“Gross”

Millennium Harvest House
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Boulder
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed July 2013.
It took a while to find my room. I had to go back and forth past the meeting rooms before I found it. Not a big deal, but when I went in to go to the bathroom, I got up totally soaking wet. Who can possibly clean a toilet by drenching it in liquid? I was so disgusted, I had to immediately jump in the shower before I could do anything else. I'm STILL wondering what they did. Did they immerse a cloth in the toilet and then rub it all over the toilet seat? I can't imagine why it would be so wet. And the maid was NOT just leaving my room when I got there.
Also, my sister and brother-in-law, staying in another room, had someone from staff barge into their room while my brother-in-law was going to the bathroom! No knocking.
When I checked in, I asked if there was a AAA discount, and he said, "Yes, there is one, but it's too late." Hmmm. My sister's room wasn't at all what they asked for, and when they switched rooms for them, it looked like an old conference room.

I was very uncomfortable staying there and couldn't wait to leave and take a proper shower.

1  Thank Heather R
Michael P, Front Office Manager at Millennium Harvest House, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear Guests

Please accept our sincere apologies for the lack of service and cleanliness you received at the Millennium Harvest House, Boulder.

This is certainly not the type of service we strive to impart to our guests and for this we are truly sorry. Your comments are duly noted and will definately be utilized as a training tool to further assist our staff with training procedures.

Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced during your stay.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Just too many issues. We stayed there on two separate nights during a single trip, so had the opportunity to experience both wings of the hotel. The "Sporty" wing is incredible rough with rooms that show their age with decrepit furniture, depressing bathroom and ancient television. The new wing is an improvement, but still not nice. Our sheets were so thread-bare that they had a tear. Staff was nice, but lacked any useful knowledge on Boulder or the surrounding area. Nice pool, but we were invaded by a tennis summer camp with a dozen screaming kids. Also, frustrating is the constant nickle and dime crap - $10 to use their shuttle, $20 for bike rental.... Only redeeming quality is the GREAT location and beautiful grounds.

Room Tip: Do NOT stay in the "Sporty" wing.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brett H
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Did not get the room as described when I reserved! Front desk didn't care, said no one can guarantee what the room will be ( supposed to have a balcony) . $139 first night, 260. Second night! Wanted a special hotel-spent the money-because I was bringing my son to college-wanted a memorable time for him-wrong kind of memories. It is a motel 6 but not as nice. Believe the reviews-worst hotel I've stayed in!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Sbird2013
Michael P, Front Office Manager at Millennium Harvest House, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Guest

We are in reciept of your feedback with regards to the challenges you had while you and your guests were staying with us during your wedding.

Please allow us once again to apologize for the poor experience you’ve had from the time of your arrival to the time of departure. The lack of service and problem resolution are by no means a standard we adhere to and strive for. We am truly sorry! We have shared your grievances with our team and have implemented additional training specifically in the areas of Exceptional Customer Service and Problem Resolution and Service Recovery.

We know this does not change your experience but we hope you feel confident that we have listened to your concerns and have taken the necessary steps to ensure this does not happen again.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I choose to have my guests stay at the Millennium while they were in town for my wedding. Most of our guests were from out of town, and my wedding block had almost 50 rooms booked. While I had an amazing wedding, I cannot say the same about my experience at the Millennium. It started off with my mom not getting the room she had requested and been assured that she would get when we came out in November to look at it. My grandmother is almost 90 years old and getting her all the way from Iowa to Boulder was a big deal. My mom wanted to make sure that she had her own bed, so we went to the hotel while she was in town over Thanksgiving. The staff assured her she would have a room with a double bed and even SHOWED her what the room would look like. I think that it made things even worse when she, myself, and my sister were all treated very rudely the girl at the front desk. I worked for The Sheraton for 5 years, and when a guest is unhappy (especially the mother of a bride who is bringing a huge amount of business), you make it right. Even if you don't have a double room available, you make it right by offering other options, offering a discount, offering a bottle of champaign....whatever it takes. I will say that Michelle (I can't remember her last name) did help that situation by calling us that night (on the 4th of July) to make sure that my other guests wouldn't have the same problems, so that I VERY MUCH appreciate.
Here were some other issues we had:
1. There was HUGE spider that was in the presidential suite. By huge I'm talking bigger than a quarter and furry.
2. Not only was there a huge spider, there were also ants all over the bathroom off the seating area in the presidential suite.
3. The tub did not drain properly in the bathroom off of the bedroom in the presidential suite.....for 300 dollars a night, I would expect it to be in a little better shape, and I would also not expect to have insects crawling all over it.
4. Multiple guests said that they did not receive the gift bags that we had prepared for them. Including my sister-in-law and 2 of our groomsmen. Not only did we spend time and money on the bags, more importantly, it included important information pertaining to our transportation for the big day.
5. Many, many, many people told me that they did not get the discounted rate at checkout, so they had to go down to the front desk to fix it. It makes me wonder how many people didn't notice that it was not the right rate.
6. My aunt had water dripping on her from the shower above her, which is totally disgusting.
7. I emailed virtually this same email to two people I had been working with to book my block of rooms (I don't want to name names) and sent them virtually this same email. NO RESPONSE! To top it off, I got a letter in the mail from one of them asking me to keep them in mind for any other events I might plan down the road. I felt that was a huge slap in the face! You can send me a letter in the mail, but you can't respond to my email???

