“Run-of-the-mill decent clean hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Boulder
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Boulder
Potomac, MD, USA
“Run-of-the-mill decent clean hotel”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I am trying to recall anything outstanding at this hotel, really it was clean, staff friendly, the rooms looked newer. The in-room temperature control could be better since I dislike these units where there isn't an automated temperature control, but you have to dial in heat/cold knobs with hi/low fans which are typically noisy, and keep guessing when you hit the right temp.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Emily S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Boulder, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel, and I'm sorry your recent stay wasn't outstanding. We aim towards going above and beyond with our service and amenities. Please contact me directly for your next visit, and I will personally assist in offering the exceptional experience we pride ourselves on.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Anytime I am in Boulder, I stay at The Holiday Inn Express. I have never been disappointed by any aspect of staying at this hotel. If there is ever an issue, no manner how minute, the staff will go out of their way to make sure it is taken care of. I have recommended this hotel many times, and will continue to do so.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Emily S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Boulder, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel and for your loyalty! We love building relationships with our guests, getting to know their likes and dislikes, and focusing our services to better meet their needs.

So again, thank you for the opportunity to allow us to provide excellent costumer service and we look forward to your next stay.
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I was here for a science conference and had booked my travel at a different hotel, but they screwed it up and I was in Boulder with no place to sleep. Luckily, I called this hotel even though it was considerably farther away than where I had originally made reservations; however, the lady at the front desk was super helpful and helped me get the government per diem rate that I needed. The staff was very friendly, and helpful during the two nights that I stayed there. Lastly, the breakfast was really good and they had a pretty good variety of items that varied slightly per day.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review and I'm so pleased that we were able to provide you with a great stay during your conference. I will make sure to share your review with our staff to let them see the outcome of their continual promise to provide costumer service.

Thank you again and we are excited about the opportunity to assist you on your next visit.
california
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Most Holiday Inn Express chains are very nice as this one was. I used Booking.com to book this hotel not knowing that if I booked with them I wouldn't be able to use/gain my member points, I guess I understand that booking.com is a third party site but I wasn't asking for a discount or anything so it didn't really make sense to me. When I asked the front desk person about it he was vague about if I would get the points or not, it didn't seem like he really knew one way or the other.

As far as the room itself it was comfortable, with nice bedding & great free Wi-Fi that worked perfectly. The bathroom was spacious and I love the adjustable shower heads they have, I found a few small hairs in my tub but could tell that it was cleaned. We only stayed one night so we didn't use the pool or anything else they offer so I can't comment on them.

One thing they really need to improve is their Lost & found communications. I was traveling with my Sister who is Diabetic and she happened to leave her medical blood strips and a few other important items in a bag on the bed (she has never done that!) of course she didn't realize she left it until we were about 500 miles away! She called the hotel ASAP to ask if they had found it and the front desk said they didn't know and would have to ask a maid and call back...well a few days had gone by and no call back so she called again, the front desk staff said they still didn't know. Sounded like they didn't even check from the first call...this was medical stuff so you would think that they would care a little more and find out! My Sister left her address and numbers and asked for them to please find it and call back. She didn't get any call back but her bag arrived at her door as an overnight package that they charged her $70 bucks for, she never asked them to do that because by then she had already replaced the items in the bag! I think they need better training on communication with the housekeeping staff and should ask how something is to be sent back before assuming someone wants to pay $70 bucks for overnight when if they had cared in the first place they wouldn't have had to go that route.

Anyway, other than that it was a nice stay. Just don't leave anything behind and you should be fine!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Emily S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Boulder, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you for your well thought out review. I'm happy that we were able to provide you with one of our spacious rooms and we are excited about the opportunity to continue to offer those large rooms and adjustable shower heads for your next stay.

It is common practice amongst all brand hotels that most rates booked through most third party web sites (complimentary hotel stays and any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate) are not eligible for points. This is becoming the standard practice within the hospitality industry, including airlines as well.

In regards to the lost and found, let me start by apologizing for the inconvenience and miscommunication. We will review our lost and found procedure and evaluate how to expedite the process more efficiently. I will say, however, that we can not mail a lost item without speaking to the guest prior and receiving their address and payment information.

Again, thank you for your review and please contact me directly on your next visit to Boulder.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed November 23, 2013

out of the busy, crowded part of Boulder, but still close enough to North Boulder, quite, compared to other hotels in Boulder, will all ways stay there if needing a hotel in Boulder. bummer, windows did not open.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank bjcoats
Emily S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Boulder, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for your review! We are significantly the closest hotel to the Boulder Community Hospital, all the local shops, and breweries in North Boulder.

I'm interested in your window comment, and I'd love to talk more about it, so please don't hesitate to contact me so that we may resolve this issue. All of our guest room windows do open, so I was surprised to read that yours did not.

So again, please don't hesitate to contact me so we can riddle this out.

Thank you, and I look forward to your next stay.
Sparks, Nevada
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I stayed here 5 nights while helping my son continue with the clean up from the 9/11 flood of his home. The staff was very friendly and helpful, rooms clean, furnishings up to date, mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker (with pretty good coffee for hotel coffee), never heard any sounds from surrounding rooms. The morning breakfast, however, was processed, heated up in a microwave food. The bananas were the only fresh food. The breakfast room was kept clean and again the staff was very friendly. For the location and comfort I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: I was on the first floor and never heard a sound from above or beside me.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank divetravlr
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I'm sorry to hear about your son's situation, but I'm happy that we were able to assist and offer our services and a warm, dry place to stay.
Our breakfast is made daily and we do offer several fresh food options, including the bananas and oranges. We are working to offer additional healthy options to our menu, so definitely keep an eye out.
Thanks again, and we look forward to your next stay.
Missoula, Montana
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

This will not be at the top of your list for superb places to stay but I can keep agree with the other recent reviews. The staff was very polite, rooms were furnished nicely. My bathroom needed a little extra cleaning though. TV in exercise room wouldn't receive a signal. Location is convenient.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mtarmygriz
Emily S, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Boulder, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for your review. We do aim to be on our guest's top 10 lists of places to stay, with our friendly staff and spacious rooms. I'm sorry we weren't able to do so for you during your previous stay.

Please contact me directly for your next stay, and I will make every effort to land on your list of top hotels. Thank you again.