Boulder University Inn
Courtyard by Marriott Boulder(Boulder)(Great Value!)
$118
Courtyard
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of $199/night.

Boulder Marriott(Boulder)
$187
$179
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $239/night.

Best Western Plus Boulder Inn(Boulder)(Great Value!)
$160
$144
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $205/night.

$159
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $179/night.

$173
$162
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $222/night.

Holiday Inn Express Boulder(Boulder)(Great Value!)
$171
$162
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $193/night.

$212
$187
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $221/night.

Boulder Adventure Lodge(Boulder)(Great Value!)
$159
Hotel Boulderado(Boulder)
$223
$154
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $229/night.

$349
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsgreat locationpearl streetthree blocksbathroom windowupdated roomswithin walking distancejunior suitecontinental breakfastmotel stylefarmers marketgrocery storewalked everywherestay there againcu campusshort walkwalk in showeryogurt
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I booked two nights at the University Inn because it was the cheapest option I found that was walking distance from the city center. And while about $110 was cheaper than the other hotels, it seemed too much to pay for what I got. The room was clean, but clearly hasn't had any work done in 10-20 years. I could feel each spring in the bed, the curtains had several small holes in them, I could hear every time another person closed their door, I was awoken the second night by one or more bees on me, and there was a very strange stain on the ceiling. It was manageable because I was there solo, but I don't think my significant other would have been very happy there.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 24, 2012

There is a sign in the lobby that says the entire motel is going to be rebuilt/remodeled in the near future. When making a reservation, you will want to ask the hotel when the remodel will start or whether it is done.
We stayed in room 119.
There were no maintenance issues. The carpeting is dark. The room was clean and comfortable. The bed was comfortable. We were not disturbed by the other tenants. However, we could hear someone walking in the room above us. Weekends are busy and room rates are higher on weekends. We paid $107 per night, which is still relatively low compared to other area lodging.
We parked our car within 30 feet of the room and did not have to carry our luggage up stairs or long distances. Parking is free in a part of town where you have to pay for parking everywhere else. The location is optimal for exploring the downtown on foot. Bicycles are loaned for free. The motel is located next to one of the many interconnecting bike paths in town. You can park your car at your room and not need it again until you leave town.
Across the street from the motel is a natural foods store called Alfa. They have excellent products. You can buy pizza by the slice or sandwiches there and eat very cheaply inside the market. You have a great selection of desserts from the bakery and drinks from the market. There are a lot of interesting foods and drinks to try.
Although the accomodations are not luxurious, this is an excellent place to stay.
I forgot to mention that there is a continental breakfast furnished by the motel. It features yoghurt and cereals, but no fruit. We chose to eat breakfast out.
Check in and out was quick and easy. The staff are personable.
We did not use the swimming pool, which is inconspicuously placed on the north side of the property near the street.

Room Tip: Room 119 was great. If you are bothered by noise from above, ask for an upstairs room. If you like easy movement of luggage from car to room, choose downstairs room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We shopped around for a hotel that would be close to the downtown Pearl Street area and this place was within walking distance and the price was reasonable compared to the other chains in the area or the upscale places at $250+/night. We only stayed one night, thank goodness, because the room wasn't that great. It smelled like smoke, although it was a non-smoking room. The AC didn't work that well and it took a long time for the room to cool down. The shower had mold on the ceiling that had been painted over and the walls of the shower weren't that clean either. The carpet was dirty. The bed was ok and sheets were clean. We opted to stay on the first floor so we could park right outside the door but we could hear every step taken in the room above us which became quite annoying. The pool was right along side the road and even though there was a privacy fence, there is a lot of foot traffic thru the area so we didn't even attempt trying out the pool. There is a park area behind the hotel and from the front door of our room we could see a group of people sitting under a tree behind the hotel. At first glance, it looked like a group of homeless people and we started to get concerned about the security in the parking lot with leaving items inside our car. However, after a closer look, we realized they were just a group of locals who dressed like homeless people (seemed to be common in Boulder). We spent most of our time downtown dreading coming back to the hotel room..hoping to drink enough local brews to put us to sleep quickly upon returning to the room.
I would give this hotel 2 stars, except for the fact that the location was perfect and the hotel staff was very helpful and nice. If you don't plan on spending time in your room, then this place will work if you want a reasonably priced room close to the downtown area.
They served a continental breakfast, which we opted to skip..try out the "The Buff Restaurant" instead (featured on Man vs. Food on the Travel Channel).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Although not much has changed at the University Inn since my last review in Aug 2011, I did want to make note that upon the manager's post/comment to my review, when making reservations I requested a refrigerator for our 8 night stay. Luckily this request was granted. I was told upon check in that there are 4 refrigerators on site and are available as first come first serve. It was nice to not have to keep a cooler stocked with ice, especially since most days during our stay were over 90 degrees!

As always, we found the rooms clean and comfortable and the staff friendly and accommodating. Not quite 5 star. Not yet anyway!

In the lobby is a poster board display of the renovations & remodeling that is going to take place at the hotel. I was told that the project will be done in 3 phases, with the first phase starting late October and the hotel will remain open during the renovations. I was also told that all rooms/bathrooms will be redone top to bottom. Double/full size beds will be replaced with queen size, giving guests the option of queen or king bedding. I believe all tv's will be replaced with flat screens as well. The lobby/breakfast area will also be redone and a new privacy wall will be built around the pool. The exterior of the building has what appears to me to be the typical look of other Boulder stone front buildings. Based on the photos, the exterior and interior changes look very nice!

I look forward to seeing/experiencing the changes on my next visit to town.

Mare

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mare123
BoulderCreek, General Manager at Boulder University Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

We are so thrilled that you chose to stay with us again. We too are very excited for our upcoming renovation which is now scheduled to begin in January 2013. We hope to see again if your travels bring you back to Boulder.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

This is not a fancy place - but it's clean and quiet. Walking distance to Pearl Street Mall and the university. The creek runs behind the inn, and you can see the Flatirons from the parking lot. The free wi-fi was very fast, and the continental breakfast was fine. For less than $100 including tax per night in late July, it was definitely a bargain and I'd stay there again any time.

There is a grocery store called 'Alfalfa's' across the street that has excellent produce and a lot of varieties of healthy take out food. The Boulder Farmer's Market on Wednesdays is only .5 block away from the inn, and it's excellent.

The only negative I can think of is that there were very few electrical outlets in the room I was in.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo