“Food is Good, Service is Not”
Review of Aji Restaurant

Aji Restaurant
Ranked #73 of 573 Restaurants in Boulder
Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Aji is proud to serve cuisine inspired by the rich cultures of Latin America. Enjoy a refreshing Mojito on our street side patio, sample one of our fresh ceviche, or indulge in a classic Argentinian steak or Brazilian Feijoada.
Boulder, Colorado
“Food is Good, Service is Not”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We go to Aji several times a month. The food is good, but has changed. They used to have great ceviche, and now is it just ok and overpriced.

Aji seems to have a problem with service staff. Everytime we go, they are different and they are not trained. On a recent visit, we sat outside at a table that is exposed to the elements. dirt, and bird poo.I ordered a soup and the server brought a spoon and placed it on the bare table. That is poor sanitation. Unacceptable. There were other issues, but don't want to blame the server, as it is about training.

We ordered mojitos as soon as we arrived. Later we ordered our lunch. My soup came before the mojitos (over 15 minutes later) and we were told it was because the manager was "next door". I don't care why, but that was poor service.

I don't blame the staff, I blame the manager. Lack of training for the staff. And I do not understand the delay on the mojitos .if the manger if "next door" that just seems lazy. I thought customers were the primary concern of a manager. I hope the owners review the manager and service staff, as they are not anywhere near where Aji used to be.

They have a really nice outdoor seating area. But given the food and service I won't be back soon.
This used to be one of our favorite spots.

• Visited August 2012

Herndon, VA
“A Taste Excursion”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We chose Aji after looking through the TripAdvisor reviews, and considered the fact that they were featured by the CoMusic.org event as well. We were not disappointed. The staff was very friendly, and described the meals in good detail. Interestingly, the paella did not include chorizo. So there's definitely the chef's own influence on Latin style meals.

My wife chose the pollo, my son chose the quesadilla from the surprisingly agreeably priced kids menu, our guest took the empinadas and I took the waiter-recommended Bisteca (steak). I was expecting a bone-in ribeye like I had had earlier in the day at Saltgrass in Westminster, but was amazed to receive a much larger portion than I expected. Whatever they marinated the steak in was delightful. All family members enjoyed their meals, and the suggested drinks that came with them. We would definitely return - the only drawback was that I asked for medium rare, got it closer to rare, and had it returned medium well. If you go there, get it medium. No real matter - the taste made the temperature less important.

Almost forgot - the Chili Verde was wonderful - more soup than chili, but a real nice excursion for the taste buds!

• Visited July 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Just ok”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

The restaurant is very pretty and there were lots of people who looked like they were enjoying themselves at outside tables, but the food is really mediocre. I got a mushroom "paella" that was gummy with cheese. Other dishes were not much better. Too bad because we had such great meals at other places in Boulder.

Visited July 2012
Chester County, PA
“Very nice local restaurant”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

In aq town with many many excellent restaurants, Ahi is consistently worth a visit. Good food, good service and a very nice atmosphere. Very convenient to the Pearl Street mall

Visited July 2012
Petaluma
“Latin Tastes in Boulder”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We recently ate at Aji Restaurant in Boulder and had an exceptional experience. The Latin influenced dishes were very well-prepared with the perfect level of spice. The high qualify of the food was beyond our expectations. The dishes we ordered were beautiful on the plate, but, more importantly, tasted great with clean, intense flavors. We only wish this lovely restaurant had a branch in San Francisco--we'd be there weekly.

• Visited July 2012

Been to Aji Restaurant? Share your experiences!