“Dirty Studio”

Village at Breckenridge Resort
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Dirty Studio”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

We stayed at the Village at Breck on 24-26 Feb 14. Studio room #4318 was dirty and rundown. We found long black hairs in our bed and the pillow cases had stains on them! (we are bothe bolnds by the way) Enough said! And, the room was rundown. Definitley not like the studio pictures depicted on the Village at Breck website. We will not stay here again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank relaxcp
Virginia P, Front Office Manager at Village at Breckenridge Resort, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on our tripadvisor page! We truly appreciate the feedback. I am sincerely sorry for the issues you had in regards to the cleanliness of the unit you were in. We will be following up with the housekeeping team to ensure a higher quality of inspection moving forward. I apologize that you were not satisfied with the condition of room 4318. All of the units are privately owned. Our property management team will take your comments up with the homeowner directly.

I apologize about the experience you had at our property. It is disappointing to see that you would not want to visit the property in the future. If you change your mind, please feel free to reach out to me directly. I would be happy to set you up with a reservation and ensure proper guest service, cleanliness and quality for your next visit.

Ginny

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

This was our first visit to Breckenridge, and booked based on our travel agent's recommendation. We were not disappointed. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I love the fact that their name tags list their home town, making it a great conversation starter. The studio condo was perfect for our family of three. Close to town and at the Peak 9 lift. My family thought it was great that they could get on the mountain quickly and traverse to the different peaks. Our studio had a beautiful view of the slopes and was clean. There was a washer and dryer on our floor which was convenient. I enjoyed the indoor/outdoor pool and fitness center. I hurt myself at a different ski resort earlier in the trip and could not ski Breck. Having the fitness center allowed me to perform physical therapy, beginning my rehab sooner. We will be coming back to Breck so I can ski the mountain, and we intend to stay at this property again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Virginia P, Front Office Manager at Village at Breckenridge Resort, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our tripadvisor page! It is great to see that you enjoyed your stay with us! The studio condo is a perfect place for a family of three. I am glad you had a nice condo with a view too! Make sure when you come back that you request a nice unit with a slopeside view.

Thank you for your kind words in regards to our staff. They are all fantastic and truly go out of there way to take care of each and every guest! It is great to see you will be coming back!

Best,
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

My family and I have stayed at the Village several times. We love the hotel for location and the amenities are nice, but we come back because of the staff! They're quick with a genuine smile and will bend over backwards to accommodate any reasonable request. There is no "locals only" attitude that I've experienced at other hotels in Aspen, Vail and Breckenridge. The staff really are happy to help!

Room Tip: Not a bad room in the hotel, though the condos are incredible!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Virginia P, Front Office Manager at Village at Breckenridge Resort, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on our tripadvisor page! And wow, what a compliment to our staff! Thank you so much! They truly go above and beyond! I am glad they met your expectations while you were here! Glad you enjoyed the hotel room too. Maybe next trip will be in a condo!

Please visit us again soon!
Mermaid Beach, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

We booked to come here for XMAS this year and arrived on the 22 December for a white XMAS. We were so looking forward to it as we from Australia have never had a white xmas.

We stayed on the top floor with a great view overlooking the town as we had asked for. Our room was so cosy. Yes we had to walk through a "Creepy Garage" - So what, its just your standard car garage. We only did it once to get across to the lift to get to our room for the first time as it was so cold I guess the staff made a great decision to take us that way. Each time after that we used the lift that took us straight out onto the footpath every other time.

Our little Condo had two large rooms. I felt like I was at home here and I cried when I first saw it as it was so charming and exactly what I had hoped it to be. Just as well I did as I never got to leave the room for the next 4 days due to Acute Mountain Sickness that sadly affected myself and my two kids ontop of Influenza A. My husband always found the staff to be helpful and kind during our hours of need for supermarkets and pharmacies and medical attention to get supplies to help get us better. The free shuttle around town was fantastic and became a lifeline to us as we tried to get over the sickness.

Added bonus there is a little hospital less than 100m from the front door of the building to help with any medical needs you have. It saved us big time XMAS day, as we ended up spending our White XMAS there. :(

Beautifully appointed room and yes it was serviced everyday no problems at all. Large kitchen with everything you could possibly need with two bathrooms for the family.

This place was just what I always expected my white XMAS experience to be. Just a dam shame we never got to enjoy it. Upon checking out the next day boxing day, 4 days early - the staff were very helpful and apologetic to us and our illness. We will be back one day to experience it properly.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room with a view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Virginia P, Front Office Manager at Village at Breckenridge Resort, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review on our tripadvisor page! It was great to see how much you enjoyed the property even while being sick! I hope you come back next Christmas and can enjoy your vacation! I am glad that the condo suited your needs and that your experience with our front of the house staff met your expectations.

Hope to see you next year!
The Woodlands, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

Last year we stayed here and had a great time. The location is fabulous especially with two kids in tow. Close to town and restaurants/bars. Although the room we had was a little outdated it had a great view of the ski school area and mountain. Disappointed washer/dryer in hall. A little concerned about some of the comments of poor rooms and service.

We are returning again this year (tomorrow) and I will be calling to request an updated room with a view...and hopefully w/d in unit. Will provide update.

BTW, Charlie is fabulous! He hooked us up last year with a very memorable experience!

Dear Valued Guest!

Have you arrived? I assume you have! I hope everything is meeting your expectation! Please call the front desk - or of course Charlie - if you need anything while you are here! Enjoy your time in Breckenridge.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent several days in Breckenridge at a lovely, cozy, clean condo. The views of the mountains are stunning from anywhere in the building. Having the picturesque clock tower and courtyard just outside was a bonus. You are steps away from the lifts and across the street from the best ski rental places in town (Base Mountain Sports). Peak 9 Inn is really nice and clean. They even have free granola bars and shuttle service to restaurants in Breckenridge. The four hot tubs, dry sauna, steam room and heated pool were perfect after a day on the slopes. We really liked that the toilet, sinks and shower/tub were in separate rooms. We always had hot water and loved the shower pressure! We will definitely stay here again. We would also recommend: Colorado Mountain Express instead of renting a car. They let me stop on the way to the condo to pick up the keys and then dropped them back off for me after taking me to the airport. You can walk almost anywhere in Breckenridge or there are the free buses. Food: Angel's Hallow (best and strongest margaritas and Baja fish tacos are mouth watering, Empire Burger (fries are really good), and the folks at the Starbucks down the street were so very nice. If you go in late January/February, check out the snow sculptures! Amazing!

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Village at Breckenridge! It is great to see how much you enjoyed your stay with us! It truly is the perfect spot to enjoy this great mountain town AND the slopes.

Hope to see you again in the future!
Park Ridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in 1306 and was pleasantly surprised at how roomy and cozy the suite was. Check in was easy with friendly staff, it was nice to have garage parking, and there are convenient places to eat within walking distance. The condo was very clean and seemed new. I enjoyed the hot tub after skiing. The best part was being so close to the slopes. The only negative is that the parking pass only lasts until noon the day you check out, so if you plan to ski that day, be aware of this restriction.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on our tripadvisor page! I am glad to see you enjoyed the location and the condo you stayed in! 1306 is a great unit. I hope you had a great Breck vacation and took in all that this town has to offer! We really appreciate this feedback!

Hope to see you again in the future!