“Good business hotel, but expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Courtyard Boulder

Courtyard Boulder
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Boulder
Manson, Washington
“Good business hotel, but expensive”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I stayed here for one night while our daughter got settled at CU. I usually stay at another hotel in town closer to the CU campus, but it was booked that night. The room was clean and decor looked updated. Nice flat screen TV that swiveled. Downside: the air conditioning unit was loud and woke me up at night when it kicked on. I agree with another reviewer that the bed pillows are too big and mushy. The price for my room was about 50% more than I pay when I stay at the other hotel with an awesome breakfast included. The Bistro bar/restaurant was OK. I though $10 for a glass of chardonnay was a bit much. Nice to have a Starbucks latte in the morning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
courtyardboulder, General Manager at Courtyard Boulder, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott Boulder.
I am pleased you enjoyed the hotel, services and would like to apologize for the pillow and air conditioning unit problems you experienced. In the future, please feel free to alert our front desk staff to any concerns such as this and we will be happy to remedy the problem.
We are continually evaluating our pricing and services to meet the needs of our guests and I appreciate your feedback.
We look forward to another opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Courtyard by Marriott Boulder

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
vancouver bc
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights, august 2013 for triathlon event. Very clean, great staff, and onsite bistro ok and convenient. Good location to explore area. Right on the trails so great for running, riding bike from. I agree with another review that only the pillows to complain about. Would likely stay again when in Boulder.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
courtyardboulder, General Manager at Courtyard Boulder, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you very much for posting your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am happy you enjoyed the service and our location. We are conveniently located to the trail system in Boulder and do have many guests that make use of the trails while staying with us. We look forward to another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Columbus, Indiana
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed for a business trip in July 2013. Very clean facility. Rooms were clean and were well maintained daily by housekeeping staff. Lobby and restaurant area also clean. Staff professional and friendly.

Only gripes I had were the pillows were a little mushy even with 4 to choose from. Train track is very near facility so the 5:30am train woke me daily. Bicycle rental might be a good idea for this facility to consider with their close access to Boulder's plethora of trails. The only other thing I didn't like was the Bistro and not because the food was an issue - I just prefer the Courtyard facilities with the buffet for breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
courtyardboulder, General Manager at Courtyard Boulder, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased you found the hotel clean and the staff friendly. I appreciate your comments regarding the bedding, cycling and noise and will share them with our associates. We look forward to another opportunity serve you in the future.

Wichita, Kansas, United States
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I stayed here for two nights on a business trip. It was pretty standard Courtyard fare. Very clean and nicely decorated. Very nice lobby area with in-house bistro that served food throughout the day. One complaint was the hair dryer was not very powerful. It took three times as long to dry my hair each morning.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
courtyardboulder, General Manager at Courtyard Boulder, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
I really do appreciate you taking your time to post comments regarding your recent stay on TripAdvisor. I am pleased you found the hotel clean, updated and enjoyed our Bistro restaurant. I would like to apologize that you found the hair dryer unsatisfactory during your stay. In the future, please let our front desk staff know and we will be happy to replace the hairdryer.
Once again, thank you for completing your review on TripAdvisor and we look forward to serving you on your next visit to Boulder.

Arizona
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We recently stayed here on a weekend in July. We had a really nice room on the courtyard. The room was quiet, (except the AC, which we expect), comfortable beds and pillows and very clean. The location was easy for us, despite the construction, because our plans were all in downtown Boulder. Boulder hotels tend to charge for parking, so the drive was worth it to us. Our hotel plan included breakfast and I recommend this. The Bistro is pricey.

A few suggestions to the hotel manager that will attract Seniors: a shaving/makeup mirror in the room, and BREWED decaf coffee in the Bistro. The Cafe Americano or latte just don't make it for breakfast.

Overall, a very nice stay, and we will be back. Thanks!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the courtyard.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
courtyardboulder, General Manager at Courtyard Boulder, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for posting your comments on TripAdvisor.
I am pleased you enjoy the hotel services and location. The construction you referenced is simply the painting of our exterior and should be completely shortly. I am sorry we did not have brewed decaf available for you in the Bistro during breakfast. This is something that is typically available every morning and consistently re filled. I will share your comments with our Bistro staff.
Once again, thank you for your comments and for staying with us. We look forward to serving you on your next visit to Boulder.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 20, 2013

This property provides the expectations that a Courtyard sets: spacious room, comfortable bed, nice courtyard (of course!), fitness room and guest laundry. It is tucked away in a complex of office buildings. There is nothing else around the property in terms of restaurants or attractions. It's a very short drive to the main drag through Boulder (28th Street) but you wouldn't want to walk it. There was also a lot of street construction going on while I was there (July 2013). The room was comfortable but the AC unit was noisy. Front desk staff was consistently friendly and helpful. Small, indoor pool and hot tub. As with most Courtyards, there is a basic bistro providing breakfast; not open for lunch. In spite of location, I would stay there again...the price was right.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
courtyardboulder, Manager at Courtyard Boulder, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor.
I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will stay with us again in the future.
We look forward to that opportunity.

Manhattan, Kansas
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Standard Marriott. Beautiful spacious rooms. We had a lovely courtyard and patio outside our door. Rooms have nice fridge and microwave. However, only one coffee pack!!!! Give me a break! Had to go lobby and buy their marked up coffee. Blow dryer was not on the wall- not sure where it is. Location is also weird, as mentioned by other reviewers. We did get a good nights sleep with a bed for each child and hubby and I in pullout in living room. When traveling as a family the space is nice, but not sure I would stay here again because of location and coffee situation-- I know it's minor, but it's the principle of the matter.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank K_M60503
courtyardboulder, General Manager at Courtyard Boulder, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you very much for posting your comments on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott Boulder.
I would like to apologize for the lack of complimentary coffee in your guestroom and the hair dryer not being noticed during your stay. Our staff should be putting two packets of regular and two packets of decaf in each guest room. I am sorry that this did not occur. In the future, please feel free to call the front desk and we will have additional packets delivered right away. At this property, the hair dryers are kept in the guest room closet. This allows the guest to utilize them in the bathroom area or anywhere else in the room. We have found this more convenient for our guests rather than having the hairdryers wall mounted.
I really appreciate your comments and we look forward to serving you on your next visit to Boulder