Millennium Harvest House
Basecamp Boulder(Boulder)(Great Value!)
$252
Courtyard by Marriott Boulder(Boulder)(Great Value!)
$189
Courtyard
$152
Holiday Inn Express Boulder(Boulder)(Great Value!)
$201
$194
Boulder Marriott(Boulder)
$259
$229
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Best Western Plus Boulder Inn(Boulder)(Great Value!)
$298
$268
$223
$170
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
$159
Boulder Adventure Lodge(Boulder)(Great Value!)
$179
$161
$379
Preferred Hotels
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 28, 2013

My corporate travel desk placed me in the Harvest House for 10 nights in Nov 2013. My spidey sense was tingling when I heard the name, as all I could think of was the Harvest House lunch counters attached to Woolworth's. Then I read that the TA reviews that placed it as 22nd out of 22 hotels in Boulder.

First off, I would like to say that I did not encounter one unfriendly employee the whole time I was there. Even the maid left thank you notes for my tip each day. Secondly, the hotel's biggest fault is that it is not brand new. Yes, it is older, but they are doing renovations and trying to improve.

The elevators were quick. The mirrored walls were always clean, but the brass details were scratched and mottled. And certain buttons did not light up when pressed. I thought it was a metaphor for the hotel; we do what we can, but we are not a spring chicken anymore.

My room, on the fifth floor of the main tower, appeared to have been refreshed in the past couple of years. The bed was comfortable, with an array of five pillows from soft to very firm. The room was clean, smelled fresh, and the furniture was in good shape. The window needed some cleaning from the outside. The TV was an older model with a tube, but worked well and offered a decent lineup of channels. The heater was in good shape and was not abnormally loud.

The bathroom was not huge, but adequate. The shower was clean, and the shower head could be adjusted from gentle rain to fire hose. (I like fire hose.) The vent fan failed my toilet paper test: take one square of paper and hold it up to the fan. It if sticks, air is moving well. In this case, the paper fell to the ground. So the fan does nothing. The vanity was quartz, looked new and offered plenty of space.

My room rate included breakfast. My first trip to the breakfast buffet, (not offered everyday), was disappointing. Very basic and sad. I was there shortly after opening and I opened the pan with the bacon and I knew that meat had spent the day on that buffet before. Maybe twice. I went back the next day to take pictures, but it was much better looking. The buffet was still not exciting, but things looked much fresher. Other mornings I ordered from the menu and the food was fine.

The HH has two bars and a restaurant. However, this is the slow season and at night, they only run one bar and serve dinner there. All three outlets are undergoing renovations. I had dinner in the bar three nights and the food was really pretty good. The menu was not huge, but had some variety.

I used the guest laundry. The machines were modern, clean and not overpriced. The laundry was in the "Sporting Wing", which is a good hike from the main wing, and the general shabby appearance of that wing is probably where the poor reviews are coming from.

I told Dan, the bartender, that the hotel seemed to suffer from an identity crisis. The large lobby, the bellmen, the (abandoned) shoe shine chair, two bars and a full service restaurant show that the hotel wants to be a grand property. But the worn and torn cushion on the sofa in the lobby, the mottled brass in the elevator, the relegation of food and beverage to one small bar at night, show that the grandeur has faded. The main tower looks like a hotel, the "Sporting Wing" looks like a motel.

The Harvest House has a great location and attractive grounds. The staff is friendly and professional. The prices seem reasonable (except the buffet at ~$15.) They make a better than average Manhattan. And they are trying to improve the facilities. It will be interesting to see if they do a proper facelift.

Room Tip: avoid the Sporting Wing.
2  Thank John W
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We stayed here while visiting our niece in her first year of college at Boulder. The room was given to us by my sister in law who had to cancel her trip at the last minute. Thank god we were not paying for this horrible room. The elevators were broken except one and there was no signage to inform you of the problem. So we waited at one then another before we finally took the stairs.The halls smelled of stale smoke, the room was dirty with no amenities. No wifi or mini bar. What hotel in this day and age doesn't have an in room Internet connection? The bathroom had a new vanity and sink but the floor, tub and fixtures were outdated and filthy. They actually had the wrong size door on the bathroom and it had been cut out in order to close around the toilet.
We stayed one night because the town was booked and we were too tired after traveling all day.
We chose to drive 45 minutes to Loveland and stay with relatives rather than spend one more second in that

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 20, 2013

This is like staying in a bad late 70s movie. The hotel is clearly dated with poor management. The only reason to stay here is if you are a serious swimmer and need to use the 25 yard 4-lane lap pool which is a bit old, but was empty when I did my morning workout (there are kickboards, pull buoys and a timing clock on the wall). I was shocked that no one had bothered to sweep or rake up the grounds outside the restaurant (piles of leaves everywhere). My room was just okay--with a nice bed, and old TV and a fading bathroom. This hotel needs a complete makeover and seriously new management. Most of the hotel staff that I dealt with were pretty nice. Additionally it is kitty-corner from a mall with simple and healthy restaurants (e.g. Native Foods Cafe and the Mod Cafe). But you can do far better in Boulder.

1  Thank SergeDedina
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Stayed here twice over the course of week for business. Was put in two separate rooms that were both "ok" at first glance, but upon further inspection there were serious flaws. First off, the heat/air unit is almost impossible to get set correctly to make your room comfortable. It's either blasting hot in your room or frigid. There literally is not in between. And the televisions are the old tube style and the picture is pretty bad. The plumbing in the bathroom constantly drips and it's very difficult to get the temperature setting right on the shower. Very frustrating.

The hotel overall is showing it's age. The food in the restaurant for breakfast is decent overall. Some of the food was quite good, other selections were pretty bad.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I too had read the reviews, but stayed there for CU Boulder parents weekend (Oct 2013) as it's walkable to Football. OMFG for $309 per night here's the experience

1.) WiFi. It doesn't work. They say it does. I moved to 3 different rooms finally wound up with a room on the 2nd floor near.. It had signal but would not stay connected with Iphone, IPad nor Macbook Air...and I got the same Apple has thin antenna story. Yeah...it's an Apple problem!!

1A.) There were a bunch of blue ethernet cables hanging from the ceilings in both buildings so I chatted with the installers....they were installing a new wifi system that weekend. When I asked why, they said because the existing system was ancient and couldn't connect with Apple. When I told the desk they should chat with their installers, they took issue with the installers for chatting with me.

1B.) One of the rooms I was moved to had no wi fi and no Cell signal. Again, they were clueless.

2.) Poached eggs. Daughter wanted some as a break from dorm food. We were told we could not order from the menu and had to take the buffet. I'd noticed room service, so I asked the waitress if she could place an order for room service, deliver them there, then I'd bring them to the table from the room. That's what happened (How could I make this up!!??).

3.) Sheets were short. My feet were on the foot of the mattress. All they could do was wrap cloth around the foot of the mattress and tuck it under the sheet.

4.) 3 of 4 business computers were down and could not print my boarding pass...but hey, I was told 1 worked...I'd just have to wait in line!! Half full? Half empty? Like Apple, it's my problem.

5.) Bathroom fan and light DOA

6.) Breakfast was to be included in the package, but I was billed for it. Disputed with desk which took still more time.

You might think I'm upset..not really...great teachable moment for my daughter and great entertainment. Better than some Broadway plays...New title "The Art of Deception". or "Millennial and Clueless".

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Anquka
Michael P, Front Office Manager at Millennium Harvest House, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear Guest

We thank you for taking the time to write to us in regards to your WIFI and restaurant challenges you've experienced during your recent stay at the Millennium Hotel, Boulder. We pride ourselves daily to meet our guests' expectations and have failed to do so in your case.

We sincerely apologize that you had to move three different times for WIFI connectivity and for not being able to order from our breakfast menu. There are no excuses as to why this happened however; your concerns have been heard and sincerely acknowledged in order for us to better serve the needs of our guests in the future.

We are in the process of taking care of our WIFI challenges and should be up and running shortly.

We apologize once again for any inconvenience that you and your family received and we sincerely hope to see you again for future stays.

Sincerely