“Great for Football Games at CU!”

Millennium Harvest House
Ranked #20 of 20 Hotels in Boulder
Atlanta, GA
“Great for Football Games at CU!”
Reviewed September 26, 2008

We stayed at the Millenium from Sept 17-19th for an away game for college football against CU.

In the parking lot, the hotel does not look very impressive and it does show some signs of wear/tear, but all in all we loved the hotel.

Check-In-The check-in was really uneventful. We were given our room keys, they worked fine and we went up to our room. *Just make sure if you purchased the breakfast with your room rate that you let them know because they forgot to give us our coupons and we had to go back and get them.

Rooms-Are a little outdated, but they are very clean. The bathrooms have nice amenities, and again are a little outdated, but very clean. The room was spacious, TV could have been udpated, but we weren't really in the room all that much.

Restaurant-We ate dinner at the restaurant and there was no one in there except for one other couple! The server seemed new but no problems there. The food was great--we really enjoyed it and told them to thank the chef for us that night. Pricing was reasonable. We also had the breakfast buffet coupons, which included eggs, bacon, potatoes, oatmeal, pastries, cereals, etc. and one drink. Food was good for breakfast as well.

Tailgate on Game Day-This was a free-entrance tailgate that the Millenium hosted. It was FANTASTIC! They had a huge TV screen set up on the back of the property, drink stands everywhere, grilling out food, etc. What a great venue for a large tailgate like this. *A Tip-We paid $40 for a tailgate at the Marriott down the street. DO NOT PAY FOR THIS!! The Millenium tailgate is free and way better--better drinks, better food...all around better!

All in all we had a fantastic time. Please contact me with any questions.

• Liked — The back of the property and the tailgate for the CU game.
  • Disliked — Outdated Accomodations
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
Laguna Beach, CA
Reviewed September 17, 2008

Three strikes and you're out! I will never stay at this hotel again. Since my business travels take me to Boulder many times throughout the year, I've had an opportunity to truly give the Millenium three chances. Each time I was lured back by a reasonable room rate for a decent brand (I've stayed at the Millenium in New York and had a great experience). Each time I've stayed here there has been a problem. First off, the hotel is in shabby condition - broken fixtures, water stains, sheets not secured to the bed...etc. Second, the basic stuff they should get right from a service perspective...they don't. The first two times I visited, the keys I was given didn't work and I had to go trek back to the front desk to have them recoded - once, it took three trips downstairs before they got it right. This last time, the key did work but the lights in my room didn't. Plus, about an hour after checking in, I heard my door knob jiggling and thought it was the maintenance man coming to fix the lights but it was another guest who was embarassed to discover she was given my same room. All that said, a few smiles and sorrys would go a long way toward encouraging me to give them one more chance but even the staff wasn't very pleasant. They seem about as over it as I am. Warning - avoid the Millenium in Boulder!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Gurujake

Travelers are raving about these Boulder hotels

Bedford, Indiana
Reviewed September 7, 2008

I stayed at the Millennium Harvest House as a part of a 50+ person conference.

Everything, from beginning to end, was excellent.

Although the property is large and my room was a bit of a walk from the front desk and meeting rooms, it was clean, comfortable, well lit, and well maintained. The Millennium, of course, is an older hotel - there are some signs of wear an tear. However, it was clear to me that the staff takes pride in their hotel and works hard to keep it looking its best.

The only "complaint" that I can remember is that someone had set the AC unit in my room to "Low Cool" and set the temperature to it's lowest setting. It was probably well below 60F when I walked in. That was easily remedied and the room was very comfortable for the rest of the week.

The grounds at the Millennium are beautiful. A walking / biking / jogging trail runs adjacent to the tennis and basketball courts. The University of Colorado Football practice field is a short walk away. In addition to the trail, the hotel has a nicely equipped exercise room (though the weight lifting station is cramped into one corner and not easily accessed), and a large pool.

The hotel's conference facilities were exceptional and we encountered no problems with the meeting room or the AV equipment. The food was well prepared and quite tasty. Our conference organizer stated that the price was very reasonable as well.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 28, 2008

Yes, the hotel needs updating. But if they spent the millions of dollars required to do so, the price wouldn't be so good. If you don't need to stay in downtown Boulder, I would definitely recommend this place. First, you can take a shuttle from DIA that takes you directly to the hotel ($35 for 2). The Budget car rental is also based in the hotel. The hotel has its own shuttle, which for $8 each way (for all in your party) will take you anywhere within a 5 mile radius of the hotel (which includes 99% of Boulder). If you do drive in, there is a large, free parking lot. Our room was very comfortable, if not modern. Things were clean and spacious. Didn't notice dirty carpets or walls, which I am usually very aware of (forgive the preposition). There is a large indoor pool and spa, plus a workout room with many machines (although a little crowded). The staff was excellent and very helpful when asked questions. We had dinner at the restaurant one night, and it was OK. Came into Boulder for a family event and spent a lot less than everyone else on the room. It's a good deal.

• Liked — Very comfortable and well-priced
  • Disliked — Could use updating
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
San Diego
Reviewed July 15, 2008

This property is badly in need of a makeover. The carpet is dirty and worn in the halls and if you are not in the main building you have a long walk through the halls to get to your room. Although the room was clean, it needs updating as well. Everything from the bedspread to the television looks old and worn. The airconditioning unit under the window is very loud when running. The hotel is located behind a shopping center so the view out my window was of dumpsters at the back of the stores. There was only one of four computers in the lobby working and it was NOT complimentary for hotel guests. I have daughter attending CU in the fall, but I will find another place to stay when visiting.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the worn and tired look of the hotel
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LindahsSanDiego
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 14, 2008

This property is in major need of a makeover. Worn tub, bathroom door deteriorating, worn hallway carpet/paint, outside looks like an old apartment building. Has a wierd configuration, and although stayed in the south wing, had a chance to see another room on the far end that looked out on an alley, which was noisy and dirty. Our room smelled of cigarette smoke, although it was a nonsmoking room. Staff were friendly and helpful, so it's not their fault this is a dump. Next time will choose the Marriott a couple blocks away, because for a little more money, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank John F
New York
Reviewed May 9, 2008

This hotel was fantastic! We had not seen some of these comments before we booked - if we had we might have made another choice. I'm so glad that we picked this place. It's sort of hidden off of the highway but backs up to a creek with a path that runs straight through town. The rooms do need a make-over but everything was in working order and clean which is really all I care about. The front desk staff put us in a creekside room when we checked in and even though we couldn't see the mountains from the lower level, we were able to walk right out into the backyard area. It was beautiful. The staff was really helpful with pointing us in the right direction of great restaurants and there is a shuttle to get you downtown so we didn't even need the car we rented. We would absolutely stay here again and can't wait to come back to Boulder. What a great city!

• Liked — location and staff
  • Disliked — wasn't really anything I didn't like
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends