All reviews meditation room cookies charming b b tea selection the main house carriage house granola red cloud organic breakfast zen center filtered water pearl street private bath fellow guests minute walk peaceful stay these folks
Reviewed August 10, 2011

This B&B is one of the finest places to stay, not only in Boulder but anywhere. I've stayed in many B&B's in North America and they all were nice, but the Briar Rose is at the top.
The owners and the staff are what make the difference; a gracious welcome, a staff of happy and positive people, delicious organic breakfasts, organic teas available anytime, and homemade breads and cookies baked fresh every afternoon.
I stayed in the Windom room which is upstairs above the carriage house. The room has a nice peaceful feeling and lots of windows. As well, this is also a green B&B so you won't find any chemicals sprayed in your room.
There are many other positive ammenities to be found at the Briar Rose. I will certainly return, and like to tell anyone coming to Boulder to check out the Briar Rose

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank ayni louise L
Reviewed July 15, 2011

On arrival we were ushered into the kitchen, with dirty pots all around to conduct check in.
We were given the windom room, the furniture was terrible, bedding well washed nothing
like what was on the internet, left to find another hotel. We were very disapointed we thought we were ending our holiday with luxury boy were we wrong.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank lottie65
BRBB, Owner at Briar Rose Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2011

We are a true B&B, that is, an old (1880's) house that was converted into an inn 30 years ago. Our kitchen functions as our office, so guests will see the inner workings. It's where we do all of the baking, etc., so of course there will at times be dirty pots and pans. Most guests, though, choose to notice the wonderful smell of freshly baking breads, cookies, and granola.
The reservation for which they "did not stay" was two rooms for two nights each, over a sold-out time period, which they had booked six weeks prior. The lady who wrote the review booked both rooms online, and there saw a completely accurate description - with recent pictures - of the rooms she chose. Her initial complaint upon arrival was that both rooms were on the second floor, and that we had no elevator. I am unaware of any B&B with an elevator, as most are old houses, and when I pointed out that the room-descriptions on our site make it clear the rooms are on the second floor she began to complain about other things.
Her statement that the Windom Room is terrible and looks "nothing like what was on the internet" is simply not true. The room looks just like the pictures. I was also thoroughly affronted by her suggestion that our bedding is not clean! This comment was apparently made to anger us, and is completely baseless and unfair.
Finally, I must add that I was disturbed that she chose to write such nasty and untrue comments despite my efforts to rectify the situation. I worked hard to resell the rooms to minimize the last-minute cancellation fee. I re-rented half the room-nights, and in addition, chose to actually hold her to less than what our policy states she would have been responsible for; and as thanks, we got this nasty review.

Reviewed July 14, 2011

I think the title sums it up. My boyfriend and I fell in love here!

Reviewed July 3, 2011

We arrived very early in the day and expected to just leave our bags for the day. Instead, the gracious innkeeper offered us fresh water and allowed us to check in early. Everything about this place is pure zen. We loved the commitment to being green - fresh filtered water in a large glass bottle in our room instead of plastic bottles. The refill in the kitchen was a snap. Green products were plentiful. Organic and gluten free baked goods were available all day. The breakfast was just outstanding. Yogurt and homemade granola, fresh fruit and baked goods...and on our morning the most delicious French toast souflet! The meal fueled us with enough energy to hike for miles in Rocky Mtn Natl Park, our next destination.

Reviewed March 18, 2011

Delightful b&b and a warm welcome upon arrival. Delicious breakfasts and an ample tea supply and yum homemade biscuits! Within walking distance to the downtown area and just a short walk from the University.

Date of stay: February 2011