1,061 results
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Perhaps because the choice of hotels in Boulder is limited, this hotel should have been renovated many years ago. My family booked 5 rooms for a night. We each had our own problems regarding fees for internet, locating our rooms with lack of helpful advice from hotel staff, variable advice on breakfast menu and availability, pool and hot tub stated to be out of order "from the flood." but looked like that was the most current excuse for poor maintenance. Over all, very disappointing experience after a wonderful weekend at Comfort Suites of Evergreen. Live and learn....Pearl Street in Boulder and Under the Sun Restaurant in Boulder were highlights of our visit.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Mary T
Michael P, Front Office Manager at Millennium Harvest House, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your disappointing experience at the Millennum Harvest House in Boulder during your recent visit.

Please know that we value your feedback and there is no excuse for the lack of service and wifi you've experienced.

We are happy to inform you that our hotel is undergoing a complete overall to our guestroom wifi and once completed, hoping that our wifi challenges will be resolved.
Out outdoor pool and hot tub heaters were damaged during the flood and heavy rains. We are looking to repair them shortly.

Thank you for your comments and we hope you afford us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I reserved a room with a view. I was put in a first floor room with a view of the parking lot - which required walking down multiple curved hallways until I finally got to the "sporting wing." My room was never serviced the first night, meaning the take out I had ordered now permeated the entire room. The dining room offered imitation cajun food only. Seriously just 5 entrees to choose from. Most upsetting, however, was my trip on the hotel shuttle. I was picked up on CU Boulder campus. The teen driver went so fast over the speed bump that I flew off the back seat a good six inches, landing with a shooting pain up my hip and into my neck. When I spoke with the manager, she apologized and said she would speak with the driver. That's it. No offer to upgrade my room. No offer of motrin. Not even a discount to the onsite massage service. Nada. Nothing. Just "we're sorry." This hotel is not Millenium Quality. It's more Motel 6. Will never stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Michael P, Front Office Manager at Millennium Harvest House, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent stay at the Millennium Hotel in Boulder during your recent trip to Boulder.

We apologize for the inconvenience you've experienced regarding the marginal internet service you received throughout your stay.

We are pleased to inform you that we are doing the necessary internet and wifi upgrades to our guestrooms and it should be restored shortly The Boulder floods were a trying time for all in the area, especially since we're situated along the Boulder creek. We did sustain water damage during the flood however; our staff did an outstanding job to keep our guests safe and out of harm's way. Thank you for your staff recognition. We appreciate it.

We hope you afford us the opportunity to better serve you, under better circumstances the next time you in our area again.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

This property has very nice grounds directly adjacent to Boulder Creek. Relatively convenient to access restaurants, bars, and other services. However, it is long overdue for substantial renovation. Here for a week, unfortunately during the major rainstorm and flooding. Water leaking from everywhere and staff challenged to keep guests safe and afloat. Wide variation in reports of room cleanliness but mine was actually decent with no major flaws. HVAC worked, water pressure fine, plenty of clean towels. Did not want to pay for what was reported to be marginal internet, so forced to use cell for connectivity. I found some staff, especially Dan in the bar, to be concerned for guests and striving to provide good service in a difficult situation. Shuttle service charges a $10 flat rate, so if you have a group it can work out well, but complementary might be more appropriate.

Perhaps the flooding will precipitate needed renovations. Until then I would look elsewhere.

1  Thank tandemcha
Michael P, Front Office Manager at Millennium Harvest House, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Guest

thank you for your recent stay at the Millennium Harvest House in Boulder. We would like to thank you for your kind remarks about our friendly and efficient staff. The Boulder floods were a trying time for all of us and we did experience internet connectivity issues and water damage during this time.

Regrettably, we do charge a $10.00 shuttle service rate, unless it's negotiated into a group rate, then it would be complimentary. We appreciate your feedback and hope to have you lodge with us again under better circumstances.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Recently, we had some last minute changes (one week) for my daughter's wedding due to the flooding in Lyons, Colorado. The Millennium Harvest House in Boulder was by far the MOST accommodating and helpful in securing room blocks for the wedding guests at a week's notice, AND they gave us the same wedding block room rates had we planned it out months in advance. The entire staff was friendly, helpful and willing to make sure all of our guests were taken care of promptly and courteously. Also, we had a Farewell Brunch planned in advance the day after the wedding for out of town guests and the bridal party. It was to be held outdoors in the Firepit area. Five days before the brunch, the Firepit area was under inches of debris and mud from the Boulder Creek flooding. Three days before the brunch the Firepit area looked fabulous. All the dirt, mud and debris were gone and someone would have never believed that it had been flooded with dirt and water. Our Farewell Brunch was held in the Firepit area and it was simply beautiful. The set up, food and courteous service were all awesome and wonderful. Kudos to ALL the staff in securing the rooms, setting up and hosting the brunch and for all their hard works and efforts at such a late notice due to the weather.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mlamp2013
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I am not even sure where to start with what went wrong when I booked the Millennium for an event I was planning. First of all the hotel is shabby at every turn. I can live with a little need for restoration, but what is worse is the ineptness of staff who don't really seem to care about their guests.

1. Obviously no one was assigned to watch for the needs of the conference I was putting on, so by Sunday morning we were out of toilet paper in the ladies room across from the main ballroom where the event was being held. Also the hotel does not have adequate handicap bathroom facilities.

2. At 5:30 Friday evening, there was no "signage" in the lobby as promised and no one to fix the problem.

3. The speakers in one quarter of the ballroom did not work.

4. Some bone head allowed for a live band Friday night right under the windows of the ballroom where my conference was being held. With a large conference, it should have been obvious that a live band wasn't a wise idea if it was going to be placed right under the windows of the conference room. It made it difficult to hear the speaker on Friday night.

5. With regard to my room: On Friday night (actually Saturday morning) I called security at 1:45 am to report college kids running in the hallway and having a party. They partied until 3:30, loudly. I got about three hours of sleep which made my job on Saturday harder than it needed to be. On Saturday night, I had to move my room because of the escalating party next door. Yay, and I got to pay your for all this and the hotel didn't even offer to discount the room after I'd been driven out by noise.

6. Even though I had arranged several times for my speaker's lunch to be delivered to his room at noon and waiting for him--no one did that and no one called me to tell me there was a problem. I still don't know what happened. But this just consistent with my overall experience of the hotel.

7. Everything in the hotel is kind of shabby. That I can live with. What is worse, however is a staff untrained to be in service to the customer or truly care about excellence.

Believe it or not I could actually go on, but I don't really want to revisit it. Having complained to the hotel about my issues, I was actually invited by them to post a review on trip advisor.com. I guess that they really want me to share my experience. I am producing similar events in 2014, but I promise you I will not be returning to the Millennium hotel. They have some nice people working there...unfortunately no one seems to be able to get anything done.

If you are planning an event, don't plan it here! Warning!!! If you need a room, you are better off at almost any other hotel in Boulder. The inefficiency, in-activeness and an infectious impotence plagues The Millennium.

And the food is not too good either.

2  Thank StephR294