“Excellent place for a great vegan meal”

Leaf Vegetarian Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 588 Restaurants in Boulder
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Leaf Vegetarian Restaurant is dedicated to creating a superb vegetarian dining experience in a tranquil, sophisticated environment. Leaf uses the finest organic, seasonal ingredients in providing vegetarian global cuisine and a health conscious dining option for herbivores and omnivores alike.
Reviewed August 26, 2013

They really do a good job in trying to accomodate vegans. They identify the vegan items very clearly and the food is wonderful. The beet steak was delicious and not at all what I expected. The service was really good and the restaurant was overall a good experience for us when we took a small group out to eat.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by staff at a local hotel and they were right to do so! I am vegetarian, although I don't often eat at a strictly vegetarian restaurant, however, I was so impressed with this one! The restaurant is easy to walk to from Pearl Street, and has an outside front terrace. I started with their beet salad, which was a special that day (wonderful) and then had a dish from the menu, which was fantastic. As everything was just so good, I had to try dessert too and wow, had a chocolate/peanut butter pie, which was also made with silken tofu. The texture was like cheesecake and was simply amazing. This restaurant also has very good wine selections and I is simply an amazing experience. I'm quite certain that non vegetarians will love the food, wine and experience. This is fine dining!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Three of us had a very nice lunch on the patio. My husband ordered the jerk seitan, which he really liked, it was layered and spicy. I had the flatbread pizza which had delicious toppings but we thought the crust was a bit dense in texture. Salads were great!! Grilled artichoke was fantastic and we are going to try making it at home. Next time I would ask that the artichoke dressing be served on the side since I would have preferred less, but that is a small thing. If you order iced tea, beware, it is mildly peach flavored - not for everyone.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I have had "vegan" food in Amsterdam and in gastropubs in Britain. In Europe, a vegetarian item on the menu is quite routine, and the quality similar to the rest of the menu offerings. I was intrigued by this restaurants menu on its web site and decided to try it. The ambience and service were very good.
As an appetizer, I had the potato beet gnocchi with spinach and walnuts. All individual items were good, but the overall effect was a bit too much salt, probably from the spinach. The main course was miso glazed tofu with forbidden rice and some perfectly cooked vegetables. This was excellent, on a par with the vegetarian food at " The Five Flies" restaurant in Amsterdam.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We ate here on Friday, July 5, 2013. The restaurant was busy. There were many yummy gluten free options. Service was slow but the food and peaceful atmosphere was worth the wait. We would definitely visit this restaurant again.