“Staycation in Boulder”

Residence Inn Boulder
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Boulder
Reviewed October 17, 2011

If you are looking for a home away from home, you can't go wrong at the Marriott Residence Inn in Boulder. And for 75.00 non refundable fee, you can even bring your pets along. Of course there is a pet waiver to sign which makes it clear that loud animals will not be tolerated and housekeeping will not enter your unit if they feel threatened by an animal.
I recently escaped to this Hotel when construction issues around my home made it difficult to remain sane. This is my second visit to this Property in the last 6 years. Boulder has 3 Marriotts in town: full service on Canyon Blvd., Courtyard off of 47th St. and this Residence Inn off of Valmont. My first visit to this Property was an extended stay of over a month and the management gave me a discount. I did not get a discount for 5 nights, not even a AAA discount. The rates were comparable to what one would pay at the Courtyard by Marriott but considerably less than prices at the full service Marriott. I booked at the last minute and feel fortunate to have gotten a room here as they appeared very busy-every parking space during the week filled. There was at least one other couple staying here with their pets due to construction issues at their home.
This Residence Inn is definitely off the beaten track in an Office Park area. The Inn offers bikes and it is close to a City bus route. There is ample free parking. Except for the trains, which did not bother me in the least, one feels like you are in a quiet neighborhood. Mature trees are all over the property, along with squirrels scampering about to entertain your pets.The landscaping is well maintained.
My unit was relatively clean. The exception were a few stains on the carpeting. This is a homey place. Bedding is much like I have at home, nothing luxurious. The comforter was thin and limp. Bed was very comfortable. Furniture is pretty standard and looks like it could withstand a lot of wear. Other reviews have talked about recent remodeling. I could not tell that had been done except for the kitchen which appeared to have new countertops. Kitchen had a very modern microwave but very noisy dishwasher. One of my favorite aspects of these units is the sliding glass doors, even on the second floors to allow fresh air in. Fireplace would be nice to use on a snowy day. I could hear water running in an adjacent unit but never any voices. As I know there were people around me this was impressive.
As far as I know, this is the only Hotel in Boulder, at least of this quality, to allow pets and I am grateful for that. They have maintained consistent standards over the years. The staff is very friendly and eager to please. I would return and recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: Request a second floor for no sounds above you.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank jacaranda83

Reviewed October 13, 2011

My daughter was married over the Labor Day Weekend so our whole family booked rooms at the Residence Inn in Boulder, CO. We were very pleased with the facilities, the great breakfast each morning (something different each day), and the opportunity to share family time around the pool and picnic areas. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area.

Room Tip: If you need sleeping arrangements for more than two adults I would choose the two bedroom option. T...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Duzynuf
Reviewed September 17, 2011

The renovated studio suite was very nicely decorated. There is a large, fully equipped kitchen and an excellent desk area that overlooks the tv. Great to work on the computer (wifi was good) and watch tv at the same time.
While the room was comfortable, there were some issues with noise--specifically the train tracks nearby. If you wear earplugs to sleep as I do, then no problem. If you are like my husband and don't, then you will grouch about your sleep being disturbed. We also found the air handler for the a/c in the room to be very noisy. Another problem appeared only on one night: cooking odors from another unit infused our room with a rather unappetizing smell. We had no problems with odors on the three other nights of our visit.

We did like the nicer-than-average breakfasts and were even there for a free bbq dinner on a Wednesday night that was a nice perk.

While it is situated near some office complexes, you are very near access routes to all of Boulder and the beautiful surrounding area.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Will never look for other lodging in Boulder.

Property was recently renovated and is super clean.

Staff is the friendliest and most helpful ever encountered.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This residence has a good hot breakfast in the mornings. All the rooms were recently remodeled this past winter. It is convenient to get in and out of Boulder from here, just off Foot Hills Parkway. There is a pool and recently remodeled exercise room. The staff is one of the nicest in the world.

Room Tip: Some second story rooms have a loft with another bed and 2nd bath.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I stayed here two nites while in Boulder for business. At first I was disappointed to not be within walking distance of Pearl Street, but then realized so few places are that you're almost always forced to drive. I loved the Residence Inn! My room was huge (it's a studio), the pool was clean and shaded, the folks at the front desk were all very friendly, and even the breakfast was way above normal hotel free breakfasts. I think they have bikes to rent too, but I didn't take advantage of it. And I think I only paid about $135/nite. Really good deal!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We had a 'penthouse' 2 BR suite which was great for my husband, myself and our 2 teen+ daughters. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast, while well attended was run very efficiently and was fresh and tasty. The pool is small, but adequate. We were visiting our daughter who lives nearby and it was easy to get around Boulder from this location. Only negative is the nearby RR which comes by late at night and early in the AM. I lived in Manhattan for years, so I adapted by night 2, but if you're a light sleeper, you might not want to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family