“Nice Crepes, OK paninis”

La Francaise French Bakery
Ranked #2 of 3 Bakeries in Breckenridge
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We ordered two crepes: ham/cheese/egg and strawberry/lemon custard. Both were good sized, and both were delicious. We should have just ordered crepes. But we wanted to try their paninis. We had a turkey and swiss panini, and it was very bland. No taste. We figured maybe they forgot to add a sauce/salt/flavoring. We'd go back for the crepes and the lovely pastries, but we will skip the paninis in the future.

There are newer reviews for La Francaise French Bakery

Reviewed August 15, 2012

they have really delicious pastry and bred in La Francaise. It's a wonderful place any time for a coffee and pastry but also for breakfast with several omlettes and different crepes. Highly recommendable!

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I find it increasingly difficult to find a quiche in a restaurant, much less a delicious one. I found their quiche to have a delicious flaky pastry which was nicely balanced by a creamy egg custard. Even the husband enjoyed it and he HATES quiche. Additionally the Napoleons were very good, if not really meant for breakfast. A stop here is a must, but beware, it fills up quickly.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Ever since we indulged in croissants and other treats in Paris, I could not bring myself to eat any traditional french pastries here in the States.....until I sampled some at two bakeries in the Ballard neighborhood in Seattle. It brought my faith back that we could indeed find these creations authentically prepared on this side of the pond.

So when I saw that Breckenridge had a bakery with a title that included "French" twice, I had to give it a try. You have to be very confidant in your product to have a name like that. We ordered a multiple of treats: plain croissants, chocolate croissants, an almond apple tart, french style doughnuts, a baguette and cookies.

We brought this back to the home we were renting (18 family members), and placed out bite sized pieces for general consumption. Let's just say, there were takers, but no seconds. Both the croissants were dry and crumbly and devoid of any buttery richness. They seemed far from fresh. The tart was decent, but the crust was a bit doughy. The baguette, such a staple in French cuisine, was disappointing.

Granted chocolate chip cookies are NOT a French invention but any bakery should be able to crank these things out. I'm glad my eight year old nephew enjoyed it, but the pillowy soft chocolate studded cookie was not good. I would take a Toll House over that one any day. Oh and the prices were incredibly high. Not a problem if the product is worthy. It wasn't here,

1  Thank llpupa
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I didn't expect to find two places in Breckenridge that would provide authentic French foods. Great place to grab some croissants and baguettes. Was very authentic and well worth stopping by.