“Great Location”

Best Western Plus Boulder Inn
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Boulder
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed June 8, 2012

The hotel overall was pretty nice and a very good location to walk to the campus and downtown. The staff was always VERY friendly and helpful with our questions. The rooms were fairly clean and the pool was very nice. My only two complaints were: 1)the hot tub could use a good cleaning, took one look at the water and decided to skip it 2.) the walls are a little thin and you can hear feet above and noise from the hallway. Otherwise I would definitely recommend it. :)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 23, 2012

Upon entering this hotel to checking out, top customer service was provided. Ben was an excellent resource for any questions I had, and there were plenty as this was my first time in Boulder. The room had a balcony right over the pool area with a wide view of the mountains - definitely request these rooms when you stay! The business center was very clean with a fast internet connection. I will for sure stay at this property if ever headed that way!

Room Tip: Request the pool side rooms for sure!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
BoulderInn, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Boulder Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

Thank you very much for your generous review, and for noting the speed of the free internet access. The Boulder Inn’s primary clientele are visiting scientists from the University across the street and from the government labs that are under a mile away. These professional’s specialized work requires a very reliable high speed signal, and we are proud of what we are able to deliver. If you come to Boulder again, please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

The location and property are beautiful! But the staff is what made my stay amazing! Ben at the front desk was extremely nice, professional and knowledgable about Boulder. He provided a map of the area and pointed out local favorites for food and drinks. He was even nice enough to run a menu directly to our room. Every staff member I encountered, whether front desk, maintenance or housekeeping, had a smile on their face and said hello. I will definitely stay at this property again! I had a great experience!

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the pool. All those rooms face the mountains and you couldn't ask for a mor...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your big-hearted review, and your kind words about Ben. I shared your review with him, and he was excited to be recognized. Bricks and mortar do not make a business; it is the employees that breathe life into it. I’m thankful that you were able to experience the superior customer service our employees deliver. If you come to Boulder again, please feel free to contact me directly. I am happy to help facilitate your reservation

Reviewed May 22, 2012

Nothing special, but no real complaints either. Bed was comfortable, and the location can't be beat if you're walking to CU. Only thing I recall is that the CF bulbs above the sink took a long time to warm up to the point that it was bright enough to use the mirror...

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. I’m glad that you found our hotel so convenient to your visit at the University of Colorado. There are 24 hotels in Boulder, CO, but only four of us are fortunate enough to be directly across the street from CU. Several of the Boulder Inn guests choose to walk across the street onto campus, while others utilize one of our complimentary bikes. If you come to Boulder again, please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights recently. They are now smoke-free which made a world of difference! Also, my room seemed to be renovated, and it was spotless. The maids are diligent and polite, and the young people at the front desk know what they are doing and know how to treat people well.
Thank you, Boulder Inn. I will happily stay with you again.

Room Tip: No elevator, but if that doesn't bother you, stay upstairs.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for your review, and for noticing that our hotel is 100% smoke free. Also, thanks for noting the friendly staff throughout the property. All of our employees are continuously reminded to treat the guests as though they were a guest in their own home. The end result is a culture of superior customer service, and tons of repeat business. If you come to Boulder again, please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

This was my first visit to Boulder and This hotel left much to be desired. Small rooms, smelly hallways, no electricity one night, poor bike rentals (bikes were rusted, would not shift, brakes were spotty), outdated rooms. I have no idea why they call it a Best Western Plus. There was also no workout area on site and when we asked for the gym passes for a gym that the hotel contracted with , we were told that only one pass was free, we would need to pay for the second pass even though we had two people checked in. They did not offer any sort of upgrade nor reduction in rate for the inconvenience of no electricity for several hours one night where the ENTIRE hotel was pitch black. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: April 2012
BoulderInn, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Boulder Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

Thank you for your review. During your multi-night stay, Excel Energy experienced a transmission switch failure, leading to a city-wide electrical blackout. Residential homes, local businesses, and the University of Colorado campus across the street were affected. A total of 30,000 people were without power for a little under two hours. I’m sorry to hear of the hardship this caused you.

Concerning the size of the room; our standard hotel rooms are 295 square feet, which is quite spacious. Our upgraded Business Plus rooms are 378 square feet, some of the largest in Boulder.

We are excited to offer all of our guests free use of our bike fleet at no charge. Hotel guests choose to take advantage of Boulder’s many bike paths to visit nearby NOAA, NIST, and The University of Colorado; all under 1 mile away. I’m sorry to hear that the brakes on your bike were not to your satisfaction. Due to your review, we have had our maintenance company make an extra trip to the property to ensure all bikes are in good working order.

The Best Western Plus designation was awarded to our hotel after years of consistently achieving a 3 diamond rating from AAA. This is the same rating as top tier hotels in Boulder such as the Hotel Boulderado and The Boulder Marriott. We are very proud of our rating, and we will continue to strive to exceed expectations.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

From the moment I checked in to the moment I checked out, this hotel was nothing but fantastic. It started with check in, My stars must have been aligned that day: a smiling face, early check-in, and a complimentary upgrade. My bedroom was much bigger than my apartment, and the television was easily 40+, with the clearest picture. Breakfast was free, and they had the "make your own" waffles which I love. The front desk staff pointed me in the direction of great restaurants and bars. When I checked out, they called me by name, and smiled again. I have only been to Boulder one other time, but I hope my company sends me back again.

Room Tip: Make sure to eat breakfast at the hotel. It was great.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

We appreciate that you took the time to write a review of our property. Of the 24 hotels in Boulder, Colorado, we are the only one to offer 40 inch flat screen TVs in every room. Sixty channels of HD are offered. Thank you for recognizing the size of the room as well as the television set. If you return to Boulder, please feel free to contact me directly in order to facilitate your reservation.