“Comfortable Stay”

Boulder Twin Lakes Inn
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Boulder
“Comfortable Stay”
Reviewed March 21, 2006

Sandy Point Inn is a comfortable place to stay in a beautiful residential area of Boulder called Gunbarrel. The manager & staff were all nice & helpful on all matters. I slept well there on a sturdy high quality mattress & breakfast always provided some variey with different pastries & fruit each day in addition to the normal items such as cereals, toast, juice, etc. There are also convenient coin operated washing machines & dryers available for guests to use. Rates to stay at Sandy Point Inn are reasonable, especially for longer term stays.

• Stayed March 2006
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Janesville, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 28, 2005

I can't believe the people who say that this place is above average. I would definitely give it average at best. This place is completely off the beaten trail, being at least 5 miles out of town in an out of the way place. The rooms are designed for longer stays. Housekeeping did not come in every day. You had to ask for new linens. Rooms come with a tiny kitchen area. Continental breakfast is supposedly included. It consisted of housekeeping opening up a door to the kitchen, taking out some store bought pastries, boxed cereal, a few bananas and some coffee. I have no idea where the homemade muffins were. We never saw any. One morning, I had to ask where the juice and milk were. Mgmt. replied that they forgot to buy some. What??? The building is fairly old (1970's), furniture was at least 20 years old, beds very soft. Had an interesting odor to the place. All in all, if you can tolerate above, it would be ok to stay again. Needs updating big time.

• Stayed June 2005
3 Thank alwaystosagirl1983
atlanta ga
Reviewed October 12, 2005

What a wonderful experience I loved this hotel. Clean quiet and comfortable. If your looking for the best deal in boulder this is it.
Fresh baked muffins in the morning!!! How awesome. I cant wait to return.

Stayed September 2005
5 Thank southerntraveler2008
Reviewed January 25, 2004

Awesome place to stay. Good view of the mountains. Very nice rooms with everything you could want plus a kitchen upstairs in case you feel like just spending an evening inside. Staff was great and attended to everything even offering rides to places we needed to get to.
Continental breakfast was great and varied everyday so it never got old over the ten days we spent

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 12, 2003

Boy oh Boy if your looking for a quiet clean place stop looking. I was so happy the rates were half the price as other nice hotels, The service was wonderful, not only did they make me feel at home, I woke up in the morning to a hot cup of coffee and a wonderful breakfast.
***** is my rating.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 27, 2003

UNBELIVABLE!!!!! I stayed at this place Approx. 3 years ago and they charged my credit card TWICE, on different days!!! It was such a nightmare and hassle to get one of the charges reversed; I vowed NEVER to stay there again.I found myself back in Boulder last weekend, 8-23-03, and on short notice I went back to the Sandy Point Inn. I made the reservation with my credit card. I arrived a couple days later and my wife paid with her credit card. I thought everything was okay this time. FIVE DAYS LATER,... these people charged the card I made the reservation with.I am at awe how this can happen once,.... let alone twice. To the same person,... each time they stayed there. I am still trying to get one of the charges reversed,... still no luck!!One more thing, it isn't that nice of a place to stay at anyway.I WILL NEVER GO BACK,.... NEVER!!!! Beware!!!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
, United States at Boulder Twin Lakes Inn, responded to this review, September 12, 2003
We are sorry for the experience our guest had with his credit card charge. This happened when the "So Big" virus hit our merchant card processing center and stalled our batch transaction, causing a duplication of charges. As soon as we were aware of the error we promptly corrected it. Unfortunately, our guest did not know of the root cause of the problem, and thought it was an error on our part. These types of mistakes are rare. We take every effort to make our guests comfortable and ensure that they get high value for their money.