1,061 results
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 20, 2013

This is like staying in a bad late 70s movie. The hotel is clearly dated with poor management. The only reason to stay here is if you are a serious swimmer and need to use the 25 yard 4-lane lap pool which is a bit old, but was empty when I did my morning workout (there are kickboards, pull buoys and a timing clock on the wall). I was shocked that no one had bothered to sweep or rake up the grounds outside the restaurant (piles of leaves everywhere). My room was just okay--with a nice bed, and old TV and a fading bathroom. This hotel needs a complete makeover and seriously new management. Most of the hotel staff that I dealt with were pretty nice. Additionally it is kitty-corner from a mall with simple and healthy restaurants (e.g. Native Foods Cafe and the Mod Cafe). But you can do far better in Boulder.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SergeDedina
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Stayed here twice over the course of week for business. Was put in two separate rooms that were both "ok" at first glance, but upon further inspection there were serious flaws. First off, the heat/air unit is almost impossible to get set correctly to make your room comfortable. It's either blasting hot in your room or frigid. There literally is not in between. And the televisions are the old tube style and the picture is pretty bad. The plumbing in the bathroom constantly drips and it's very difficult to get the temperature setting right on the shower. Very frustrating.

The hotel overall is showing it's age. The food in the restaurant for breakfast is decent overall. Some of the food was quite good, other selections were pretty bad.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I too had read the reviews, but stayed there for CU Boulder parents weekend (Oct 2013) as it's walkable to Football. OMFG for $309 per night here's the experience

1.) WiFi. It doesn't work. They say it does. I moved to 3 different rooms finally wound up with a room on the 2nd floor near.. It had signal but would not stay connected with Iphone, IPad nor Macbook Air...and I got the same Apple has thin antenna story. Yeah...it's an Apple problem!!

1A.) There were a bunch of blue ethernet cables hanging from the ceilings in both buildings so I chatted with the installers....they were installing a new wifi system that weekend. When I asked why, they said because the existing system was ancient and couldn't connect with Apple. When I told the desk they should chat with their installers, they took issue with the installers for chatting with me.

1B.) One of the rooms I was moved to had no wi fi and no Cell signal. Again, they were clueless.

2.) Poached eggs. Daughter wanted some as a break from dorm food. We were told we could not order from the menu and had to take the buffet. I'd noticed room service, so I asked the waitress if she could place an order for room service, deliver them there, then I'd bring them to the table from the room. That's what happened (How could I make this up!!??).

3.) Sheets were short. My feet were on the foot of the mattress. All they could do was wrap cloth around the foot of the mattress and tuck it under the sheet.

4.) 3 of 4 business computers were down and could not print my boarding pass...but hey, I was told 1 worked...I'd just have to wait in line!! Half full? Half empty? Like Apple, it's my problem.

5.) Bathroom fan and light DOA

6.) Breakfast was to be included in the package, but I was billed for it. Disputed with desk which took still more time.

You might think I'm upset..not really...great teachable moment for my daughter and great entertainment. Better than some Broadway plays...New title "The Art of Deception". or "Millennial and Clueless".

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Anquka
Michael P, Front Office Manager at Millennium Harvest House, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear Guest

We thank you for taking the time to write to us in regards to your WIFI and restaurant challenges you've experienced during your recent stay at the Millennium Hotel, Boulder. We pride ourselves daily to meet our guests' expectations and have failed to do so in your case.

We sincerely apologize that you had to move three different times for WIFI connectivity and for not being able to order from our breakfast menu. There are no excuses as to why this happened however; your concerns have been heard and sincerely acknowledged in order for us to better serve the needs of our guests in the future.

We are in the process of taking care of our WIFI challenges and should be up and running shortly.

We apologize once again for any inconvenience that you and your family received and we sincerely hope to see you again for future stays.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Checked in yesterday. We read the poor reviews, but decided to stay here anyway only because if it's prime location adjacent to the CU Boulder campus where our daughter attends school.

Great location, but that's it. Our room is in the back building, not the main one. There are 2 elevators, one is out of service. When we arrived, there was a dirty room service tray outside our door. Several hours later it was still there. We called and they said they only have one person who picks them up. (I wondered if rodents would find the tray first)

They advertise wifi, but no signal in our room. I called the front desk and they asked if I was using an iPhone or iPad, I answered yes. They then tried to explain that iPhones and iPads have very tiny antennas so they won't be able to pick up the wifi signal in some places. Huh? Apple is the problem, not the hotel?

The room is clean, but dated. Old tv, not HD. Bathroom small but functional.

My expectations were pretty low, and this place has met them. But it's a great location if visiting the university.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank 146
Michael P, Front Office Manager at Millennium Harvest House, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear Guest

We have received your comments informing us of your disappointing stay at the Millennium Hotel in Boulder.

We sincerely apologize for the inoperable elevator, lack of wifi and the uncollected food trays in the hallway. Regrettably, we did not provide you with the service standards you expected and deserved. We have sinced increased our levels of service to better accommodate our guests in the future.

We are also happy to inform you that we are in the process of upgrading our guestroom wifi and replacing the old TV's with LED's.

Please reconsider staying with us as we would love the opportunity to serve you better the next time you visit your daughter in Boulder.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

After making my reservation and then reading reviews of this place I was a little nervous. If I had read the reviews first I would have chosen a different location. We arrived the day of the rain/flooding and the first floor was evacuated, The staff was very friendly and helpful, no problems there. They did their best to ensure everyone was safe and were very accomodating to our needs. The building itself is as previously reviewed so no point commenting on that. It wasn't as bad as I was expecting, but previous reviews are spot on. Renovations should be the next priority. The airconditioner worked well and had no functional problems related to the room. The Safeway next door was a nice convienence and the location of the hotel was good too. The outdoor grounds were covered in water and mud so I can't comment on that, All in all, not a bad experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Frails

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments during your recent visit to the Millennium Hotel in Boulder. We would like to thank you for your appreciative comments regarding our helpful and friendly staff during the Boulder floods. We take pride in knowing our staff did their best to ensure our guests were safe and their needs were taken care of during this trying time for all of us.

We are happy to inform you that we have started our hotel renovation. we are currently redoing the porte-co·chère leading to our front entryway, installing new guestroom televisions and in the process of renovating our lobby bathrooms. Additional projects involving the main tower guestrooms are slated for renovation as well. The renovations may not occur similtaneously but definately slated for completion shortly.

Please visit us again to see our ongoing changes when you are in the area. .