I too had read the reviews, but stayed there for CU Boulder parents weekend (Oct 2013) as it's walkable to Football. OMFG for $309 per night here's the experience
1.) WiFi. It doesn't work. They say it does. I moved to 3 different rooms finally wound up with a room on the 2nd floor near.. It had signal but would not stay connected with Iphone, IPad nor Macbook Air...and I got the same Apple has thin antenna story. Yeah...it's an Apple problem!!
1A.) There were a bunch of blue ethernet cables hanging from the ceilings in both buildings so I chatted with the installers....they were installing a new wifi system that weekend. When I asked why, they said because the existing system was ancient and couldn't connect with Apple. When I told the desk they should chat with their installers, they took issue with the installers for chatting with me.
1B.) One of the rooms I was moved to had no wi fi and no Cell signal. Again, they were clueless.
2.) Poached eggs. Daughter wanted some as a break from dorm food. We were told we could not order from the menu and had to take the buffet. I'd noticed room service, so I asked the waitress if she could place an order for room service, deliver them there, then I'd bring them to the table from the room. That's what happened (How could I make this up!!??).
3.) Sheets were short. My feet were on the foot of the mattress. All they could do was wrap cloth around the foot of the mattress and tuck it under the sheet.
4.) 3 of 4 business computers were down and could not print my boarding pass...but hey, I was told 1 worked...I'd just have to wait in line!! Half full? Half empty? Like Apple, it's my problem.
5.) Bathroom fan and light DOA
6.) Breakfast was to be included in the package, but I was billed for it. Disputed with desk which took still more time.
You might think I'm upset..not really...great teachable moment for my daughter and great entertainment. Better than some Broadway plays...New title "The Art of Deception". or "Millennial and Clueless".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resort atmosphere featuring 16 acres of grounds, indoor/outdoor tennis courts, sand volleyball courts, and a fully-equipped business center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Agoda, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Millennium Harvest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millennium Harvest House Hotel Boulder
- Millennium Harvest Hotel
- Millennium Harvest Boulder