“Clean hotel and nice staff but noisy heating system”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Boulder Inn
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Boulder
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Paris, France
“Clean hotel and nice staff but noisy heating system”
Reviewed February 11, 2012

I stay three night and every thing was perfect except the heating system I had to disconnect to be able to sleep. It was very cold outside and nights were quite cold in my room. Otherwise, the hotel is very good and I would recommend it.

Room Tip: bring your ear balls
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
BoulderInn, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Boulder Inn, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Thank you for noticing the extreme cleanliness of the hotel. Our housekeeping staff has chosen to participate in extra training in order to go above and beyond what most people expect.
We took your review very seriously. After investigating, we were were able to recreate and fix the noise you experienced. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. The next time you choose to stay at our hotel, please feel free to contact me directly. I am happy to help facilitate your reservation.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed January 21, 2012

I stayed here over the weekend to be near friends of my alma mater CU. The hotel was spotless and clean. The bed was very comfortable and the staff was extremely hospitable and welcoming; I'd say the best experience was the staff. I will definitely book again on my next and future visits to Boulder. For anyone familiar with Boulder, you know that it lacks hotel selections in terms of decent pricing and newer/remodeled hotels. The Boulder Inn Best Western Plus was definitely a great choice for me. I recommend to anyone!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank James W
BoulderInn, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Boulder Inn, responded to this review, January 25, 2012
Hi James,

Thank you for your positive words. They are always appreciated.

We strive to constantly improve the product we deliver, and it is great to hear that our efforts are being recognized. To lessen our environmental impact, we are introducing solar power. Panel installation was completed last week, and in the next seven days we will become the most solar powered hotel in Boulder. Please feel free to contact me directly when making reservations for your next stay.

Ari Rubin
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Very nice, clean hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. At breakfast, one of the staff members gave my daughters some snack bags with juice, chex mix and animal crackers for later-so sweet! The rooms were not a little on the small side, but overall it was a great stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed December 17, 2011

Everything went perfect. Staff was great and they have fat 40" flatscreens and great HD stations. Best thing was staff. High speed was great and reliable also.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Howard F
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 15, 2011

Our stay at Best Western Plus Boulder was wonderful. Until recently we never patronized Best Western’s. We are impressed with the value that we received. The staff is friendly and helpful. The room was updated, clean, and comfortable. The bed was very very comfortable. I requested a quiet room and was given one--no noise problems at all, through the wall or from anywhere else. The hot breakfast changes daily, with every thing from hot scrambled eggs, to hot sausage to sweet rolls to cereal. The whirlpool was comforable, it is in a separate building which kinda struck me as odd. I had forgotten the cord to charge my laptop and Ashley quickly located me one to borrow. Hats off to Malcolm, Ashley, Gabe. They also have bikes that you can use at no charge. We enjoyed our stay so much that after a business meeting we made reservations and returned for a second night.
Eat tip – Pasta Jay’s. Reasonably priced meals that are very very good. The first night I had. Tortellone Borbellini - tortellone with crumbled sausage and fresh baby spinach,
baked in a tomato cream sauce. $13.00 It was not only exceptional but the presentation was equally well done.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank smreblin
NJ
Reviewed December 12, 2011

I have worked as a DIrector in the hotel industry for top hotels in NYC. I have never stayed at a best western in my life - but when last minute plans required a trip to see CU Boulder with my son, I booked here for the location and availability. The public area ( lobby, pool etc) does not offer much, But the guest rooms were updated, CLEAN and the beds were very comfortable. Large flat screen TV, NIce shower head with great water pressure and the extended arm shower curtain for more room- they even offered make up remover pads in the bathroom which are not offered by even most full service hotels! Business Center requires a special timed key from the desk so they can "keep control of users" which was inconvenient - but there is free wireless in the rooms so wasn't really a problem, as I only needed to print something IF you need a hotel for the sole purposes of sleeping and want to be close to the campus this is a great choice. NO restaurant, room service, or other amenities but for that purpose I would consider it again. Staff was friendly and accommodating as well. Quality of the Breakfast was just OK - ate there first day, chose to eat somewhere else another day, even though it was included in room rate.

Room Tip: It is only two stories with an interior entrance to rooms, ask for second floor for safety as there...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank cherNJ
McLean, Virginia
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Traveling for business can be difficult and exhausting. I pulled up to the Boulder Inn, and the young man behind the desk offered to take my luggage up to my room. The only time I am offered this service is at hotels over $250. This was the first of many surprises.
I later realized that I forgot my Blackberry charger. I spoke to a different hound man at the front desk who brought me 5 to choose from.
The room was modern, with an enormous flat screen tv. I stayed in a Hyatt in Chicago last week. I paid twice as much, and my tv, was half the size.
Great breakfast, and lots of other perks. They won me as their guest.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
BoulderInn, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Boulder Inn, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Michael L,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your past experience here at the Boulder Inn. We really appreciate the comments you have left for our staff. We will always do our best to make sure that from the moment a guest arrives at our front door that they are taken care of. It is great that you noticed one of our recent upgrades; 40 inch Samsung HDTVs in every room along with 60 channels of HD. We hope that you will choose the Boulder Inn again for your lodging needs.

Ryan Schwede