Pros: Location is very central to everything! You can walk into town, across the street to get a ski lift or the hotel's free shuttle will take you anywhere in town you want to go (they will pick you up too). Front desk staff are very nice and want to help you. The lobby is nice with the fireplaces. Food at the restaurant and banquet rooms pretty good. Views from the rooms of the mountains or town, depending on which side you stay are very nice.
Cons: The rooms are in dire need of renovation. The wallpaper in my room was peeling off of the wall everywhere. There were huge cuts and gashes out of the wallpaper from what I can only assume was where a desk or couch must have previously been. My room was odd shapen and very dark. Everyone takes the stairs here (that are metal) instead of waiting for the elevators since they take forever and a day. Unfortunately my room was right by the stairwell so I constantly heard the oh so very loud bagging of stairs when people went up and down during all hours of the night. This prevented me from sleeping. Bathrooms have been updated, but mine was super tiny. When you opened the door, it hit the toilet. Neither phone in my room worked. My friends and I sat at the bar in the restuarant for 15 minutes for lunch without being acknowledged. When we left we saw two staff members in the hallways; they said it was open and they would be right with us. Room locations are haphazard. Some rooms are in one wing and very easy to get to like mine was. Other room locations, you have to go down 4 hallways and change elevators twice to get to the rooms. No idea who came up with this layout, but hopefully they are no longer designing hotels. Oh yes and don't bother using their business center to check in for a flight and print out your boarding ticket. I just used my mobile boarding pass, but others had to go to the front desk for them to do this as you could never get their computers to work. When I mentioned this issue, everyone at the front desk said they were aware of it.
Overall: I would only stay here again after the rooms have been renovated and they have fixed the issues with the elevators.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Breckenridge is a true mountain experience offering views of the majestic Rocky Mountains. Our full service hotel is directly across the street from Peak 9 of the world renowned Breckenridge ski resort. The chair lift is within walking distance from the hotel. We are also only a 10-minute walk to historical Main Street where you can find a variety of shops, dining options and exciting Gold Rush history! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Breckenridge Hotel Breckenridge
- Great Divide Hotel
- Great Divide Breckenridge