“great value for the money”

Best Western Plus Boulder Inn
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Boulder
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed April 14, 2009

My husband and I just returned from 5 nights here, visiting our grad student son. I had booked online and then called and asked for a king sized bed, non-smoking room and in a quiet location,. On check-in, we noticed a bus in the parking lot and several young lacross players. Having had bad experiences at other places with sports teams, we asked to be located away from the lacross team and in a quiet location. I have to say that except for some parking lot noise, we had a wonderful stay. The room was big enough, very clean and seemed recently updated. The tub/shower was very well lit and absolutely sparkling. The wi-fi in the room was excellent and the breakfast was convenient and adequate. It's not a luxury hotel, but for what we paid it saved us hundreds of dollars. The location was good too, I walked to 29th street, also not far from the Boulder Creek path. If I was there in the summer, I would try to avoid a room that faced the pool.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank fairfax28

Reviewed February 15, 2009

This was the worst experience that I've ever had at a hotel. When my husband and I first arrived at the hotel we were sent to a room that was next to a room that had an overpowering smell of marijuana smoke. The main manager was very helpful by giving us another room but the staff was not accommodating at all. For example, there were college girls in the room next to us that were running in the hallway and slamming door and laughing from around midnight until a little after 3:30 am. This was after my husband called the front desk to complain. During the conversation he could hear the girls in the background because our rooms were near the front desk. We are appalled that this situation was not taken care of until he called to complain. We will never stay at this hotel again and feel that our stay was a complete waste of money.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank jm7tc99
BoulderInn, General Manager at Best Western Plus Boulder Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2009

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write regarding your recent stay. I am very disappointed that you experienced the problems with your neighbor guests during the early hours of the morning. Thank you for bringing these problems to our attention. I am glad that we were able to solve the problem for the remainder of your stay as you acknowledged at check out that your last night was problem free.

On behalf of the Boulder Inn staff I apologize if you felt that our staff was not proactive and did not respond until you brought this to our attention. The Boulder Inn prides itself on exceptional customer service and accommodations and your comments and experience are a disappointment.

Thank you for your comments and concerns. We always appreciate our valued guest's feedback. We hope you enjoyed your trip to the University and hope that during your next visit to Boulder you will stay at the Boulder Inn understanding that the problems you experienced were resolved as soon as we were made aware of them and that we are on notice to be more proactive in the future. I would again express my deepest apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay.

Reviewed August 28, 2008

I had a quite good experience with this hotel for a 4 night stay. The room was good-sized, clean and seemed recently refurbished. Very comfy furniture and bed. Would have liked a bit more counter space in the bathroom, but that's pretty picky. Otherwise, the room was just about perfect for a business stay.

In-room wifi was reliable if a bit slow. Hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful, and the free continental breakfast pretty generous (variety of pastries, cereal, etc.). Plenty of free parking very near the rooms was also convenient.

Overall, I had a very good experience at the Boulder Inn and would recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank petercs
Reviewed August 28, 2008

We had to change our reservations several times, and the staff went out of its way to make sure we got the room we needed. (We were there for our child's orientation and move-in for CU.) We also needed a refrigerator for medical reasons and they made sure we had one. Despite the hotel being full, we never had to wait to use the computer in the business center. Breakfast was as it was advertised, mediocre but convenient. The beds were comfortable, and the room was clean.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed April 22, 2008

My husband, son, and I stayed at the Best Western Inn Boulder over the weekend of April 11 - 14, 2008, nothing going on at CU - just visiting our student daughter. But the locks on the outside doors wouldn't work, and on Monday morning, bright and early, "they" decided to dig up the concrete with a jackhammer near the pool - you might know we were on the pool side. What a noise! For the rates, not a good choice. Also, we had booked in advance and asked for a ground floor as I have arthritis in my knees. They weren't accommodating at ALL. Very thin walls to boot!
For your money? Go somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank ThatGirl1960
BoulderInn, Rachel, Front Desk Manager at Best Western Plus Boulder Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2008

Thank you for taking the time to write regarding your recent hotel stay at the Best Western Boulder Inn. We are very disappointed you were not completely satisfied with your recent stay.

I would like to address some of your comments regarding your stay to clarify any confusion. Our remodeling of the pool deck began Monday morning April 14th at 10am. Your scheduled departure was Monday April 14th at 11am. No construction was conducted during your stay and I apologize if any noise from guests may have disturbed you, my staff is trained to address any noise complaints in a professional and timely manor when notified by our guests. On behalf of the Boulder Inn staff I would like to also apologize if you felt my staff was unaccommodating. The Boulder Inn prides itself on exceptional customer service and accommodations and your comments are very out of character for the Boulder Inn.

Thank you again for your comments and concerns. We always appreciate our valued guest’s feedback. We hope you enjoyed your visit with your daughter at CU and hope that during your next visit to Boulder you will stay at the Boulder Inn and enjoy our newly remolded pool area with beautiful views of the Flatirons Again, let me express my deepest apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay.

Reviewed January 4, 2008

Make sure you do not stay at this hotel when there is a CU football game. We were kept awake Friday & Saturday nights throughout the night and nothing was done about it. People were screaming, jumping up and down, banging on walls, jumping in the pool. On top of this, these two nights of our stay were much higher priced, although they did refund that amount. Apart from this it was a decent place to stay.

Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank Steven H
BoulderInn, Rachel, Front Desk Manager at Best Western Plus Boulder Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2008

Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review for the Boulder Inn. It is always helpful to receive feedback from our guests, in the hopes that we can improve both our accommodations and service to always exceed our guest’s expectations.
I am pleased to hear that my staff was able to compensate you for the noise issues and that overall you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to serving you on your next visit to Boulder, Colorado.

Best Regards,

Rachel Crowther
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed July 29, 2007

We stayed at the Best Western in July for 1 night. We had two rooms both on the first floor. Definitly ask for the rooms by the pool. Ours were better then my parents on the opposite side. With 3 toddlers it was nice to go out the sliding doors and be by the pool. The kids were able to run in and out of the room when they wanted to. The hotel, pool, and the whirlpool were all clean. The room did not have a refrigerator. The only thing that I believe was a little misleading coming from out of town was the advertisement for the hotel. It stated it was across the street from the mall. It isn't the Pearl Street Mall just a little mall with fast food restaurants. My mistake. Not having a car we took the bus. Not that far.
Breakfast was good and a plenty. Bagels, cereal, donughts, hard boiled eggs, toast.

Overall the place was good and if in the neighborhood would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank zack728
BoulderInn, Front Desk Manager at Best Western Plus Boulder Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2007

Thank you for taking the time to write such a complimentary review. We always enjoy hearing what our guests enjoy most about their stay and it is nice to know what we could have done to make your stay more enjoyable. I am passing on your comments to our staff. They will greatly appreciate that you took the time out of your day to send this message.
We apologize for any confusion concerning our location. The Boulder Inn is located directly across the street from the University of Colorado and just one mile from the 29th Street Shopping Mall. We are also within walking distance of several restaurants.

Thank you again for your comments, we look forward to your return.

Rachel Stevenson