Most Holiday Inn Express chains are very nice as this one was. I used Booking.com to book this hotel not knowing that if I booked with them I wouldn't be able to use/gain my member points, I guess I understand that booking.com is a third party site but I wasn't asking for a discount or anything so it didn't really make sense to me. When I asked the front desk person about it he was vague about if I would get the points or not, it didn't seem like he really knew one way or the other.
As far as the room itself it was comfortable, with nice bedding & great free Wi-Fi that worked perfectly. The bathroom was spacious and I love the adjustable shower heads they have, I found a few small hairs in my tub but could tell that it was cleaned. We only stayed one night so we didn't use the pool or anything else they offer so I can't comment on them.
One thing they really need to improve is their Lost & found communications. I was traveling with my Sister who is Diabetic and she happened to leave her medical blood strips and a few other important items in a bag on the bed (she has never done that!) of course she didn't realize she left it until we were about 500 miles away! She called the hotel ASAP to ask if they had found it and the front desk said they didn't know and would have to ask a maid and call back...well a few days had gone by and no call back so she called again, the front desk staff said they still didn't know. Sounded like they didn't even check from the first call...this was medical stuff so you would think that they would care a little more and find out! My Sister left her address and numbers and asked for them to please find it and call back. She didn't get any call back but her bag arrived at her door as an overnight package that they charged her $70 bucks for, she never asked them to do that because by then she had already replaced the items in the bag! I think they need better training on communication with the housekeeping staff and should ask how something is to be sent back before assuming someone wants to pay $70 bucks for overnight when if they had cared in the first place they wouldn't have had to go that route.
Anyway, other than that it was a nice stay. Just don't leave anything behind and you should be fine!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Boulder hotel is an all non-smoking, beautifully appointed hotel in North Boulder 4.5 miles from the University of Colorado and 5 miles from IBM, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and the Gunbarrell Business Park. The Boulder Holiday Inn Express is located within minutes of Boulder Reservoir and 1/4 mile from Wonderland Lake Hiking Trail and other great hiking trails for the outdoor adventurous. Featuring Express Start breakfast with exclusive hot cinnamon rolls, hot entrees. Free local phone calls, complimentary wireless high-speed Internet access and a business center to fit your needs. Airport transportation is available through Boulder Super Shuttle. Free wireless high-speed Internet access, 2 two-line phones, refrigerators, microwaves and coffee makers in all rooms. The Holiday Inn Express is conveniently located 3 miles from the Pearl Street Mall area and downtown Boulder. We are pet friendly with a fee. Visit Boulder, CO and Stay Smart at your home away from home the Holiday Inn Express hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Boulder reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Boulder Hotel Boulder
- Holiday Inn Boulder
- Boulder Holiday Inn Express