“EXCELLENT SERVICE AND STAFF”

Millennium Harvest House
Ranked #20 of 20 Hotels in Boulder
Copley, Ohio
“EXCELLENT SERVICE AND STAFF”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Recently, we had some last minute changes (one week) for my daughter's wedding due to the flooding in Lyons, Colorado. The Millennium Harvest House in Boulder was by far the MOST accommodating and helpful in securing room blocks for the wedding guests at a week's notice, AND they gave us the same wedding block room rates had we planned it out months in advance. The entire staff was friendly, helpful and willing to make sure all of our guests were taken care of promptly and courteously. Also, we had a Farewell Brunch planned in advance the day after the wedding for out of town guests and the bridal party. It was to be held outdoors in the Firepit area. Five days before the brunch, the Firepit area was under inches of debris and mud from the Boulder Creek flooding. Three days before the brunch the Firepit area looked fabulous. All the dirt, mud and debris were gone and someone would have never believed that it had been flooded with dirt and water. Our Farewell Brunch was held in the Firepit area and it was simply beautiful. The set up, food and courteous service were all awesome and wonderful. Kudos to ALL the staff in securing the rooms, setting up and hosting the brunch and for all their hard works and efforts at such a late notice due to the weather.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mlamp2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Ashland, Oregon
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I am not even sure where to start with what went wrong when I booked the Millennium for an event I was planning. First of all the hotel is shabby at every turn. I can live with a little need for restoration, but what is worse is the ineptness of staff who don't really seem to care about their guests.

1. Obviously no one was assigned to watch for the needs of the conference I was putting on, so by Sunday morning we were out of toilet paper in the ladies room across from the main ballroom where the event was being held. Also the hotel does not have adequate handicap bathroom facilities.

2. At 5:30 Friday evening, there was no "signage" in the lobby as promised and no one to fix the problem.

3. The speakers in one quarter of the ballroom did not work.

4. Some bone head allowed for a live band Friday night right under the windows of the ballroom where my conference was being held. With a large conference, it should have been obvious that a live band wasn't a wise idea if it was going to be placed right under the windows of the conference room. It made it difficult to hear the speaker on Friday night.

5. With regard to my room: On Friday night (actually Saturday morning) I called security at 1:45 am to report college kids running in the hallway and having a party. They partied until 3:30, loudly. I got about three hours of sleep which made my job on Saturday harder than it needed to be. On Saturday night, I had to move my room because of the escalating party next door. Yay, and I got to pay your for all this and the hotel didn't even offer to discount the room after I'd been driven out by noise.

6. Even though I had arranged several times for my speaker's lunch to be delivered to his room at noon and waiting for him--no one did that and no one called me to tell me there was a problem. I still don't know what happened. But this just consistent with my overall experience of the hotel.

7. Everything in the hotel is kind of shabby. That I can live with. What is worse, however is a staff untrained to be in service to the customer or truly care about excellence.

Believe it or not I could actually go on, but I don't really want to revisit it. Having complained to the hotel about my issues, I was actually invited by them to post a review on trip advisor.com. I guess that they really want me to share my experience. I am producing similar events in 2014, but I promise you I will not be returning to the Millennium hotel. They have some nice people working there...unfortunately no one seems to be able to get anything done.

If you are planning an event, don't plan it here! Warning!!! If you need a room, you are better off at almost any other hotel in Boulder. The inefficiency, in-activeness and an infectious impotence plagues The Millennium.

And the food is not too good either.

2 Thank StephR294

Travelers are raving about these Boulder hotels

Machiasport, Maine
Reviewed September 21, 2013

People arriving in time to check in (after 3 pm) were unable to go to their rooms because housecleaning did not have them prepared!! People, including me, pulled out clothes from our suitcases to change into in the public bathroom and left to find somewhere to go for several hours. I had been traveling for 12 hours to get there. Dirty marked walls and stained bedroom carpets, a woman opposite me had a broken lock so her card key didn't fit in her door, understaffed front desk, broken elevator, pay $10/day to use internet, no free continental breakfast, one vending machine that didn't take bills, long long walks through meandering corridors to get to the "Sports" section of the building where my room was. Overall my advice: DON"T COME HERE. There are several better hotels in Boulder that are clean and decent with expected internet and food availability. This one really is very poor.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I'd rather have been in a tent than our room for the weekend. Initially, we were given a room on the 4th Floor and the smell of smoke in hall and room was appalling. The resolution to that was staff showing up with a spray bottle. We were given another room and smoking odor was replaced by a musty stale scent. On top of that, the walls had black scratch marks all over them that we wondered why they have never been cleaned. One friend who stayed on the 4th Floor and was not moved caught allergies, and we had to turn the air full on to avoid any smells in our room. The outdoors would have been better than this room, the only redeeming quality about the whole place is its location.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Michael P, Front Office Manager at Millennium Harvest House, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Guest

we apologize for your experience during your recent visit to the Millennium Hotel, Boulder. your comments have been duly noted regarding the challenges you were faced with. Please know this is not what we strive for on a daily basis to meet our guests' expectations.

Thank you again for bringing your grievances to our attention. We will work diligently to correct our shortcomings and to ensure your next stay with us is a positive one.

Sincerely
Montrose
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I bet this hotel was great at one time. Very tired looking now. Old carpet in halls and rooms. When we first checked in, the lobby looked fine. Then going to our room we were really worried on what we had gotten ourselves into.The halls and walls were dirty and old looking. Our room was not too bad, but not great. I think they get business because they do a lot of conferences there. You could do better by staying somewhere else and ride your bike or drive. The main bike path is right behind the hotel.

1 Thank kellimcmontrose
Dear Guest

We thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Millennium Hotel, Boulder concerning our hallways and walls on your way to your guestroom.

We are happy to inform you that the hotel is slated to undergo a renovation of the porte-co·chère, lobby, bathrooms and main tower in the near future. We we value your patronage and would like to have you back again should your travels bring you to the Boulder area again.

Sincerely
NYC
Reviewed September 15, 2013

this hotel has 3 of my 4 "musts": windows that open, comfortable desk chair, enough space to do situps in room. It charges for internet, which is a minus. The garden outside is pretty nice, as is its proximity to Boulder Creek - on which there is a nice stroll downtown. The property sits behind a Safeway on a strip mall, which is weird - but at least one can walk to stores. The common rooms do need to be updated, and many ceilings were leaking when we visited. The staff is nice enough.

Room Tip: get a room on the 2nd floor with a balcony
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed September 8, 2013

This hotel must have been something once upon the time but it no longer is I am afraid. I stayed there about a month ago for five day so I had an opportunity to truly experience it. I've stayed in the back building, which was just bad. Forst to walk there from outside you had to pass by the garbage area where the smell was so vile I literally wanted to vomit every time I walked through there. I don't know who thought about putting trash bins so close to the entrance but it was a very bad idea. My room was ok, big and comfortable but the hallway to get through my room was just nasty. Carpets were dirty, walls unpainted and it simply looked gloomy. We had our advisory board members stayin ther eand it was quite embarassing.

What I really liked was the huge swimming pool. I went for a swim every morning and that was great. Breakfast was nice as well. Unfortunately, tho, the fornt desk staff wasn't very nice and helpful. I've called several tmes needing something and they were dismissive and completely unhelpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business