“Nice - will be even nicer”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Boulder
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Boulder
Reviewed November 1, 2013

This was a great hotel for traveling with kids - they have adjoining rooms to make a suite. We had plenty of room. Our only complaint was that the hotel is undergoing a remodel so parking was scarce and there is construction going on everywhere. Once it is done it will be an exceptional place to stay!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
1  Thank Anna L
HWSBoulderSales, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boulder, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Thank you so much for your recent review. I am delighted to hear that our suites provided enough space for you and your children. I apologize for the inconvenience the construction caused you during your stay with us. We hope you choose to stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

First I want to say that the staff was awesome - very welcoming and friendly. I booked here even though it was out of the central area for two reasons - the pool and jacuzzi. The pool had just been closed for the season (excuse me - I'm from California, we don't know what that means and I will swim laps in 68 degree water, so...) and we were told the jacuzzi had been filled in due to a complaint regarding handicap accessibility. So I guess rather than make accessible, they just closed it permanently! Well, I could have survived without the pool if I had the spa, so that totally sucked. I don't care about "free" food of low quality - so that's not a concern - and it was not much to rave about, but lots of folk would rather have that than have to worry about it, so... but in BOULDER?? There is so much great, inexpensive (and more expensive!) food! Loved the size and space of rooms, all was VERY clean - beds just average. VERY dry in rooms - we went out and bought a humidifier. The area is certainly quiet - not really a party hotel anyway - and after one sleepless night due to elephants above, we were very agreeably moved to an upper floor. Romantic? No. Spacious, clean, friendly, functional - yes. If I were on business or wanted enough space and a kitchen I would stay again. Also, even though the first floor was recovering from flood damage, there was NO construction disturbance - thanks again to the friendly staff and management!

1  Thank DropAnchor

DropAnchor, thank you for your recent review of the Homewood Suites Boulder! I'm glad that you found our staff welcoming and friendly and our suites clean and spacious. I apologize the pool and jacuzzi were not open during your stay, I understand your dissapointment since they were key reasons in booking our hotel. Next door to us is the Colorado Athletic Club with a full size olympic pool and jacuzzi that we would have gladly sent you to. We hope to see you again the next time you visit Boulder.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

The check in was easy and I received a call 20 minutes later to see if we needed anything. The room was large with separate living area and 2 tv's. all this might be expected in a well run chain. What really impressed me was the breakfast that included eggs, bagels waffles and oatmeal. What topped it off was the fresh blueberries raspberries and bananas and the three coffee choices[robust, regular and decaf]. Someone anticipated all our needs and it wored for us.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Gil Z, I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback! At the Homewood Suites Boulder we pride ourselves on outstanding service and making our guests feel as comfortable as they are at home. I am so happy to hear that we met your expectations and we cannot wait to see you the next time you are in Boulder!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

There is nothing fancy about the Homewood Suites but it is very comfortable. It as 2 rooms, a separate living area/kitchen and bedroom. Breakfast is included 7 days a week and a light supper with wine is included Mon-Fri. The staff is very friendly and helpful. There is a gym and an outdoor pool (closed in the winter). There are also bikes available for your use and many paths nearby.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor are quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Savvydiner2, thank you so much for taking the time to review our property! I am pleased to hear that you found the Homewood Suites a comfortable place to stay and you enjoyed our helpful staff. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Boulder!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located near the main drag connecting Boulder to the Denver airport. Though they were recovering from recent flood damage,, there was no evidence of it in our room or the public areas. You had to pass outside from your room to the reception area where the buffet breakfast was served which was a pain in the butt since it snowed the night before. The breakfast was typical for this type of property, ho hum commercial prepackaged food. Absolutely nothing exceptional. The dining room was one of the prettiest i've been in spoiled by CNBC blaring on the tv. If you want to watch TV go to your room! The room was comfortable with a nice suite layout.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
HWSBoulderSales, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Boulder, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dennis, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I'm glad that you found our location convenient and found the room layout comfortable. We try to make our guests feel like they are in a home away from home. I apologize the TV in the dining room disturbed you and that you had to walk outside to enter the lobby. We hope that you return to Boulder and stay with us again.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

And I do mean hidden! You will see it and then have to make your way through the maze to get there but it will all be worthwhile! Friendly staff, clean comfortable rooms, quiet, and a great breakfast. Just one thing could be better, the internet connection. They were still under construction trying to clean up from the flooding but everything was running smoothly and looked great. Awesome job!

Stayed: October 2013

Robert, we appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Homewood Suites Boulder! We are a bit "hidden" behind the shopping center, but i'm pleased to hear you enjoyed our property and amenities when you arrived! I am sorry the internet connection was not very strong, we have been working with different companies to solve the issue. We are looking forward to your next visit to Boulder!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I really enjoyed staying here on our recent trip to CU Boulder. My son and I had plenty of room to spread out. He could sleep on the sofa in the living room and I had my own bedroom. Although we didn't use the kitchen, it had everything you needed if you didn't want to go out to eat. The bathroom was well appointed and quite clean (I am very picky too). The girls at the front desk were very courteous and had great personalities. The breakfast was fantastic, so much more than what you get with many other breakfasts at hotels in this price range. The only negative comment is it is just plain hard to find, especially at night and in the rain. Otherwise, I would happily stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Travelmom, thank you so much for your kind review! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your suite and had plenty of room for you and your son to relax. I will pass on your kind words to the Front Desk staff and Breakfast team. You are correct, we are a little tricky to find and I apolgoize you experienced that! We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Boulder!