“Will pass on it next time!”

Millennium Harvest House
Ranked #20 of 20 Hotels in Boulder
Orange County, California
“Will pass on it next time!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Hotel is in poor condition, both inside and outside. Had the worst night, was up all night due to the loud ac, which was supposed to have been repaired, however, no one ever showed. Rooms are loud, you can hear it all, and carpets are not very clean. Uncomfortable bed, and poor customer service. The breakfast place was not the greatest either. Bad service, no hospitality, nothing great at all.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Michael P, Front Office Manager at Millennium Harvest House, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Guest

On behalf of the Millennium Hotel, Boulder please accept our apologies for your unpleasant stay during your recent visit.

We strive to ensure our patrons experience the best visits possible during their travels and we fell short of our goal. Please know that we have taken your comments seriously and assure you we are doing something about it.

We are happy to inform you that we are making strides to upgrade our rooms including the air conditioning units. We hope you afford us the opportunity to lodge with us again in the future to witness the changes we are providing for our guests.

Sincerely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I arrived tired and weary, and at first they had trouble finding my booking. when they booked me, the electricity didn't work in the room - I rung the desk and got the young female on duty - she told me the manager wasn't available until morning - the manager I found out was working with and was at the time outside the facility.... they refused to fix the problem, refused to change my room so they took my money, and the service was disgraceful - the electricity is obvious I fire hazard - they didn't care I did not have electricity while staying overnight. DO NOT GO THERE IF YOU EXPECT GOOD AMERICAN SERVICE!

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank starttrip

Travelers are raving about these Boulder hotels

Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Great location and near shopping center.
Meeting rooms were good..
Internet connection from the room may not work from some room. My room was very small but internet connection worked. Lunch in the garden is great.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
lakewood, co
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We recently spent one night at the Harvest House, en route to Estes Park. The amazing location on Boulder Creek, plenty of outdoor space for the kids to play on the lawn and the pools were a HUGE draw for us. I've spent hundreds of nights in hotels around the world (for work and pleasure); I spent most of our stay wondering, "what happened to this place? how could corporate and the management let this happen to such a gem?" Upon arrival, we chose to upgrade to a western facing room for $30. It was worth it, as the eastern facing rooms didn't appear to have any type of window that opens and the fresh Boulder air is lovely in the evenings and mornings. No roll away bed was available, even though we checked in early; we were told that all of them were pre-reserved for other arriving guests. To have a mini fridge delivered to our room, a $10 fee would be charged. Wi-Fi would have been an additional charge as well. The kids froze in the outdoor pool and hot tub; the heaters were down for the previous week+. A shame... we headed to the indoor lap pool which was more comfortable. Even though we were there on a busy Friday afternoon, there was no staff assigned to the pool for food service. Everyone had to walk into the hotel lobby and order from the coffee bar or use room service. The $5 kids meals were good, but only available until 4p when the coffee shop closed. Trying to get lids for the kids drinks, so that we wouldn't spill them en route to the pool, seemed to be a major inconvenience for the bartender in the sports bar. Roll ups (silverware) were also not readily available. The fitness room was a huge disappointment, very dated, no windows/view. Upstairs, the room we stayed in was very dated. The linens and bedding were newer, but everything else looked like it hadn't been updated in decades. The cable channels were very limited; a frustration when you have children and no family friendly channels are available. We ate at the outdoor terrace for dinner. Very decent Cajun food, but the pricing, even for a hotel was excessive ($115 for 2 adults, 2 kids, 4 drinks). If you can get a rate at / around $110, maybe this property would be worth your money. We, however, will be hard pressed to stay at this hotel again until much needed improvements are made.

Room Tip: if you want any view of the mountains, an upgrade charge will be involved. I wouldn't recommend...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Please accept our apology for the unsatisfactory stay you had at the Millennium Harvest House, Boulder. We continuously strive to impart the importance of creating a gratifying sense of arrival experience for all of our guests. We have failed to convey this to you at your recent stay during a visit to Boulder.

