getting booked into rooms 309,409,509 if you want any privacy at all. The rooms next to these have a balcony that faces your room, so you have to keep the curtain closed all the time. We complained the next morning and were re-assigned another room on the front of hotel which was outstanding. So the hotel did the right thing.
The breakfast was the best, and the hospitality at the front desk was commendable for correcting a bad situation.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms ending in 09!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We apologize for the inconvenience of moving rooms the second night, but we are glad the second room met your expectations. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and appreciate your feedback about our front desk staff and the restaurant.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

By the extremely inconsistent reviews. We went at the beginning of mud season so we got a great rate. Service throughout our stay was excellent, including service in the 9600 grill. The front desk cheerfully let us check in a few hours early and upgraded our room to a balcony. The room was spacious and clean. The bathroom was a bit small, you couldn't fully open the door as it hit the front edge of the toilet. Kind of odd. Due to the time of year (late September) room temperature wasn't an issue as many have complained about. Anybody that can't get $15 worth of value out of the breakfast buffet isn't trying very hard. The hot tubs were cold when we first went to use them and we were told they had shut them down to repair a leak and were in the process of getting them up to temp. The next morning all was well. The only really unpleasant part of our stay was caused by the people in the room next door arriving after we were asleep and carrying on in loud drunken voices. Can't really blame that on the hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a balcony and avoid rooms that require two elevators to reach.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mitchand
Whitney T, Public Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

We always appreciate hearing from our guests, since we work hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience. Your positive comments are appreciated and I will be sharing your review with our team. While we do have additional security and overnight managers available, we also encourage guests to contact the front office if they have any noise concerns. We hope that the guests who interrupted your sleep didn't ruin your experience. We've shared your review with our security team and we would love to have you again if you return to Breckenridge.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

The room was very big and the king bed was very comfortable. The decor was a bit dated and could use a remodel. The bathroom was very small. The unit was clean and had great mountain views. The 9600 Grill is on site and has good food. Easy check in and check out. Underground parking was free. Although you had to pay $12.95 for internet access per day. Hotel is pet friendly.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your great review. We are updating our bedrooms and conference space this April. After this renovation, our whole hotel will be fully renovated. Please come back and see our improvements soon!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Where to start, how about where it ended, the morning after...I couldn't believe our guest was really taking a 20 minutes shower until I stepped into it; the water from the pressure changing shower head was awesome and soooo needed. I loved the shower curtain, the overall space of the shower, the lighting and mirror all together.

The bed, oh, the bed and bedding. I have been having a lot of back issues and I slept so well without any pain in the morning; I didn't want to get up.

The hotel was very clean, very quiet and everyone was very nice. Parking was simple and directions were clear. While I didn't use the shuttle our guest did and I wish I had because it was not warm walking home at all.

It was a great visit and we surely want to return;p I can't wait!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends