“It's a Best Western, what do you expect?”

Best Western Plus Boulder Inn
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Boulder
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Basic motel room. Clean. Difficult to operate faucets. Free full breakfast is nice. Free wi-fi. Guest laundry available. Our curtains didn’t shut properly and there was a light on 24 hours outside, which was annoying. The motel is very close to the University of Colorado, but a decent/long walk to downtown. There are restaurants close by though and you can hire bikes from the hotel reception.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 28, 2013

We were touring the Schools that my son had been accepted at and this was by far the best and most convienient of all the cities we had stayed in. We loved the free bikes and great breakfast, great and caring staff..

Room Tip: If you come from sea level be prepared to be tired after a long day at the university.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
BoulderInn, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Boulder Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Thank you very much for spending the time to review our hotel. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy of our location. Because we are directly across the street from CU, we are a popular choice when visiting the University of Colorado. It sounds as though you and your son took advantage of our free bikes. What a great way to experience Boulder.

I hope you have a chance to come back and experience our new breakfast room. The 1200 square foot room will boast a 33 foot solid granite buffet, state of the art coffee machine offering over 60 different hot beverages, hand crafted gas fireplace, and (2) 60 inch plasma tvs. Look for it to open sometime in the next two weeks.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

My friends and I stayed here for 5 days and 4 nights for the film festival and it was just wonderful. Staff was friendly, and the breakfast was great...tons of options! We requested for a view of the mountains and that's what we got. Nothing beats waking up, stepping out to the balcony, and sipping your coffee (made fresh in the room with a Keurig) while admiring the Flatirons. The beds were comfy and the room looked great! Flatscreen TV, fast Wi-fi, clean bathroom, and quick response from the front desk. About 5 mins away from downtown Boulder. Will definitely stay here again next time I get the chance to go back to Boulder.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for sharing your great experience with the Trip Advisor community. It sounds as though you were in town for the Boulder International Film Festival. Boulder has so many great events throughout the year, I’m glad that you were able to take advantage of one of them. I believe that Peter Fonda was the honored guest this year.

Sipping a fresh cup of coffee, while admiring the snow covered Flatirons is one of my favorite things to do as well. I'm glad that you could do that from your room balcony. Thanks for noticing the 40 inch flat screen tvs, high end mattresses, and Keurig machines. But most of all, thanks for bringing positive attention to the staff in a public forum. They do such a great job, and it means a lot to them.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel while in Boulder for a charity event. Location was great. Check-in was easy, the staff was wonderful, room was clean and updated. The sink area was a little small, no way more than one person could be in that area at a time, but not a big deal. I will say that the bed was extremely hard, while some people like that, I personally prefer a softer mattress, but again, it was only one night so not a big deal. The only negative I have would be the hallway noise. We were located in a room not far from the breakfast area and it was very noisy outside our room starting at 6:00 a.m. Needless to say it wasn't my best nights sleep. If you are a light sleeper, I would recommend requesting a room on the second floor or away from public areas.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the second floor or away from public areas, rooms aren't sound proof and ha...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your experience. As I reflect on all of our Trip Advisor reviews over the past year, two things continuously pop up: wonderful staff, and cleanliness. We really appreciate that you called positive attention to these qualitative aspects of the hotel. If your travels bring you back through Boulder, please feel free to contact me directly. I am happy to help facilitate your reservation.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We were greeted by a friendly lady at the front desk who recommended a great brewpub for us to visit. I initially was revulsed when my wife booked us a Best Western as we have stayed in others before and they were disgusting. We normally stay in Hilton chain hotels. This hotel not only was excellent but somehow has created and entire culture of friendliness and professionalism amongst its staff, and I mean everyone right down to the maids. White table clothes in the breakfast room were a nice touch. Our room was neat with newer furniture not the old and busted things I expected. Yes, the outside is dated, but I was impressed to see it in good order and even all the light bulbs worked. Burned out lights and cob webs usually adorn most Best Westerns I know. I was absolutely impressed by the way these young people run this hotel. My expectations were exceeded in every way and I would not hesitate to stay here again. If only all hotels in this

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

To exceed your expectations is our goal every time you walk in the door. I am thrilled to hear that we exceeded yours. I am so happy that you were able to experience the “culture of friendliness” that the Boulder Inn is known for.

Two years ago, Best Western International introduced tiers to our brand, in order to give people a better idea of what product they were getting. The Boulder Inn was extremely honored to be designated a “Best Western Plus”. We are one of only a few in the state of Colorado. We strive to make ourselves better and better every day. Our newest project is a new breakfast room coming online. The 1200 square foot room will boast a 33 foot solid granite buffet, state of the art coffee machine offering over 60 different hot beverages, an elegantly tiled gas fireplace, and (2) 60 inch LCD tvs. Look for it to open sometime in the next two weeks.

If your travels bring you back through Boulder, please feel free to contact me directly. Call the hotel, or feel free to call or text me on my cel phone: 303-506-9859. I am happy to help facilitate your reservation.

Ari

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed two nights at this hotel. Nice staff, very knowlegable. The hotel is well located to the campus. The breakfast was good and was more then just a continental breakfast. Would definitely stay at this property again.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stayed at the Best Western Plus/Boulder Inn when my daughter had a college Music Audition at CU Boulder. The Front desk Staff was friendly and knowledgeable. One of the staff, Malcolm Frank took time to give us tips and maps for getting to and around campus. He even recommended a good lap top for student use. When we wanted water for the room he took time to go to storage and bring us chilled bottles. The beds were comfortable and there was a nice complimentary breakfast.