“Quite simply, it was very good” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Member Rates
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Boulder
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Quite simply, it was very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Took a weekend trip to Boulder to check out CU for my son. The hotel was better than we thought it was going to be based on some of the reviews. Comfy, clean room, well maintained common areas, very friendly staff and the proximity to the Campus and downtown excellent. What else can you really ask for?
Never ate at the bistro, so can't comment on that...too many other option downtown to enjoy.

Easy to get to Pearl Street Mall and parking in the garages downtown is free on the weekends. Boulder is a great town with lots to do...every visitor to CO should check it out!
We will definately stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Boulder again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the couryard
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
courtyardboulder, General Manager at Courtyard Boulder, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you very much for posting your comments on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay here.
I am pleased you enjoyed the location, facilities and staff service. I am also happy you indicated you will return in the future to be our guest. We look forward to serving you again soon.
All the best.

Courtyard by Marriott Boulder

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Minneapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed for 1 evening in July to catch a play at the CA Shakespeare festival in Boulder. The Courtyard is located about a 10 minute drive from downtown Boulder on the far end of Pear St. Easy to get back and forth. Hotel itself was typical Courtyard and the room was comfortable and clean. We had a room away from the road which was quiet. The hotel has a pool which is nice in the summer and the usual cafe/market set up as food options. No restaurant options in the immediate vicinity of the hotel, but just a 5-10 minute drive away.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you very much for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor.
I am happy you enjoyed your visit to Boulder and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you on your next visit.

Monmouth County, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

The front staff was exceptionally pleasant and helpful. Always greeted us with a smile and asked if there was anything that we needed. I always seemed to be in the lobby when the Bistro was closed but the front staff was always helpful in getting my coffee. The room was a standard Courtyard Marriott with small fridge. I had a King room and I thought the room was a little on the small side but I did have an interesting view for the area: prairie dog community and mountains in the backround. Room was clean and updated and housekeeping always did a great job. It is a very convenient hotel to the center of Boulder and tons of stores, Pearl Street and restaurants, and also offers free wi-fi. The only reason I didn't give it 4 stars was because I thought the rate was a little high (not sure of the standard rate for the area) and the room being on the smaller side. Other than that I would definitely stay again because of the quality of service and location.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
courtyardboulder, General Manager at Courtyard Boulder, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you very much for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor.
I am happy you enjoyed your stay and our staff service. We look forward to serving you again soon.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I complained to the Front Desk that the noise coming from above my room keeping me awake. The only response was that the hotel was fully booked and there was nothing that could be done. Later to find out that my Credit Card was double billed, this is not the type of service I expect from a Marriott!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
courtyardboulder, General Manager at Courtyard Boulder, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor.
I am sorry that you experienced noise and billing problems during your stay. I am sharing your comments with our staff to improve our service in the future. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Alcoa, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed our recent stay at the Marriott in Boulder. The location is good. It's a couple of miles from the Pearl Street Mall, but there is a Boulder B-Cycle rental station very close and it's an easy bike ride to most of the tourist areas.

The hotel is nice. The front desk folks were very helpful. We stayed on the concierge level and the employees staffing the hospitality area were outstanding. We got great advice on what to see and do along with smiling faces every day.

The beds were comfortable and the amenities were fine, but what stood out the most was the view. We took this video from the window of our room.

Boulder is a beautiful, fun, and vibrant city and the Marriott Boulder makes for a nice base of operations.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that looks towards Arapahoe Avenue.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BrokenRecord
courtyardboulder, General Manager at Courtyard Boulder, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you for posting your comments on TripAdvisor. I am pleased you enjoyed the hotel services and your time here in Boulder. We look forward to an opportunity to serve you again soon.

Fort Davis, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Because of flight delays, we arrived at 9:30 p.m. having missed dinner. So seeing the bistro in front of us that was still open and serving fresh food was a site for sore eyes. The room was up to the standard we expected and very clean. The only drawback was that the bed was oriented so that if you wanted to watch TV you had to bend your neck. One thing to also be aware of is a rail spur that is behind the parking lot. Because it is just a spur there were only 2 trains, but still was a not of a disruption.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Carla K
courtyardboulder, General Manager at Courtyard Boulder, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor. I am happy that you were able to enjoy your meal in our Bistro after your long day traveling. We hope to serve you again in the near future.
Woodstock, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

It was a Courtyard and lived up to the quality you expect from that part of the Marriott chain. The bed linens were excellent, and the mattress was incredibly comfortable. The room was impeccably clean, as was all the rest of the hotel we saw. We only stayed here because our car was towed a long way to the BMW dealership (to which this hotel is very conveniently located) after we had a run in with a raccoon that caused a surprising amount of damage. Boulder was not on our three week road trip itinerary, and we were surprised by how expensive the town was (with three weeks of nights to cover, we were trying to be economical), which is why we only stayed one night here then moved to a cheaper option that was a but closer to downtown once we were able to get a rental car the next day. That being said, from what I saw in my hotel search, this Courtyard is quite reasonably priced for a hotel of this caliber in Boulder. It is not really centrally located, but it is a very short drive downtown, and the location is probably why this hotel is a actually bit cheaper than it's comparable competition (to give you an idea, the Super 8 and Best Western were only marginally cheaper, and you obviously get a lot more from a Courtyard than either of those chains). I wish I'd been there earlier in the night to take advantage of things like the pool, which seemed nice. This us generally not the sort of hotel is spring for if I'm just looking for a bed and shower then to move on. It would be very comfortable for a long weekend though. We also greatly appreciated that they were very accommodating about allowing us an hour later check out at no charge given that it was 3:30am when we arrived. If I were in Boulder on a different sort of trip, I'd gladly stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank KellerIsaacs
courtyardboulder, General Manager at Courtyard Boulder, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. I was sorry to hear that your had damage to your vehicle during your vacation. I hope that the remainder of your trip was enjoyable and safe.
I am glad you enjoyed your short stay with us and I am happy you will stay with us in the future if your travel plans allow it.
Thank you again and all the best.