“As good as the hype?”
Review of Modis

Modis
Reserve with OpenTable
Modis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 157 Restaurants in Breckenridge
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ski Hill Rd
Transit: "Free Ride" transit stop located 1/2 block south on Main Street at the Blue River Plaza.
Description: Colorado contemporary cuisine in a vibrant and eclectic atmosphere. We focus on the art of food, drinks, and life. Come in a try our seasonally changing menu. Enjoy 44 wines by the glass and more than 40 craft cocktails! We have 2 daily happy hours 3-6 P.M. And 9-close. With dinner service starting at 5 P.M. And ending around 9:30 P.M. Tuesday - Sunday.
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
“As good as the hype?”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

During our ski-cation, we decided to see if Modis lived up to its hype from several of the locals. We ventured to Ember the night before and were impressed with its ambience, food, and friendly staff. Upon entering Modis, it's definitely bigger and not as quiet. It has a great wine bar vibe, terrific cocktail menu, and well balanced wine list. For bourbon lovers, it's not a bad place as they have one best selections in town. That said, upon entering the restaurant and making our way to the hostess stand, Modis gets its first poor mark. We were greeted rather coldly, with a certain air of pretentiousness. No smile. No warm welcome. Owner should find someone else. As an aside, she and another employee were cleaning the table next to us and I overhead her complaining about waiting customers. Having been in the service industry, I completely get it but one should never complain so that other patrons can hear you! However, once at the table, we were warmly greeted by a terrific server. Wish I could remember the name, but she was terrific. Very helpful in helping us choose our cocktails to start (Jalepeno Lemon Drop for my friend, Bourbon Smash for me . . . both great!). We started off with the PEI Mussels . . . .amazing. Be sure to order extra bread to dip into the broth. Appetizer was followed by the grilled romaine BLT salad. I've had several renditions of this before, it wasn't my favorite but still very tasty. Maybe a bit too much dressing. For entrees, my friend had the pork while I had the lamb T-bone. Pork had terrific taste, as did the lamb. Both perfectly cooked. Blue cheese risotto came with the lamb, wasn't a big fan. Roasted root veggies or something else may have been a better choice. Sauce was terrific! Modis is a great place for Apres, terrific views of the mountain upstairs (which is where I'd recommend you sit as it can get chilly downstairs). Bathrooms were very clean. Other than the hostess, a great experience and would definitely recommend. Though I thought Ember was better! Enjoy!

• Visited February 2013

“Really great staff”
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Loved the place - probably some of the best service I've had in a long time. The hostess was very accommodating and our waitress went way out of her way to make sure we were having a great time. As for food, I had the New York strip steak which was good, but maybe a little over-cooked. My wife had this original vegetarian dish which was fantastic - I tried her leftovers and loved it. I would certainly come back here - if nothing else for the great service!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great après ski happy hour”
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Excellent cocktails and beer after a days skiing.
Tomato bisque soup , mussels and truffle fries were all top drawer- great value happy hour.

Chicago, Illinois
“Awesome drinks and Small Plates”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

The atmosphere was great, service, was awesome, and the drinks were well thought out. I loved all the appetizers I ordered and would go back for dinner.

Visited January 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Don't order the airline chicken”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The salad was fine but the entree airline chicken (wing attached) was not good. The only time I order chicken when at a restaurant is when everything else on the menu doesn't look good. Just a heads-up.

Others have told me their tapas at the bar were good. Maybe stick to the bar!

• Visited January 2013