“Only good thing was the linens”

Millennium Harvest House
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Boulder
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Would never recommend this hotel. It is outdated. There was a huge hole in ceiling in hall, furniture that was banged up, poor lighting, popcorn ceilings, broken tiles in bathroom, room a/c that went off and on all night. Water for sale in room. $5.00 for small bottle. Very old clunky Zenith TV. Millennium Hotels should take their name off this hotel. Three stars a total joke!!!!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 31, 2012

we got the room as a secret hotel deal so it was cheap but since we had booked on a website we were not allowed access to the free internet- seemed a little rude. The pool was dirty and the hot tub jets were broken. I will say the bed was very comfy !

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I agree with other reviewers who suggest not staying at the Millennium of you have another choice. I was shocked at the condition of the room, particularly given the price. The room was not only very dated but also showed obvious signs of years of wear and tear; walls were dirty, tiles in the bathroom were cracked, paint and woodwork scraped and scratched, etc. The beds were not very comfortable. The room was depressing.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

This hotel is located near the CU Boulder campus and near shopping, restaurants and the Boulder Creek Trail. The hotel appears to have been built in the 60's and looks like the place may have been renovated in the late 80's or early 90's but not touched since then. The exterior grounds are decent and have tennis courts and plenty of outdoor seating to enjoy a book or a drink. The rooms have thin walls so noise is noticeable. I had to change rooms as I had a next door neighbor that was watching TV and I could hear the laugh tracks day and night. Both rooms were sparsely furnished and both had old carpeting with stains on them. The bathroom was in grave need of a remodel and poorly configured. The bed was comfortable, but the duvet was not very clean. I stayed here on business because I could not get into the Hyatt due to this being back to school week. I would not recommend this hotel unless you have no other options.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Millenium in Manhattan on several occasions in the past. The accommodations were beautiful. I was expecting a similar situation in Boulder, especially for the money involved. I knew that we were in trouble as soon as we pulled up. No one came out to the car to help us with baggage. The woman at the front desk was disinterested and seemed peeved to check us in. Otherwise, the staff was very nice.
Once in the front door, the entire hotel has a very worn appearance. It reminded me of something from the 1970's. The lobby has very little seating available. The elevators are all scratched up and dirty. The carpet in the hallway to our room was so filthy and stained that we were afraid to step on something and drag it into our room. The walls were stained in several spots as well. I couldn't believe that the ceiling was actually ceiling tiles. The room itself was very outdated, but clean. Internet access is not complimentary in the room. Other local discount chains include it without charge. The TV was a 23" Zenith tube set. I have not been in a hotel without a flat screen TV in over 10 years. The bathroom was probably state of the art back in the 70's. The tub enclosure was lined with a thin corian looking material that had the seams sealed several times with poor caulk jobs. I have to admit, I took a shower in the morning and had great water pressure and hot water. No shampoo though, because the cleaning person left two conditioners by mistake.
Millenium really needs to update this hotel. It is so far below other premium hotel chains. We stayed in a Marriott in Denver the night before and were very pleased. Don't waste your money on this place.

Room Tip: Stay away.
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed in the "dog wing" or that's what we called it since we brought our dog. The room was large, which is good because we are a family with two teens. The room was nice enough but carpet in the hallway was dirty. The pools, the tennis courts, the outdoor seating, the coffee bar and the creek are all lovely though and a lot of problems can be forgiven for that. I would stay here again, although I think they should quit charging extra for WiFi and should have more and better bikes.

Room Tip: Avoid the "west wing" if possible.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Thank DanaD.
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have stayed at the Millennium at least two other trips to Boulder. It IS a good location in Boulder, nice pool area, indoor lap pool. The availability of "on sight" bicycle rentals was a plus (as it IS located right on the Boulder bike path) but...the bike choices were marginal old "retro" pedal breaks. Over the years of my visits, I have not met an update to: carpet, paint, wallpapering, air conditioners, windows. I am MOST grateful for the no-smoking policy but was very, very disappointed to find the reeking smell of dead cigarettes still emanating for the old, old carpet and wall/window coverings. Housekeeping IS doing a great job of clean linen. The choice of the television (another 'dated' item in the room) channels was pitiful and of poor picture quality with such an old system. Movie rentals were slim pickings and would have been poor picture quality on the room's television. As other reviews have stated...charging for WIFI??? Wow. Room rates are steep for the shape of the property. Some sort of breakfast voucher, drink voucher would have maybe placed some customers in the properties lounge and restaurant. I so wish Millennium would update, clean up, and get with it!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends