“Simple but what we needed” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Boulder Twin Lakes Inn

Boulder Twin Lakes Inn
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Boulder
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Simple but what we needed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

boulder Twin Lakes Inn was clean, simple, cheap and just what we needed after 5 days backpacking. We did not attend the breakfast. Short drive over to Peal Street for dinner and entertainment. I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed last summer and I have been meaning to write this review for sometime. This is a great place to stay; nice rooms, quiet location near walking/running path; good breakfast-love the scones; staff friendly. Looking forward to our stay in October.

• Stayed September 2011
Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

This is a quirky hotel as another reviewer mentioned, but it is clean, quiet, with gererous sized rooms and a great value and location. Comfortable beds, updated bathroom - loved the water saving options on the toilet :) The staff is friendly and helpful, when you are able to find them.

We had a corner unit on the 1st floor - the flat screen TV provided great Olympics viewing at night, and we were less than 10 minutes from the Pearl Street Mall. Never used the hot tub. My husband and teenage son had great running from the hotel.

There was a large (10−15?) Japanese running group staying there, and when I went to put our ice block into the upstairs kitchen freezer, I was pretty surprised by the strong smells of the food being cooked for them: this might have been problematic if our room was upstairs as it permeated the whole hallway.

Breakfast was somewhat disappointing: coffee wasn't ready either morning at 7, there was no fresh fruit excpet bananas, the juice ran out by 7:10 AM and was not readily replaced. However they had great mini-oat/berry scones, some mini cinnamon rolls that our teenagers seemed to enjoy, as well as cereals, peanut butter, teas, and oatmeal. It was sufficient for our needs.

Room Tip: We loved our corner room on the lower level - spacious with 2 queens, a sofa, a table & chairs...
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I can't say enough about this cute little hotel. If you like to feel like you are in a home environment, this hotel is for you. We arrived quite early for check in, not expecting to be able to get into our room at all. To our surprise they accomodated us with out thinking twice. We were directed to our cool, (it had been 100 degrees that day) clean, nice size room. bonus was the refrigerator in the room.
I paid cash for the room and the credit card that I used to hold the room was credit back very quickly. I would stay here again.

Boulder, Co
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I had the oportunity to stay with these folks at Boulder Twin Lakes, a few months ago. I just wanted to say that the location, continental breakfast, the rooms and more importantly the front desk staff made this an amzing business trip for me. I would highly recommend this Hotel for a nice family atmosphere with great amenities, and at competitive prices as well.

-Robert Marsden

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Pros:
spacious room -
comfortable furniture (excepting bed issue, see below)
safe/secure/quiet neighborhood
competent staff
inexpensive and very good value

Cons:
1. The beds in our room (208) had wood at the foot of the bed, at the level of the mattress. Depending on how tall you are or how this affects you, it can be uncomfortable and cause you to sleep diagonally, which may present issues for you and your bed partner. This will be an issue only for some people, and may not be relevant for all the rooms - you could ask. Not a dealbreaker - I'd stay here again - but worth knowing if you are 6'1" or taller.

2. The breakfast was one place where I missed being in a chain hotel. One morning there was no more coffee, and while I certainly could have found someone (no one is in attendance in the breakfast room) and had more coffee made, I was in a hurry and just did without. The bread is presented in the plastic bag it comes in from the supermarket, so when you reach in to take your slices to toast, you (or me, anyway) think about everybody's else's germy hands handling the bread.....I would have preferred the sterility of a Comfort Inn plastic holder with plastic tongs in this matter...

But overall, very good value , comfortable, recommended.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Boulder, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

There's nothing fancy about Twin Lakes Inn. But the bed is terrific, and it has a kitchenette--vital for me since I don't want to go our for all my meals. There's also a generous cold breakfast every day that includes fresh fruit salad and boiled eggs, bagels, cereal, hot coffee, etc.

The walking is great--there's access to the Twin Lakes trails a block away. One of the lakes is fenced and dogs can play unleashed there. You can easily bike to Boulder, or drive there in ten minutes maximum.

It's a great place for anyone who wants an inexpensive place to stay in the Boulder area. I will recommend it to my friends and family.

Room Tip: Talk to them about your needs. I came here to work on a project and brought a portable table; they p...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business