“A Great Latin Eatery in Boulder”

Centro Mexican Kitchen
Ranked #66 of 582 Restaurants in Boulder
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 10th St.
Transit: Public transportion is available at our doorstep, as well as taxi services a half block east of our restaurant.
Description: Centro, in the heart of downtown Boulder, is the home of soulful and delicious flavors and plates of northern Baja. The kitchen prepares solid Mexican cuisine while mixing your favorite margaritas, pina coladas, and frozen daiquiris. Come enjoy Boulder's best patio location all year round and remember: Monday is happy hour, all night long!
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We were visiting from Houston and were in the mood for some Mexican/Lating fare. What a great find this place turned out to be. There is a Tuesday nght special on the patio, and though we didn't partake the place was quite lively and turned out to be the happening place in Boulder that nght.
The food is fantastic, a bit on the higher priced side, but is is s local experience not to be missed. Chips and Salsa appetizers are usualluy complementary in Houston, but when the waiter explained the "Salsa Trio" appetizer we deceided to give it a try, and though $7.50 for chips and salsa is steep, the Habenero-Apricot sasa was very good. We then shared the carne asada and mahi mahi entrees and were not disappointed. Top quality food and well prepared and presented. Good selection of beers on tap too, as well as a full bar and compkete wine list. I highly recommend.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

Avocado salsa was made fresh to order and the chips were fresh too. I tried the shrimp and pork tacos. I didn't know I could try different types for one meal which was great to find out. Both were excellent. The side of black beans are unsalted just as a heads up. My husband had a streak and egg special that was delicious. Everything we saw looked great. Highly recommended!

Reviewed May 29, 2012

I have been the to the Centro twice and each time I have had a good experience. Their appetizers were tasty and the entrees were different than a Mexican restaurant. If you can go in the warmer months, it is a real treat to sit outside and look up at the mountains. We had good service and an enjoyable experience. I have to eaten inside so I do not know what the "feeling" is there. If you choose to try this restaurant, I do not think you will be dissapointed.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

We went as a group to this restaurant while visiting Boulder. Their salsa sampler is $6, and you don't get nearly as much salsa as you do for free at other Mexican restaurants. The steak tacos are $16 for two tacos, and they don't even cook the meat. The steak was barely browned on the edge, and the middle was purple. When we asked our waitress about this, she replied with that is how they are prepared. How can a restaurant charge $16 for tacos they didn't even cook?? Any other waitress or waiter at other restaurants, strive to make sure their customers are satisfied with their meal. Don't expect that here. Apparently the expectations of the customers are not as important at a "high-class" establishment.

1  Thank Angie D
Reviewed March 18, 2012

I had the Chile Rellenos and they were awful. The chiles were FILLED with seeds. Maybe it's traditional to serve them with the seeds, but I got more seeds in each mouthful than any of the veggies they were stuffed with. For $15, I want the seeds cleaned out of my chile. Truly disappointing. Also, they were on a bed of bland, boiled Swiss Chard. I will not be going back here. Zolo's (owned by the same people) is a million times better

1  Thank Donna M