“Terrible experience”

Ranked #67 of 164 Restaurants in Breckenridge
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed January 13, 2014

On Christmas day, my husband and I were strolling around Breckenridge while our adult children skied. We decided to grab some lunch and this restaurant was one of the few open. We entered near the bar because the other entrance was closed, and we waited for someone to seat us as the sign told us to. The bartender saw us but ignored us for about 5-6 minutes until she finally said that the restaurant was around the back and on the other side. There we were seated right away and the waitress took our order, a sandwich and a plate of eggs. After about 30 minutes we asked where our food was, and the waitress said the kitchen was very slow. Then the manager came over and explained that we had only waited for 15 minutes and to be patient, although by that time it was about 40 minutes we had waited. It seems that the waitress had not put in the order until 15 minutes prior to this time. When the food finally came, it was cold. We ate it because we were hungry. The table next to us also waited about a half hour for the bacon that the waitress forgot. They had finished their other food by the time it came. I know it was Christmas, and perhaps they did not have their usual crew, but this was really a terrible experience. The only thing that saved it is that the manager gave us our meal free.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I visited the Gold Pan with my brother-in-law while the ladies were shopping. It is a quaint saloon with a big pot belly stove and numerous mounted animals around the place.

The wait staff were friendly and provided great service. We watched the last period of the "Winter Classic" while we drank a local craft beer and munched on some nachos.

I would definitely go back to the Gold Pan on my next visit to Breckenridge.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I had a great breakfast here recently. The omelette was very good, and large too. Great rustic atmosphere (saloon). Prices high but inline with everything in Breckenridge. Will eat here again.

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We stopped randomly when going thru Breckinridge. Great prices. We had French toast which was like 8 pieces and an excellent and juicy Reuben. Our waiter/ the bartender was pleasant and accommodating.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

The Gold Pan is an iconic landmark of bebauchery on main street in Breckenridge. You can also get a pretty good breakfast there after noon.
Who knew? My bloody mary for $8 was a standout. Bacon wasn't pretty but was tasty. Hollandaise was good, eggs just OK, and huge pancake very good.
Prices high but right in line for main street.