“Adequate Italian ”

Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main St.
Description: Sauce on the Maggie (formerly known as Taddeo's) is Breckenridge's favorite Italian restaurant. Featuring family style dining with our house favorite pasta dishes like Rigatoni & Sausage and Penne Gorgonzola plus now gourmet Pizza, be sure to stop by this winter. What could be better than fantastic Italian food just yards of the lift to get you fueled up and back to the slopes? Come by and give us a try!
“Adequate Italian ”
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

We had a good experience here despite the bad reviews im just now reading. Christian the bar tender was terrific with friendly and knowledgable service. We had dinner in the bar area so we could watch a basketball game on TV. I like the atmosphere and location. Hostess was friendly and prompt. I had the baby arugula pizza which was good. My husband ordered calamari starter- very average. Then he had the Gorgonzola pasta dish with grapes- also average. The tiramisu is not traditional tiramisu and very sweet- we split an order and still couldn't finish it (unusual for us). The menu was large, offering something for everyone, if you go here with high expectations you may be disappointed, but I thought prices were acceptable and food was good but not great.

“The chef came out when he knew my meal was bad”
Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

I have to say the defining moment of this meal was the attentiveness of the chef - who was NOT even on duty at the time. I ordered lamb medium rare and it came out medium well. It was actually still tasty and i did not complain. But a man came by mid meal, asked how the meal was, and commented that even though he was off duty he notice the lamb was overcooked. He took the meal off the bill. While overall the meal was fine, as was the entree, i was floored by this attentiveness.

Visited February 2014
Denver
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad food”
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Our group of 6 people had different dishes, pasta, pizza and beef and sorry to say all was no good. None of us was happy and we didn't eat much. We still gave the Tiramisu a chance but to our disappointment it was too wet and did not taste fresh. To rate our dinner on the scale from 1-10, we all agree it was a 4. The only positive was the service and the wine.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank A J
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect pasta”
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

Was very impressed with our meal. One of our party was looking to eat gluten free pasta and Taddeos was the only place in town that had some on the menu. We visited midweek in the middle of a snow storm so it was a little empty but the staff were friendly and welcoming. I shared linguini with clams with my husband(full size for 2) and we both enjoyed the generous portion.

Visited January 2014
Powderly, Kentucky
“Upscale Italian fare”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Classic italian food with wide assortment of sauces. Their marinara is superb as well as their cream based sauces. Their gorgonzola sauce is particularly good. Food was served Very Hot, fresh from the oven or stove-top. Initial service was slow, and they weren't really that busy (I was on vacation and not in a hurry, so I was willing to wait). Somewhat noisy due to tin ceiling and hardwood floors reflecting all the noise, but the food was very good and worth a repeat visit.

• Visited January 2014