“Updated very nicely”

Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Boulder
Richardson, Texas
“Updated very nicely”
Reviewed July 8, 2011

This was our 3rd time to stay at Residence Inn and what a surprise. Our room was completely remodeled. Even the kitchen was updated with new appliances. A very nice layout with warm colors appropriate to Boulder. This room was perfect for us and being on the second floor made it much more quiet. We could hear the traffic some so we fixed this by turning on the central fan at night which lulled us to sleep. The only thing I'd change is wifi access to all the rooms. A very nice stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Loretta42

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 25, 2011

We just returned from our 6-day leisure trip to the Boulder, CO area. The hotel made our vacation wonderful! It was like a second home. Our room was recently renovated and looked amazing. It was large and provided ample space to enjoy for a week. The property had a community feel with several courtyards and outdoor furniture where we enjoyed some evenings outside. We had a small dog with us and it was a perfect setting for him too. The property is tucked away in a quiet area and only 5 minutes by car to anything in Boulder. The staff was extremely nice and professional. The parking was free and it had a nice social hour during the week. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AmandaGV
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed May 30, 2011

I was at this hotel for 10 recently. What a wonderful place to relax and work too. The entire hotel has recently had all the interiors redone. I was in two different rooms over my stay, with a 2 day break inbetween. The rooms were identical except one had a fireplace and one did not.

I had ground level studio apartments both times on the north side of the pool area and the west side of the building. I never once heard the trains except when I was outside. Inside, it was very peaceful. I didn't hear my neighbors at all either, unless my window or sliding glass door were open.

There is free high-speed internet, though it wasn't always so high-speed. Connect via wireless or ethernet cable. You'll have to get the password from the front desk as they are different depending on which room you are in.

Free parking is a major plus. Bicycles are available to borrow, or maybe they are rented.

The main dining room is comfortable, modern, bright and relaxing. The hot and cold breakfast offerings were good, plenty of options for most everyone. Just wish it was organic fare.

The rooms have new beds, lots of feather pillows and new comforters. There is all new flooring and wallpaper. I did not like the popcorn textured ceilings though. Looks ugly and very dated. The heating worked great. didn't have a use for the a/c though as it's been cool and damp most of May, which is unusual for Boulder.

Bathrooms are clean and bright. Fluffy towels and nice body products. The shower head was great and the bathtub holds water! However, I'm wondering why the toilets aren't low water usage types?

Kitchens have granite tops, new appliances, new cabinets, under cabinet lighting, and stainless steel cookware. I wish there was a sprayer faucet at the sink as it is a large sink and hard to clean without one. Also not so great is the desk, which doubles as the dining table. Where the kitchen floor and the carpet meet is a transition strip which interferes with the wheels on the ONLY movable chair for the desk/dining table. Why is there only one chair for this area and why does it have to be in the kitchen?
There needs to be two chairs, of adjustable height, for more than one person to be eating at this odd table/desk.

I was also not impressed with the sofas in the living rooms; they are sofa sleepers and the cushions were very firm, so not very comfortable to sit on for long periods of time, say while watching the enormous flat screen TV, or reading the newspaper. The lounging chair too was not that comfortable.

As for the staff at this establishment, I can only say good things about them. The GM - Cathy Rothweiler (sp?) - has chosen her staff well. They are all kind, helpful and efficient. Many of them speak a second language too.

Most of the time you can find fresh baked cookies at the front desk and fresh brewed coffee in the dining room. On Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday late afternoons, there's a free mini meal with wine and sodas available.

There is wonderful outdoor pool and hot tub area. There are also BBQ grills and a nice picnic area close by to the pool, and an outdoor basketball court/badminton/other play area. There is also an indoor gym, though I didn't see it.

Now I know why my brother and his family like to stay here when they're in town.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank J-Lvs-2Travel
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed December 1, 2010

The staff is wonderful. The morning complimentary breakfast substantial. Rooms are clean and spacious. But be prepared to be awakened in early a.m. (3 or 6), by freight trains moving through the area. It's not the engine sound that is an issue, it's the extended whistles. It's unfortunate, because you can tell the staff tries to overcompensate for this challenge. The location is not well-marked just off Foothills Parkway at Valmont. So a car is essential to get around Boulder. For the price this is a value . . . if you can handle the train.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 2fortheRoad52
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed October 28, 2010

I traveled to Boulder for a 2 week business visit towards the end of winter. My company booked me at Marriott Courtyard, but I got it changed to Marriott Residence Inn because the Residence Inn had a small kitchen in the studio where I could cook. Also, since I don't generally drive when I am in the US, I try to stay in hotels which are close to restaurants and shopping malls.

The Residence Inn also serves free snacks and drinks in the evening 3 days of the week, in addition to the complimentary breakfast. The breakfast is quite sumptuous. The room is great, everything looks new even the hotel's history says it is old.

There is also a community bus service which starts at the hotel for people who don't use the cabs. A couple of my friends used the bus transport.

But the part that made my stay worthwhile was the kitchen, it had all kinds of utensils and equipment. There were self-service laundry services, snack vending machines in the hotel.

In addition, the staff was very warm and friendly.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank redds_77
Houston
Reviewed August 5, 2010

We had plenty of room for the two of us, and our two grown children who stopped by for a pizza dinner in the living room/kitchen area. Clean and comfortable, we felt safe and took a nice walk in the morning, part of it on the creek walk that begins up the street. There was plenty to choose from for breakfast. The front desk staff were friendly and competent.
For the price, beats the competition in Boulder for space, amenities, and decor. Note; this isn't in close walking distance of CU.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank robconverse
USA
Reviewed June 22, 2010

The place looks very old and creeky from the outside, and the same from inside the rooms. Apparently they are updating everything this summer!! Much much needed. Hardwired internet still? please! I won't go any further. Breakfast room is absolutely awful. I have never been somewhere so crowded with so many tables and nowhere to sit b/c of the # of people.

The best part is the delightful staff who were all helpful in terms of directions, holding bags, ideas for food and for being professional and upbeat from the GM to the Front Desk staff.

I'd recommend after this summer, b/c I have a feeling that, with the update, it will go along perfectly with the super staff!! I'd also only recommend if you have a car. The location is not so great, tucked away in a business park with very few choices to eat in walking distance. Nearest choices are 10 minutes away, and I am not sure there are more than 2-3.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business