Millennium Harvest House
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 3, 2009

It's puzzling why the Millennium doesn't simply update its carpeting and paint in the hallways of the West Wing. This hotels has nice rooms and good amenities in an excellent location. You can walk on the beautiful Boulder Creek Path right from here (and the place rents bikes too), the pool is nice, and it's right near CU. But the worn feeling of the West Wing hallways makes it feel a little creepy. I ended up here after booking two nights through Hotwire for $69 for a 3-star hotel for Sept. 19 and 20 during a non-CU football weekend. The rooms were going for $150. I stayed in Boulder on a night-by-night basis for four more nights, booking a 3-star $69 Boulder hotel via Hotwire each night and getting the MIllennium every time except the last night. The MIllennium had two large groups coming in on Thursday and took itself off the Hotwire rate and there were no more 3-star hotels on Hotwire (I got a 2 1/2 star hotel for $59 at the perfectly fine Days Inn for that night, not as good a location). I agree that the lack of free Wifi in all the rooms no matter the rate is ridiculous in 2009, though I encountered the same thing later in this trip at the 3 1/2 star Marriott in Fort Collins: internet was extra if you booked a cheap rate. The internet worked fine in the lobby, however, where plenty of guests were using it. I agree that this is not a 3-star hotel at this point, but I would stay here anytime for $69 for the location, the access to the creek path, and the comfy rooms (no fridge, but I loved the cushy comforters; it was odd that the bottom sheets weren't fitted and did tend to come off, as one reviewer said).

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2009

I ended up staying here for 5 days because I got a great rate through Priceline for what is supposedly a three star hotel. I'm not sure how it got that rating - I was extremely disappointed.

They did let me check-in early on the first day; however, the first room they put me in was probably rarely occupied anyway. It was on the top level of the hotel, was slightly bigger that a broom closet, and full of flies. Apparently there are no screens in any of the rooms and so if someone opens a window flies get in. When I got to this room the window was closed and the air was off, so it was extremely stuffy and all the flies that had gotten in were flying around the room. Additionally, this room was right next to the exit, which is a safety concern for women traveling alone. When I called down to tell them the room was full of flies, they did not apologize - they grudgingly gave me a better room on the second floor.

Let me also say that there was not a bell hop to be found and there was no offer to help me with luggage upon check-in.

The second room was not bad. However, it was apparent that the room had not been completely cleaned before I got up there. There was a dirty towel on the floor and a hairy bar of soap in the shower. This was extremely disgusting, but the sheets looked clean and I didn't want to lug all of my stuff to yet another room.

The only other issue I had with the room was the fact that it overlooks a parking lot that is used as a hangout. There were teenagers right beneath my room every night until about 10pm. Not a big issue, but something to be aware of.

On the other hand, the location is great. About a block from the University of Colorado, which is why I think it seems to be a pretty popular hotel. Aside from the location, I can't imagine there'd be any other reason to choose to stay here.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2009

I wanted to personnally thank the entire staff for a tremendous stay!! My daughter was married this last Friday and I believe we had over 40 rooms. Every aspect of our stay was flawless,despite what others have said in their reviews this hotel gets a 5 thumbs up from all of us

• Stayed: September 2009
Reviewed August 25, 2009

I was at the hotel for a nearby business meeting. The price was ok. Checkin was easy. The staff was friendly and helpful. I did not try the restaurant but the menu looked fine. Internet access was free and fast. Wireless works in the lower floors but in my room I needed a cable (which is provided).

For a business traveler, the location was good. There is a plaza right next door with a grocery store and a coffee shop and some nice restaurants a block away.

I had a good view facing west, especially nice in the morning when the mountains lit up in the early light. There is a great walking/running biking trail running alongside a beautiful little stream. I recommend you spend some time on that trail in the morning - very relaxing.

There is an indoor pool with nice places to sit inside and outside.

The bathrooms were clean but the fixtures need an update. For example, I had to crouch down to get under the shower head - and I am not a giant.

The only real complain I had was about the exercise room. Probably about 300 sq feet of space with about a dozen pieces of equipment - treadmills, elliptical, weights, etc. But it was stifling hot and the only ventilation seemed to be two large floor fans. And there were no towels. Instead of using this exercise room, use the running trail instead.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 16, 2009

This was one of the stranger experiences I've had with a hotel, although I was kind of expecting it after reading some of the other reviews. I booked through priceline and was first put in the "west wing", which is actually a completely separate building, and feels like a 1-star budget motel (the rooms aren't as bad, but the bldg itself, and the hallways, etc are). Low ceilings, stained carpet, etc. However, I asked at the desk if I could stay in the main building, and they were able to switch me for my second night, and after that it was much nicer...The beds were comfortable, with nice down comforters (one strange thing, though...in both buildings, the bottom sheets weren't fitted, and kept sliding off to reveal bare mattress).

So overall, very friendly staff, nice enough room, nice pool (I definitely disagree with the other reviews that said it was gross...there were a few leaves but overall very pretty and enjoyable, esp the huge hot tub), just be aware of the "west wing" phenomenon. Also the lack of reliable internet unless you pay $10, which seems ridiculous.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
BoulderManagement, Manager at Millennium Harvest House, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2009

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay, and we are very happy to hear that, overall, you had a positive experience with us. I would like to clear up one misconception in regards to our West Wing. This wing is not a separate building, as the whole property is connected. There are outdoor entrances, to help with ease of parking, but it is connected to the main building.
Thanks again for taking the time to let us know about your stay.