We are aware our property needs updating and it is a work in progress. We are happy to inform you that we are getting new flat screen TV's and that our property will undergo a partial refurbishment shortly. So please come back and see us again in the near future to see how we are doing.

We certainly take pride in serving our guests and appreciate you affording us another opportunity to stay with us.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stayed at the Harvest House for a night on a recent business trip to Boulder. I was put up there by the organization I was visiting, given its convenient location and the fact that they get a discount rate. Having stayed there off and on in the past, I 'know' this hotel. It was clean, friendly staff, and the two things I like most - great indoor swimming pool for lap swimming and a location adjacent to the Trail along Boulder Creek. It certainly could use some updating.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us at the Milllennium Harvest House, Boulder during your recent trip to Boulder.

Your feedback is important to us to let us know how we are doing. Yes, you are correct in noticing that that our hotel sits on 16 acres of beautiful landscape with the boulder creek path running through it and we are fortunate to have it. thank you for commenting on our friendly staff too.

We thank you for your continued support and look forward to having you with us again in the future.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is the worst Millennium I've stayed at. Not only is the building dilapidated, but we got stuck in the elevator 3 times. We had to pry the door open. The ceilings are too low, the beds are horrible, and the a/c is both loud and ineffective. There's no ventilation in the tiny bathroom. No HDTV. Balcony looks onto a roof and is loud due to the industrial a/c directly below. Staff recommendations for restaurants were terrible and should not be taken seriously. They should be ashamed to charge as much as they do. It should be torn down and rebuilt.

• Stayed June 2013
Michael P, Front Office Manager at Millennium Harvest House, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback during your recent visit to the Millennium Harvest House, Boulder.
Comments, such as yours are an integral part of listening to our guests' needs. It allows us to continue what we do well and reverse that which we do not.

Your comments regarding the service you found lacking in the restaurant have been addressed and used as a training tool for improved services.

We continue to make upgrades to our property as we've done with our hotel lobby, sports bar and now happy to mention, currently working on our parking facility. These are steps we are taking in a positive direction and continue to make strides as we go along.

We sincerely hope you afford us another opportunity to serve you better the next time you're in the Boulder area again. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Having made a prepaid non-refundable reservation I arrived at the hotel to be told that it was not on the system yet and they could not let me into the room. They did admit that it was a real reservation when I produced the printed confirmation and it was made on the Millennium website not a third party system, but they still would not give me access until it appeared on their system. I left for dinner and returned three hours later only to hear the same story. It was nearing 9 PM so I became more demanding and asked to see the manager because we now had what I called "a serious problem". After giving them my credit card for a second reservation they gave me a room and said they would contact someone to work on the system.

As other reviews have stated the rooms are very tired, worn out and kind of dirty. I would not stay there again just for that reason.

In the morning they still could not find my reservation and wanted me to wait until the assistant manager arrived. Then they wanted me to wait until the reservation manager arrived. By 10 AM they had found the actual prepaid uncancellable reservation on their system but told me they did not process a charge against my credit card, even thought I had a receipt to prove otherwise. So they processed another charge against my card and their assurance the first charge would not go through. I also insisted they provide me with a letter stating I stayed only one night and should a second charge appear they would immediately reverse it. By the time I left the hotel it was 10:30, 2.5 hours later than I had wanted. In total their inability to deal with their own reservation system caused me 5.5 hours of inconvenience. I have asked for a credit for the inconvenience, they said they would think about it. Clearly not a property that doesn't know how to look after guests.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Michael P, Front Office Manager at Millennium Harvest House, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Guest

Please accept our sincere apologies for the mishandling of your recent reservation. Clearly your reservation was not handled efficiently and your check in process should have been expedited regardless of our computer challenges preceding your arrival.

It is unacceptable for the delay and the inconvenience you've experienced at check in. Please know we are grateful for the feedback you have provided and can assure your comments will be used as a training resource to help us eliminate challenges the ones you have experienced.

We have written you an additioanl letter to address your concerns and hope we have handled your concerns efficiently. We hope to see you lodge with us again should your travels bring you to the Boulder area again.