“Great Marriott Property with Friendly Staff”

Residence Inn Boulder
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Boulder
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Great Marriott Property with Friendly Staff”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

The level of service and hospitality I received at this hotel is the very reason I am proud to be a Platinum Marriott member!

Even before arriving Jennifer helped me to make a reservation for my co-worker and myself. She was very helpful and worked with me to ensure everything was correct and ready to go for our almost 3 week stay.

Staying at this property is what I wish every hotel stay would be. I felt right at home. The front desk staff knew us by name and was always friendly and on top of things. Thank you to Nancy, Jackie, Nikki and the entire staff for always being smiling faces to talk to!

The property itself is clean and spacious. It is set up apartment style with multiple two-story buildings. While we were there they put out brand new pool furniture and it seems they are constantly doing things to improve the property. Each time I entered the gatehouse I had to stop to smell the flowers (literally). There are gorgeous hanging baskets of flowers that smell amazing, along with other flowers around the property.

There is ample parking in the parking lot and on the street. We had two 26 foot box trucks and there was plenty of space on the street by the hotel for us the entire time. The hotel is located in an office park type area with businesses around, which offers a wide street area for larger vehicles. If you come into town on Foothills Pwky make sure you turn on Valmont to get to Center Green Drive, as there is no entrance from Foothills.

There are also FREE bikes and helmets that you can borrow at any time! You can easily get to many restaurants and shopping within less than 2 miles! I definitely used this multiple times throughout my stay. The 29th Street mall is very close with food and shopping galore!

Of course they have the evening reception a few nights of the week with beer, wine and a variety of food choices. The breakfast is also standard Res Inn food, which includes a large spread every morning.

My room was a studio Residence Inn room with living room and full kitchen. There is also a fire place and spacious bathroom! One feature that I always look forward to is an oven! All Res Inns have a stovetop but only some have the ever coveted oven! This is helpful if you are staying for a long period of time! The room is clean, newly renovated and has everything you would need!

Overall I had an exceptional time at this property and I look forward to returning to Boulder! There isn't another hotel in Boulder that I would even consider staying at after my wonderful stay here!

Room Tip: The property is set up apartment style. All of the buildings are two stories. There aren't any e...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank NataleeTravelBug
vbocg, General Manager at Residence Inn Boulder, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
WOW! How do I begin to respond to such a glowing review? First, THANK YOU for being such a loyal Marriott customer! You have to stay in a lot of hotels over the course of the year to earn Platinum Status, so we thank you! As for your comments on our amazing team and how you wish that every hotel stay could be like your recent experience, I could not be more delighted and proud to hear of your experience. There are few comments more rewarding to hear than yours, stating that there isn't another hotel in Boulder that you would even consider staying at. On behalf of my entire team that love serving our guests, we thank you for your comments and sincerely look forward to your return visit. Safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Miramar, Florida
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel many times, at least 8. The hotel is laid out on two floors, and in a way where every room opens from the outside; it's not in a building. The rooms are spacious, very clean, and the bed is comfortable. They have fireplaces in the rooms as well, a nice touch, but I've never used. But this is not a luxury hotel. It's not fancy by far, but very comfortable. The staff is extra friendly and accommodating, and they make fresh cookies for the guests every day. They have a decent continental breakfast, but you'll only catch it if you're a morning person, because it ends at 9am (I guess they're used to accommodating business guests). If you have an entire family, you could surely make do in the one room if you're a couple and with two small kids. If you're coming to see the sites, there on business or to visit family, and are not planning to stay on the hotel grounds for entertainment, then this hotel is for you. If you're looking for more out of the actual hotel, then you need to look elsewhere. But for what I need, this hotel is the one I'll choose over and over again. My only peev is there is no restaurant on the grounds or nearby, within walking distance. You have to order takeout (expensive no matter what you get) or get in your car and drive to the Pearl Street shopping area, which although is not far (10 minutes), is also not obvious from the hotel; you'd have to know where you're going to get to all the shops and restaurants. Then you'd have an array of food options to choose from. So make that one of the first things to learn when you get there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Camille0911
Thanks for sharing your feedback on our all-suite hotel. I'm so glad to hear that you have become a regular customer and have returned to our hotel on many occassions. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service and I am delighted to hear that you found our staff to be so accommodating. The next time you are here, you will have to check out one of our great local brewery's, Boulder Beer, that is located within walking distance to the hotel and has great food options! Thanks for your great comments and we look forward to your next visit!
Michigan
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This Residence Inn is "motel" style with doors that open to the outside as opposed to the newer Residence Inn's which are hotel style. It's ok in the warmer months ....but in the winter would probably be tough dragging suitcases thru the snow. And up a flight of stairs. I still give this property a very good however because the rooms are all very clean, updated, the kitchenettes are great (granite countertops) and we got a 1 BR with loft (2 bath), kitchenette and living area that was perfect for a family of 4. Free breakfast in the morning, fitness room looked very nice, outdoor pool, and small market next to the front desk where you can get food, snacks and beer/wine. Worked for us for a quick weekend vist for UC Graduation. Highway traffic can be bothersome for light sleepers.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms require walking up a flight of stairs. Ask for room furthest away from highway/st...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank PatienceWonderful
Thanks for sharing the news of how great our loft style two bed, two bath suites are for families! With over 850 square feet, they provide plenty of space for a family to have room to relax and spread out. Congratulations on your CU graduate and we hope you will have many more happy occasions to return to Boulder for!
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Very clean, well laid out, did what we wanted, though a two "bedroom" was a bedroom plus an open loft. Bathrooms were cheaply done, but certainly worked. We were flying in and out of Boulder Municipal Airport which is only a mile and a half away and made it exceptionally convenient.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank NYCAngels
vbocg, General Manager at Residence Inn Boulder, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you NYC Angels for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We appreciate your feedback on our clean and convenient property. Safe travels and I hope you will stay with us again if your travel plans bring you back to Boulder.
Cathy Rothweiler
Philadelphia
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Super cheerful and accommodating staff brighten up what is otherwise a bit dated version of a typical Residence Inn. Traveling with two teenagers for a Spring Break ski, eat and shop trip to Boulder, I loved the two-bedroom and kitchen configuration. But the 2-story layout made for a less private, hear every step reality. Located near a train track and a major road also detracted from the ambiance (but not terribly). Enjoyed the free bikes. Boulder has an awesome network of bike paths. Great since nothing of interest is in walking distance from the hotel. Enjoyed the fireplace after a snowy day on the slopes. Also appreciated the full breakfasts. Well presented with plenty of options to start the day. All in all, a great utility option made much better by a great staff. Not a great choice for a romantic weekend but perfect for weekend with the kids.

Room Tip: An upper-level room will probably be quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Kwazimotosan
Thank you for your kind and detailed review of our hotel. It sounds like you had the perfect Spring Break, complete with a cozy fire in your fireplace after a day on the slopes. It is wonderful to hear that you found our staff to be cheerful. It's what keeps our guests coming back and writing great reviews such as yours. Thanks for the endorsement and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Boulder!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Spent two nights here with my husband in order to visit our son in Boulder. The units all resemble condos and are in a little "neighborhood". The lobby, breakfast area and our unit are all very nicely decorated. Everything seems to be quite new. We had a king studio suite with a woodburning fireplace which was very nice for entertaining our son and his girlfriend. All was spotlessly clean. The warm chocolate chip cookies at the desk was a very nice touch. I enjoyed the plain yogurt at the breakfast spread. No complaints and the price is right!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank John_and_Michele
vbocg, General Manager at Residence Inn Boulder, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Jon and Mic,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. Nothing is more gratifying to us than hearing from a happy customer. I'm so glad you were able to entertain your son and his girlfriend while you were visiting and took advantage of our freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. They are a temptation that few of us are able to resisit! I look forward to your return visit to see your son. Boulder and the Residence Inn by Marriott are wonderful places to stay and visit all four seasons!
Cathy Rothweiler
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We have only stayed at a Residence Inn twice but I have to say, I'm quite impressed. Lovely rooms, fireplaces, kitchens with all the amentities, very comfortable bedrooms and great breakfast each morning. What's not to like?

Some reviewers said that the property is too close to train tracks and that bothered them. Really? We heard a train ONE night and that's it. No big deal. To my wife and I this was a non-issue.

The location, while not "in the thick of things" was certainly centrally located and easy to get everywhere we needed or wanted to be.

It happened to snow several inches during our stay and first thing, a hotel crew was out cleaning driveways, sidewalks and roads to provide guests with a safe environment. They came back that afternoon and repeated everything since it kept snowing. Very nice!!

We would and will stay again next time we are in Boulder. A great spot at a great price!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kkhinnm
vbocg, Manager at Residence Inn Boulder, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for kind words and great depiction of Residence Inn providing "everything you need"! I'm glad your Colorado experience included fresh snow and that our maintenance team kept the property shoveled and safe! I appreciate you sharing your experience with others and hope you will soon be able to claim that you've stayed at our Residence Inn three times!! Safe travels!

CathyRothweiler