For those of you who may think I am a bridezilla, I assure you I am not. I am going to write GLOWING reviews on YELP for my other vendors, which include: The Boulder Country Club, Greenwood Floral, Erin Ferris (hair) who works for Tonot salons, Emily who woks for Simply Moore (makeup), Happy Cakes who did my cupcakes, Rockn' Roger (DJ), and Dan Davis with Trekker Photography. All of those people/places were AMAZING!!!!!!

Like I said earlier, Michelle was fabulous. We also had some good shuttle service. Other than that, I am pretty disappointed and a little embarrassed that we had our guests stay at the Millennium.

1  Thank Caitie M
Michael P, Front Office Manager at Millennium Harvest House, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to proivde us with feedback. We acknowledge your concerns experienced at the Millennium Harvest House, Boulder and was definately concerned to hear about the litany of challenges you’ve experienced at the Millenium Harvest House, Boulder.

A hotel is defined by the service it provides to its guests and it appears in your case,
we have neglected to meet the quality of standards we strive for daily. We want you
to know that your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.
It gives us the opportunity to gauge what we do right and reverse that which we don’t do well.

We are truly sorry for your experience and hope you would afford us the opportunity to better server you in the future.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We reserved 2 queen beds, a balcony, and a view of mountains, garden, walking path. We got a room with one double overlooking the parking lot with no balcony. We were not told when we checked in, and when I called from the room, I was told it was "a free upgrade". We did get upgraded to a view, with a double plus a pullout couch. Another in our party found the toilet seat sopping wet. Someone barged into our room claiming there was a claim that the room wasn't clean. When we got home, there was a charge that was not on our bill when we checked out, and we received no discount for having a lesser room than what we reserved.

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback letting us know of your disappointing stay at the Millennium Harvest House, Boulder.

We express regret for the challenges you've had with the reservation of your room type and houseekeeping challenges. Comments such as yours, let us know how we are doing and utilized to implemment additional training specifically in the areas you found lacking.

We know this does not change your experience you've had with us however; we can assure that we have taken the necessary steps to ensure this does not happen again.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

My family checked in for a wedding close by and were put in the sports wing. When we finally arrived at our rooms after going down various dark, smelly hallways we were very, very disappointed. As a meeting planner I go to hotels all over and was so upset with this one. We paid well over $100 for the rooms and the carpet was so dirty I would not let my grandchildren run around barefoot. The closet doors would not open. The internet cost, a rollaway cost. My coffee pot did not work and after a cold shower (not my choice) I went to the other room for coffee. Had to plug in the pot and sparks came out of the socket. All in all, I would never go there again. The only up side was I spoke with a manager and they did comp one of our rooms after my discussion with her. She was very apologetic but did not know when they would get an upgrade which is desperately needed. Do not be fooled by the good looking website.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We've already commented on our stay in July. When we returned home I notice they'd charged us for the breakfast on the day of departure when we had already been told it was free. I phoned the hotel and they admitted it was an error, fair enough honest mistake. But the guy at the front desk say he would credit the $29, when the charge was $31 and change. Asked why he was not crediting the full amount he said the limit was $29 and the extra had to be paid. This never was explained and they seem to be making the rules up as they go along. They were supposed to email the bill as it was unreadable due to them running out of ink in the printer. So this hotel appears to be operating a number of scams ranging from say something is free and then charging, also setting a limit on what is free and not being fully and up-front about the terms.
Given this and the average standard of the hotel we are downgrading our Assessment of the hotel reflecting the complete and we would encourage guests to check their bill.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple