“Look no further to stay in Boulder”

The Bradley Boulder Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Boulder B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 13, 2012

The Bradley has it all. The location is perfect, located downtown but with private off street parking. The staff are very friendly. The building is beautiful and the common spaces offer lots of areas for both quiet sitting and reading as well as meeting other guests. The room was very comfortable and very clean. We enjoyed being able to open the window and turn on our ceiling fan. What we liked the most was the clean contemporary look since too many B&Bs are fussy and cluttered. We also liked the breakfast and happy hour and all day snacks. They were fresh and included granola and yogurt as well as more decadent baked goods and quiches. We enjoyed the freedom of eating when we wanted and either alone or with others---personally, we do not like B&Bs that have "forced conversation" with formal breakfasts.

I would look no further if you are going to Boulder.....and you will LOVE Boulder. There are so many restaurants close to the Inn.

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms are more private and offer balconies but you must walk up a big staircase. We lo...

Reviewed October 8, 2012

The quick review…great room. great location, great staff, great food, great price, plus a parking space in the middle of downtown Boulder

We stayed here for a couple of nights this summer. I made the reservation based on price and location, but was a bit skeptical of the Bradley. My biggest fear was that it was going to be a bit too home spun, with overly talkative inn keepers and meddlesome guests. It was not like that at all. Our encounters with the staff were very professional and they were also very warm and accommodating. The Inn is small, as in number of bedrooms, but not small in size. Our room was very gracious in size and very comfortable. The decor is what I might call Colorado contemporary. It's is clean and sleek with a nod to the building's past. It is not, an over the top, boutique hotel and for that the Bradley gets 5 stars. The photograph showing our room, was right on the mark, very clean and comfortable. We stayed on the first floor, in the most accessible room. My boyfriend had just had his knee replaced and did not want to walk up and down stairs. There was not a room on the first floor with a walk in shower, but the tub with a shower was a good size and the staff provided us with an anti-slip mat. The only thing I would have added to the room was a full length mirror. I like to make sure everything is in place and covered before heading out for the day. There is a perfect place by the front door of the room. There may have been a full length mirror in the hallway..

So even better then the room was the breakfast, the afternoon snack, and the happy hours. Great home baked choices….They were cooking granola when we arrived. They served two choices of quiche each morning and I'm guilty I ate a piece of both, not to mention the lemon pound cake I could not stop eating. Luckily, the breakfast sweet bread reappeared as the afternoon snack. They had a lovely, help yourself, coffee and tea bar. They also had pitchers of ice water out. Each day the fresh garnish in the ice water changed, from lemon, to lime to cucumber. Due the high altitude I tried to keep hydrated, so I loved the help yourself coffee bar plus I needed something to drink with my third piece of lemon cake. The happy hour had a lovely selection of wines and beers, cheese and some homemade nibbles. A perfect place to unwind after hiking or shopping.

Then there was the delightful staff. Number one on my list, they all seemed to enjoy their job and understood the job's responsibilities. Everyone was very warm and hospitable. It was like staying in a home with loving family, but without any family drama. I liked that the perfectly clean kitchen was right off the dining area. Since I felt like a guest in a home, it was nice to walk into the kitchen and put my used plate in the sink…but this was not in the least bit expected of the guest…

The kitchen was just so inviting and smelled good, it was nice watching the goodies come out of the oven. It was also sort of relaxing and comfortable like being at home, but on a great vacation. As I said, I put my plate in the sink. I did not have to clean it, put in the dishwasher……you know what I mean

The location was great. I would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Spent one lovely night here. The staff were so incredibly helpful with suggestions of where to eat, what to do, etc. Our room was quiet, with a comfortable bed. The "great room" is a nice place to unwind at the end of the day. Nice breakfast buffet served in the morning. Location of the hotel couldn't be better, you can walk to most places in Boulder. Definitely would recommend to others.

2  Thank TheTravelerBoston
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Great location just one block off of Pearl Street. We were greeted by a very informative staff member and were very pleased. The room was nice and the place is larger than you think from the outside, the great room is beautiful! Our only complaint was that when we arrived downstairs for breakfast, we were expecting to have some more of the great service we had encountered at check in. While the person who prepared breakfast was not overtly poor in service, it was the lack of any service that surprised us. She mainly stayed in the kitchen after placing all the food on the buffet. We were also told that there would be gluten free options for breakfast, but the only option was granola really. We checked out shortly after and I had to go and find her in the kitchen. I know that this is an Inn vs. B&B so I was not expecting the personal touch for breakfast that you would get at the B&B, but I didn't leave there with a warm fuzzy about the service. But, I still recommend as overall it was a good experience.

1  Thank JH3970
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Beautifully restored old home/building with roomy accommodations and private baths. I'm normally a little leery of B&Bs but this place is great. You have plenty of privacy and our room even had a balcony. The staff is friendly and helpful, the wifi is fast, and the breakfast is fresh and very good. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Deborah M
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Sometimes, where you stay on vacation, is like buying real estate. Location is everything. Well not exactly if you are staying In a dump. The Bradley Inn in Boulder, Colorado is not in this category. It is a warm and friendly B&B located only 1/2 block from the wonders of Pearl Street. We walked everyday to fine restaurants, cafes, bookstores, and shops. The staff at the inn are helpful and warm. Breakfasts are satisfying and offer wide range of choices for most tastes and diets. Our room was comfortable but far from extravagant: no hi-def TV ( I am okay with that), a noisy A/C unit, and a serviceable but small bathroom. Wireless network functioned well and room decor was ala Pier1. Like most B&B's, if you want predictability and uniformity, then stay at the Hyatt. Room choices are kind of a crap shoot. The afternoon wine and cheese offering was exceptional. Again, whatever small deficiencies there were are more than made up for by the inn's proximity to the CU campus and Pearl Street. Lastly, parking spaces are few and small- be prepared if you bring a large car or SUV.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank phmokda
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I am taking my younger son to CU next week, and knowing I am staying at the Bradley is one of the highlights! I can't wait to stay there yet again, and feel the love, from start to finish. Yes, the location is great, yes, the rooms are lovely, immaculate, tasteful, extremely relaxing and comfortable, yes, the common area is fabulous, yes, the breakfast, "open kitchen" with water bottles and drinks available at any time, happy hour with generous spread, is all beyond fabulous (wait until you taste their baked goods!), BUT all of this pales in comparison simply to the feeling you get when staying there. The people are fabulous and incredibly welcoming both to me, and to my kids when they come hang out with me. Free wifi......on and on and on....... It makes leaving my kids at school much easier.........I wouldn't stay anywhere else......only downside is that I get VERY sad if I don't book early enough to get a room!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family