“Above my expectations” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Bethesda, Maryland
“Above my expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2010

My wife and I were traveling to Boulder for a wedding. The bride and groom set up a wedding website which included information on three Boulder hotels. We chose the Boulder Inn based on the location, and the pictures on the internet.

The rooms were well above our expectations. I travel frequently on business, and they were comparable to rooms at a Hyatt or Westin.

The town of Boulder was very quaint, with lots of cute little shops. The weather was beautiful, and everyone had a really great time at the wedding.

We hope to visit Colorado again on a ski vacation.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GolfBuddy28090

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Ithaca, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2010

I had a great stay. The outside looks a little dilapidated from the road, but, inside, my room was large, clean, and comfortable. Free wireless internet (which worked very well, fast connection), free hot breakfast (eggs, sausage and bacon, in addition to the usual continental breakfast fare). It is not in a picturesque location compared to other parts of Boulder, but it is convenient: right next to the hotel is a pedestrian tunnel that goes straight onto campus. Walking was easy (I was visiting colleagues on campus). Lots of restaurants within walking distance. Each room has a private balcony with lawn chairs. There is a very nice-looking outdoor pool area with chaise lounges, etc, though I didn't get to go swimming because it was cold outside. The staff were friendly and accommodating; I arrived very early (10:00 am) and they found me a clean room and checked me in right away. The king bed was clean and comfortable - firm mattress with lots of pillows. I know some have complained about noise, but in my experience it was quiet. I'd say that the price for the room was about right, considering all the conveniences.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank Jeff0122
Okanogan, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2010

I loved my bed. I mean I really loved my bed. The staff was really nice and made me feel welcome and comfortable.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Xerces3692
Alameda, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2010

We stayed at the Best Western Boulder Inn only for one night. We checked in late and got a very noisy room, on the first floor near the check in and the breakfast room. The bed was comfortable but a little small. The free wi-fi was fast. The person who checked us in was very knowledgeable about Boulder and gave us great info on where to go and to eat. There were bikes available for use but not sure if there was a fee to use them. I think the hotel was fine for one night but I would prefer a larger room if I were staying longer.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RocketAlameda
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2010

I HAD A GREAT STAY IN A GTEAT ROOM. it appears as though they have recently upgradwd theit rooms. I don´t usually stay at Best Westerns but this hotels location was perfect for me. I was pleasently surprised when I got to my room and saw that I had clearly done well.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank arneztodo
Louisville, KY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2010

Chose this hotel for a Boulder vacation with the hopes of being close to both Pearl Street as well as some of the parks. The staff was always helpful, young but very well equipped and trained. Room was nice, only downside was that the patio door didn't kill even a bit of noise. We woke up very late the one night to what we guessed was a fight in the parking lot.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MotoCustomer
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2010

I was in Boulder for a 5 day meeting. It was my first trip to Boulder and the hotel staff did a great job of helping me find really cool things to do with the little time off I had. They have free bikes to borrow which were great to get to the meeting with and then to get around town with. The pool at the hotel was a great place to hang out and get caught up on my email. A great hotel in a great town.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business