“He gave us the shirt off his back!!!”

Best Western Plus Boulder Inn
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Boulder
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We visited here for the BolderBoulder and loved this hotel! Location is excellent. Has a "luxury" feel to it - loved the packaged slippers and kurig in our room. Bed was so comfy and the private patio was great. But the highlight was our interaction with Malcolm D at the front desk. I complimented him on his BolderBoulder shirt and told him I'd been looking for one like that. He told us to come back when his shift was over and he'd give it to us - and he did!!! We will definitely be back - LOVED Boulder and LOVED this hotel! Thanks again Malcolm :)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
BoulderInn, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Boulder Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Hi Run2You67,

The CEO of Best Western International, David Kong, called for all member properties to provide guests with “heroic hospitality.” No act embodies “heroic hospitality” more than giving a customer the shirt off your back. Malcolm’s actions make everyone at the Boulder Inn so incredibly proud to be part of this organization. I’m glad that you had such a positive experience with us, and we thank you for sharing it with the world.

If your travels bring you back through Boulder, please feel free to contact me. I am happy to help facilitate your reservation. I can be reached at the hotel, on my personal cell phone number 303-506-9859, or via email at ari@boulderinn.com

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Boulder Inn

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Clean, well-kept hotel with very accommodating staff. The rooms were comfortable, and the hot breakfast, free wifi were certainly welcome. Some first floor rooms (including mine) open directly to the parking lot and the drive way, so if privacy is a big concern for you then I would recommend rooms on the 2nd floor. Nice location near CU, and some restaurants across the streets.

Hi Joseph K,

Trip Advisor members consistently and overwhelmingly make positive comments on our staff. I understand that people love the 40 inch tvs, outdoor heated pool, on-site fitness facility, extensive breakfast….., but people always comment on the fantastic staff. I feel very fortunate to work at the Boulder Inn because of this.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We hiked in Rocky Mountain National Park and preferred Boulder as our base. This hotel is perfectly located between estes/rmnp and denver. Lot's of nearby places to dine. It's proximity to Pearl St is a plus! The hotel interior and the staff are extremely helpful. We stayed here on the Memorial day long weekend ....

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi Neeraj S,

It sounds as though you had a great trip to Boulder and Estes Park. What a great time of the year to visit! I hope that you were able to experience the Boulder Creekfest and Bolder Boulder. Thank you for your comments on the great location and helpful staff.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

The Boulder Inn is very welcoming and the staff are really helpful. I have been calling in there for years on regular visits to Boulder. The rooms are large and comfortable and a good coffee brewing machine is provided. There is now a store of snacks near reception that can be purchased at any time. This helps with cravings derived from jetlag. They also put a bag of snacks and drinks in the room when I arrive. very helpful. (It always pays to drink loads of fluids at this altitude). The breakfast is OK but a bit boring on repeated use. I haven't yet tried the new gym. In summary, its the great service that keeps me going back.

Hi Clerkenwellman,

I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed our new sundry shop. We have been stocking it with an array of food and beverage options, as well as cosmetic and toiletry items. Our biggest seller is Ben and Jerry’s Chunky Monkey. I’m sorry that you didn’t have a chance to try the new on-site fitness center. It has been a big hit with our guests. Thank you for the kind words about the helpful staff and for noticing all of the enhancements we have been making to the property.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

As per the title, the hotel is clean, quiet, and close to campus. Easily accesses in-room internet for no additional charge. People at my conference who stayed at the Boulder Outlook seemed less satisfied.

Hi Jeff H,

Like you, many of our guests are conference attendees, attending events on the University of Colorado campus. I’m glad to hear that you found the location ideal. Thank you for your comments on the cleanliness and the quietness. We spend a great deal of time creating a serene environment, and your positive words are encouraging.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Nicely appointed - welcoming staff - good breakfast and adequate exercise room. Property had heated pool and whirlpool (indoors). This motel is located close to U of Colorado campus, bike paths, etc. The property has good parking and is located near bus lines and quiet neighborhood. I would definitely come back. The front desk staff was very helpful with directions and suggestions for activities.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Hi mopri,

I am so happy that you enjoyed our brand new fitness center. We consulted with professionals before purchasing the state of the art equipment by Matrix and Vision. Equipment includes treadmill, elliptical, upright cycle, multi station, and free weights.

Thank you for your kind words on the friendly staff and location.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

After checking out of Best Western Plus Boulder Inn and travelling to Denver, I realized that I had forgotten my rain jacket at the hotel. I called and spoke to Assistant General Manager Ryan Schwede. Ryan located my jacket, and not only did he take it back with him to Denver, but the next day he drove out to the hotel where I was staying next and dropped it off there for me. Ryan was amazingly helpful, way over the top, more than I expected anyone to do for me.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business