“Excellent food and an even better view”
Review of Modis

Modis
Reserve with OpenTable
Modis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 159 Restaurants in Breckenridge
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ski Hill Rd
Transit: "Free Ride" transit stop located 1/2 block south on Main Street at the Blue River Plaza.
Description: Colorado contemporary cuisine in a vibrant and eclectic atmosphere. We focus on the art of food, drinks, and life. Come in a try our seasonally changing menu. Enjoy 44 wines by the glass and more than 40 craft cocktails! We have 2 daily happy hours 3-6 P.M. And 9-close. With dinner service starting at 5 P.M. And ending around 9:30 P.M. Tuesday - Sunday.
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We had made a reservation, as recommended, for 7:00 PM and arrived about 15 minutes early. They graciously seated us early. My husband had alertly noticed that the restaurant had two levels and asked if we could be seated upstairs. What a great choice that turned out to be! We had a table facing the large windows overlooking the mountains to the east. Sunset happened as we were dining and turned mountains bright gold. It was amazing. Just as wonderful was the service and the food. The special soup of the night was a warm beet soup that was yummy and comforting on a chilly evening. My husband chose the ribeye, which came with potato medallions that were like small, twice-baked potatoes and grilled asparagus. Delish. I had the grilled swordfish, accompanied by risotto, artichoke hearts, and shrimp. Sooooo good! We finished with a cookie sundae made with a chocolate chip cookie from a local bakery, a salted caramel gelato, and chocolate sauce drizzle. Yum. Shannon, our server, was friendly and knowledgable. And suggested the perfect wine to accompany my fish, a Chardonnay/Viognier blend that was smooth and well-balanced.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We visited Modis twice, once for happy hour and once for dinner. I would have preferred a few more choices on the dinner menu, but the chicken dish was good. I preferred my husband's vegetable curry which was very tasty. Happy hour was great and they have an extensive cocktail menu.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We have been back to Modis several times now since the ownership changed and I can say unequivocally that Modis is now the best dinning experience in all of summit county. The ambience is very lively and friendly. Modis is great for a family dinning or a romantic evening out. The food is very high quality, creatively made and very tasty. The appetizers and bar menu are as good as any place we have ever eaten. The seafood, meat and vegatables are as good as anything you find in the big east coast cities. The drink and wine selection is very creative and everything we tried has been amazing. Service is very friendly,fast and efficient. The owners are always present and are making sure everyone is satisfied and happy. Modis is so good now we hate going anywhere else. To miss this dinning experience is a mistake.

l

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We were a party of 3 there on Saturday night. Everything was superb. You must try the truffle fries - we ordered them after we saw a lot of plates coming out of the kitchen - and were not disappointed. Our server was attentive and friendly. She checked back often but didn't hover. They have a great happy hour with $3.00 off any of their glasses of wine! The cocktail selection is also terrific. 2 in our party had their rib eye and proclaimed it delicious. I had the organic chicken which was served with an excellent couscous. We had a wonderful peach cobbler and chocolate brownie for dessert. This is a great restaurant and I will return when I am next in Breckenridge.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I picked this restaurant for the kids menu. I needed a place that would accommodate kids and adults palate. Truffle fries for an app were awesome..Ramen for a main course "Excellent". Ribeye great. Cheese cake and cookie sundae for dessert. Everything we tried was fabulous. If only the waiter had been as good. Service was lacking. Felt as if he had been up for days and was a bit scattered.