“Great option in Boulder”

Best Western Plus Boulder Inn
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Boulder
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
San Francisco, California
“Great option in Boulder”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

My experience here was yet another instance of a specific Best Western property upholding the company reputation for consistently comfortable, clean, and more-than-adequate accommodations. Staff here were welcoming and accommodating. Rooms are simple but very spacious and impressively clean. Grounds are also well-maintained. Downtown Boulder (including the Pearl Street Mall and surroundings) are within walking distance (15-20 mins) of this hotel. I would certainly return to the Buff during future trips to Boulder.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed two nights at this hotel. It was very clean and spacious. Very comfortable beds! We had a Keurig coffee maker in the room. The pool area was very pretty, though the slate floor got extremely slippery when wet. You want to watch your kids on that.
Very nice hot breakfast was provided with a good variety of hot food, pastries, fruit. My only beef was that we had a room overlooking the driveway and that it was quite pricey.

Room Tip: Book ahead and ask for a room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Unfortunately, I never was able to experience the hotel - though I can say it is in a mediocre part of town. That said, you pay less than hotels in better areas.

I arrived at 3PM, was told I had no reservation - and I could get none anyplace in town as the Boulder flood had consumed all the rooms. Often, I might fight the fact that I had no room. But I realize that Boulder has been devastated, and I didn't want to push a room for myself if someone else with a greater need may go without.

Down the road a ways is a Marriott where I booked a room and spent the night. I paid substantially more than the Best Western, albeit for a much nicer room.

The next day I received an email that I would pay 118$ as a "no show". The hotel manager said he didn't believe I had arrived as his desk employees do not remember me. His words, "I will choose to believe my workers.". Of course, not sure why I would pay a much higher price down the road if I really was a no show (a fact, of course, I could prove).

I realize things are tough in Boulder right now. But to be called a liar and told I would have to pay for the room (a room which was likely given to someone else) is a bit hard to swallow.

Best Western is one of the harder hotel chains to deal with. When visiting Boulder, I would not trust this hotel. When visiting anywhere, I will avoid Best Western.

Room Tip: I would suggest staying someplace else.
2 Thank Julie C
BoulderInn, General Manager at Best Western Plus Boulder Inn, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your reservation for the evening of September 15th.

As you can imagine this has been an extremely challenging week for all of us at the Boulder Inn. Virtually all of our staff were personally affected by the excessive rainfall and subsequent events. The hotel was lucky enough to weather the storm, as a result, we struggled with all the attention that brought.

I apologize for the comment my manager made regarding his beliefs. I fear he was feeling overly paternalistic toward his staff. Despite the water related issues they were dealing with at home, they were here, fully dedicated to taking care of the guests.

Everyone here was terribly disappointed that you did not show up for the room you reserved on the 15th, and that the room sat empty. Many very desperate people were turned away as we held the room for you.

We have been unable to locate any video evidence of your interaction with our front desk. I believe that your attempted check-in may have been at the wrong hotel. There is currently another Best Western less than a mile from us on the same street, which very well may have been the cause of your confusion.

Steven Wallace, GM
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights while visiting the U of CO campus and seeing Boulder fr the first time once graduation 30 years ago. The front desk staff is very friendly and helpful and the rooms clean and comfortable. We booked online with Cheaptickets and it a good deal. We had a standard room bt they did ave some with refrigeratrs. Ths hotel ad an outdoor pool which nfrtunately ddn't look all hat clean. The free breakfast was good for the price, powdered eggs are never that good!

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room that aces the mountains
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
BoulderInn, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Boulder Inn, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Hi Karen M,

Thank you for your kind words about our property. Time and time again, customers comment on the friendly staff and the clean rooms. We recognize their efforts, and understand that they are the key to the hotel’s success. It is outstanding that you too recognize their relentless effort to provide exceptional customer care.

If your travels bring you back through Boulder, please feel free to contact me. I am happy to help facilitate your reservation. I can be reached at the hotel or my personal cel phone number is 303-506-9859.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 11, 2013

The rooms were clean, there is a lovely outdoor pool. My room had a balcony that overlooked the pool, and was a pleasant place to sit outside. The breakfast was good, with hot and cold foods. The staff is friendly and helpful. Individual Keurig coffee makers in the room are great.

Room Tip: I liked having a room with a balcony.
Green Features: 1) you can choose to reuse the sheets and towels, rather than have them changed every day and 2) you can opt out of any sort of cleaning service, and then no one enters the room. I decided on #2 because I don't need to have people pick up after me or wash my linens every day.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Hi Laura H,

Thank you for sharing your stellar experience with others on Trip Advisor. As frequently as I hear reviewers mention our clean rooms and friendly staff, it never gets old. We are so incredibly grateful for everything the staff does. We can build an incredible hotel with high end amenities, but without the staff, we are nothing; and we are extremely cognizant of that.

Los Angeles, United States
Reviewed September 8, 2013

This was a very good hotel. Rooms were clean and attractive. In the morning the continental breakfast was pretty good with a lot of options. The high speed Internet worked well. The staff at check in was very friendly. She provided a map and detailed directions to the downtown area. It was also very reasonably priced. The only downside is you have to drive to the downtown Pearl Street Area.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hi Michael M,

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay. It sounds as though you took advantage of our new 1200 square foot Breakfast room. We opened it a few months ago, and the reviews have been fantastic. A 33 foot solid granite buffet, state of the art coffee machine offering over 60 different hot beverages, hand crafted gas fireplace, and (2) 60 inch plasma tvs. As always, our complimentary hot breakfast includes scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, juices, 3 cereals, English muffins, Bagels, doughnuts, yogurt, assorted fresh fruit, coffee, and Belgian waffles.
Also, thanks for your comments on the cleanliness of the rooms. We very much understand what an important issue it is, and take our cleaning to the highest level possible.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed September 4, 2013

A great Best Western stop in Boulder. The rooms are typical but recently renovated, lobby is currently being renovated. The patio and pool area were a great option for having a cup of coffee or visiting with folks. Breakfast was outstanding

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hi Bookmom1,

One of my favorite activities is to sit outside during sunrise, sip great coffee, and take in the mountains we call the Flatirons. Our pool area is a quiet oasis, with a captivating backdrop of the majestic Rocky Mountains. I’m so glad that you were able to experience all of this.