“Amazing location, amazing deal, great stay”

Village at Breckenridge Resort
Reviewed May 5, 2007

We stayed in a unit that looked remarkably like the picture that was on the website (I think it was unit 1403 in tower 1??). The unit was neat, clean, and the balcony views were spectacular. You couldn't asked to be closer to the lift...no matter which building you are in at the complex. I think that the people who wrote the negative reviews were probably expecting a hilton or something on a ski slope. Ski Condos look more like a house than a hotel and that is the reason I would choose to stay there. I like having a unique stay. If you want a homogenous stay, go to a chain hotel.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 8, 2007

Two families just returned from a ski vacation in Breckenridge colorado. We stayed at the village at breckenridge's supposedly most deluxe property, the chateaux. It was very disappointing. While the location was excellent. right near the Peak nine lift and ski school, the accomodations were very dingy and tired. Dirty bed linens, a blanket draped over a window instead of a curtain and hots tubs directly facing a parking lot. for the amount we payed a night (over $500 in "value season") I would have expected a much nicer property. The staff however were wonderful. The concierge had great suggestions and was very helpful and available and the front desk was pleasant at every encounter. I just expected more in terms of nicer furnishings and better care taken of the propery at the price.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank SaraMR
Reviewed April 2, 2007

We stayed in 2 bed condo room 1023 The Chateaux building, paid almost $5K for 9 nights and felt the accomodation was well below what should be expected for this price & location. & time of year We have been coming to Breckenridge for 14yrs and The Village is not what it was 10 years ago. The furniture in our condo was awful, uncomfortable, very dated and well worn. The Tv's were like something out of the ark, bedding , basic and cheap. Bed uncomfortable, paintwork in condo chipped, kitchen dated and cabinetry paintwork scruffy. No logs supplied for fire(cheap trick) maid service poor, never cleaned round work tops, poor bed making etc. But worse, key card access to building broken, therefore not secure, anyone could access. Every morning a lot of dangerous ice around front steps. This should have been taken care of by someone maintaining the building as just round the corner by Medical building, their areas sensibly cleared. Walking in ski boots early morning (thats what we are here for after all) on iced steps is asking for a lawsuit. This Village complex has no catering/restaurant etc to offer-Cafe Breck always closed???? why? The layout of the condo good, but has just been neglected and should not be allowed to charge these rates. After all this actual location(Chateaux building) no closer to the slopes than the bus stop & over icy path. We had good skiing, weather not too bad thank goodness & made the best of things regarding this accomodation, however we will not be back . Its a shame too but I think Breckenridge is becoming a haven for alot of rude snowboarders but yes there are still many decent ones who are getting drawn into this widespread opinion.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank spangle1
Reviewed March 24, 2007

We stayed for 5 days in a one bedroom condo with my hubby and our two
kids. From the first minute we walked in the room it smelled. Also the heat barely worked and when it did it was loud and would keep us up. I was very disappointed on the quality of this room. Needs to be updated. One side of the sink didn't work. The only thing good about this hotel was the location was awesome. Your so close to everything and especially the slopes. I saw on the other side a beautiful marriott. I think I'll stay there next time. Breckenridge is outstanding place to ski!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank cap21700
Reviewed February 22, 2007

My family of three rented a studio unit on vrbo.com in the liftside building. The unit was recently updated and was furnished nicely. The management company that handled things for the owner was not great. They would not give us a parking permit unless we drove back to their offices in Frisco because we checked in late the night before. This was very inconvenient for us. We used the valet service at the resort and the valet scraped up our rental car! The manager did file an incident report and handled it well considering the hassle factor involved. The studio unit was quite small. Any more then 3 people and it would be overcrowded. My only complaint about the actual room is that the comode area was like an airplane size. The double sink area was seperate and big, as was the tub/shower area which was also separated by doors. With such a huge overall area for the bathroom I can't understand why the actual toilet area was so narrow. Seemed a very poor design. The owner called the unit ski in and out, but it actually is walk about 100 yards to the lift. This is fine, but I think ski in and out is a misrepresentation of what it is. The owner also misrepresented the underground parking as included with the unit, when in fact you need a permit or your car will be towed. Permits seem to be hard to come by. The valet system works if you don't mind them scraping your car. It's not a bad place and most of my complaints are not with the actual facility, but with the owner of the unit we rented.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank PlanetR
Reviewed February 5, 2007

This is our 4th skiing trip to Breckenridge in the last 5 years. Last year tried France - no where near as good. I would much rather travel further and be guaranteed the snow - not much in Europe this year!! Breckenridge is such a quaint town - no high rise. The village is at the base of peak 8 with literally ski in/out - you may have to WALK 100 yards to the lift from your hotel entrance. We have stayed once in the hotel and three times in a condo in the village and I would recommend the condo - the hotel room for 4 is a bit cramp - so go for the condo each time. You may pay a bit more but you can selfcater if you want to. We don't, we normally go to the 'Blue Moose' for breakfast - really reasonable. lunch on the mountain and evening meal in one of the numerous restaurants which are all great - not had a bad meal yet!! Because of the exchange rate at the moment a holiday in Breckenridge is a real bargain. I was a bit reluctant to write this review because I would like to keep it a secret how good Breckenridge is. But after reading the reviews - I don't know what people expect from a ski resort - No its not the Four Seasons, but there again you don't need plush for skiing - if you do go pay the earth at Vale!!

Stayed: February 2007