“vegetarian that even an omnivore could enjoy”

Leaf Vegetarian Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 582 Restaurants in Boulder
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Leaf Vegetarian Restaurant is dedicated to creating a superb vegetarian dining experience in a tranquil, sophisticated environment. Leaf uses the finest organic, seasonal ingredients in providing vegetarian global cuisine and a health conscious dining option for herbivores and omnivores alike.
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I'm most certainly an omnivore. I like meat. I like vegetables. What I don't like are dishes that other than merely fulfilling some need to be vegetarian, aren't particularly enticing -- a plate of random vegetables, a dish in which the meat has clearly been removed, a dish with a "fake" meat element (faux foie for instance). I do like vegetarian dishes that are good because ... well ... because they are interesting and flavorful and not simply because they are meatless. Based on my first visit, Leaf seems to do a good job on this front.

Sweet Pea Gnocchi was excellent. Tender, slightly caramelized gnocchi, a flavorful Dijon beurre blanc with a sprinkling of parmesan, pine nuts and radish sprouts. I would be happy to be served that in any restaurant, vegetarian or not. A house salad of mixed greens and a sherry vinaigrette was a simple but excellent accompaniment. A vegan chocolate "ice cream" was a tasty finish. Except for a very slight hint of flavor suggesting something other than dairy for a base, it was almost indistinguishable from "real" ice cream.

Other dishes I saw being delivered looked (and smelled) good. Other items on the menu seemed interesting. Wine list is fairly average. Service was friendly and was willing to answer detailed questions about menu items. A pleasant restaurant, even for an omnivore.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

This is one of the best vegetarian restaurants I have visited. My wife and I visited during their happy hour to sample some of their small bites. The restaurant was intimate with outdoor seating and a small bar inside. We chose three items from the small plates menu: Sweet Pea Gnocchi, Crispy Harissa Tofu, and the "Crab" Cake Slider. Each item was more plentiful than we expected, so we were more than satiated when we finished. The best item was the Gnocchi which was served with a dijon guerre blanc, parmesan, pine nuts and radish-sprouts - we wished we had doubled up on this item. The Tofu which was served with fig jam was also very good. The tofu was crispy on the outside while smooth and creamy on the inside. The Harissa added a spicy touch which made the plate very tasty. The slider were our least favorite item, but were also tasty. The texture was not as crisp as I would have liked, but the flavors were all there. The "crab' was a combination tempeh/tofu patty and the plate included some very tasty fries. If you go for happy hour, the menu also includes wines, beers, and cocktails including some very interesting looking "martinis".

Reviewed June 30, 2014

A fantastic small restaraunt in Boulder that is absolutely devine. Sweet Pea Gnochi, superb, Pimento Poppers, wow, Pad Thai, HHarissa Tempeh, you will not miss animal protein! Reasonable wine list, great friendly servie, tastes, textures and flavors to be savored and remembered, go you will enjoy!

Reviewed June 26, 2014

A great meal was had by all. Probably the most interesting, appealing vegetarian options I've ever seen.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

This place was BOMB. I'm not a vegetarian but my girlfriend is so I thought this would be a good spot to take her for her birthday and sure enough she loved it and so did I. It was really tough to figure out what to order because pretty much every single item on the menu looked delicious. Our server was incredibly helpful with recommendations and everything we ordered was amazing. I'm definitely going to go back ASAP. If I had enough money I would eat there every day and become a vegetarian in a heartbeat.