“Beautiful Grounds, Average Rooms”

Millennium Harvest House
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Boulder
Reviewed August 3, 2010

The grounds of this hotel are lovely, with great access to the Boulder Creek Path, great pools, nice gardens. The rooms appear to be fairly hit and miss, with "just ordinary" being the norm. Our "superior room" had a garden/mountain view with a balcony: the balcony was directly above the A/C units, so it was so loud we couldn't even open the door, let alone sit on the balcony. Beyond that, the room was fairly small (having lost floor space for the balcony.) Service here was definitely a problem. We went through three TV remotes before we got one that worked, and a couple of mornings, we had to practically beg to be allowed to pay for our breakfast -- service in the restaurant apparently depends on the presence of the manager.

But on the whole, I'd recommend the hotel -- the grounds are worth the flaws.

Reviewed July 27, 2010

I'm sure many people have had an enjoyable stay at this property, but I must admit I was very disappointed with this hotel. I don't have a single complaint with the staff, as they were very friendly and accommodating. All of my complaints lie solely with the property itself. Some of the issues I have are simply not "fixable" ...the hotel borders the back side of a strip mall and the parking in the area along that stretch feels a little iffy on security, and you have to pass smelly dumpsters if you walk outside from the west wing to the lobby area. The whole place feels like it is stuck in a time warp. It feels like maybe it was a two star place when it was built in the seventies or eighties, and I don't think I would rate it any higher than that today. I was given a room in the West Wing, and it just had a sketchy feel to it from the moment I drove up to it. I found the elevator to be dated and there was an old bloody gauze pad stuck up in the plastic light grate. I stepped out of the elevator into a hallway that had lots of scuff marks on the walls and stained, dirty carpet. I opened the door to my room to find a typical, old-school Holiday Inn-type room. I had no major complaints with the room itself other than the bathroom. There was a tile missing from the wall behind the door and it was crumbling, and someone had left an old shoe insert up on top of the bathroom light. (Bizarre but true. ) The door hinges were rusty and there had been a leak in the wall at some point. The tile on the floor is old and there was just a normal straight shower curtain rod on the shower. I hate to sound trivial but when you are paying between $125.00 and $200.00 a night for a room you generally see amenities such as a curved shower rod. It's not a deal breaker but they really are fairly standard these days in most hotels. Each issue by itself was not a big deal, but added all together they gave this place a dirty, old feel. The pool area was nice, but the pictures of the cascading fountain on their website are deceiving. The water cascades right into a nasty holding tank, and it looks as if it has seen better days too. I have another trip to Boulder coming up in August, and the night before I stayed here I checked their rates online to see about booking this hotel for that trip too. The starting rate was $199.00 a night, so I waited to see if I could find something a little lower. I cannot IMAGINE paying that rate for one night at this hotel now that I have actually stayed there. I was very disappointed!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
BoulderManagement, Director of Sales at Millennium Harvest House, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2010

Thank you for choosing the Millennium Harvest House, Boulder on your recent visit. We appreciate your business even though it was a disappointing one.

We had a chance to review the survey you recently completed and was concerned to hear about your experience with our hotel. We strive to accommodate our all of our guests and their needs. The experiences you’ve taken away from the Millennium Harvest House are certainly not what our guests should expect or deserve. I know that does not change your experience but we hope you feel confident that we’ve heard your concerns and definitely doing something about it.

Without your feedback we cannot improve the quality of our service and hope you afford us another opportunity to serve you better.

Reviewed July 27, 2010

The location was perfect for our family. The hotel is adjacent to the Boulder creek path (part of the city's system of bike paths) which eliminates driving somewhere to run in the mornings. The hotel is about 2 blocks from a nice playground for our small children. It is close to downtown and the university. There is a grocery store adjacent to it as well.
The hotel itself was nice. The room (we stayed in the main building) was spacious and had a nice view of the mountains. Parking is free and plentiful. The price was excellent. Service was friendly. The air conditioner was a bit noisy, but no big deal. Internet was free in the lobby, but not in rooms (this is a strong negative in my opinion). Overall, a good experience. Everything is close by.

Reviewed July 24, 2010

We were blown away by the hospitality at Millennium Harvest House in Boulder. The entry way was welcoming. The room was perfect! Our balcony had a breathtaking view of the mountains to the West. Every question we asked of the staff was answered quickly to our satisfaction. They had some music there that was very entertaining. Everyone was having a great time. The location is fantastic! Right on Boulder Creek, with all the amenities of Boulder within walking distance or a short drive. We will definitely go back.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2010

I was in Boulder for buisness. The location of the hotel is fabulous, however, the rooms are just OK. Service was good and the grounds are beautiful. Large patio with pools (indoor and outdoor). The fitness room is small and very hot inside. Will stay here again though as the location to the Boulder Creek Trail and to activities is fantastic.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
BoulderManagement, Manager at Millennium Harvest House, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2010

Thank you for your comments about your stay with us last week. We appreciate you letting us know your concerns with our fitness room and I wanted to let you know that we are currently looking at different options to help improve the temperature in that room. Thank You.

Reviewed July 16, 2010

Price does not warrant the facilities. Had to park in a shopping center and walk to
the hotel due to inadequate parking. No wireless internet. Pool area was very trashy.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 16, 2010

I am not that picky, but my daughter and I went to swim in their pool and the water was nasty. The bathroom in our room was in very poor shape. The beds were comfortable. The hotel wasn't worth the money $130 a night, in my opinion.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
BoulderManagement, Director of Sales at Millennium Harvest House, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay, and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We are currently making steps to improve the cleanliness of our pool area, and we appreciate you letting us know your concerns.