“Best restaurant in Boulder”
Review of Frasca Food & Wine

Frasca Food & Wine
Reserve with OpenTable
Frasca Food & Wine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 574 Restaurants in Boulder
Cuisines: Italian, European
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Boulder, Colorado
“Best restaurant in Boulder”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

This restaurant is clearly the best one in Boulder, on par with the good NYC or SF places.
It should be at about $100 a head. There are 2 seatings, about 5:30 and 8 PM.
The experience takes about 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Top-notch service. Food is beyond compare.
Good wine list, surprisingly fairly priced. This place has a buzz that one doesn't find in too
many Boulder restaurants. Even though packed, the noise level was very moderate.
And, Frasca may have the best bread & butter in Colorado.

• Visited December 2013

Boulder, Colorado
“Not what I expected or had heard.”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This upscale restaurant is living off its past reputation. We were not impressed. The food was barely above average. The service was acceptable but we were unknowns to the staff and were left feeling like we were not particularly welcome there. The food portions were too small and we ended up at another restaurant nearby for a delicious desert to satiate our hunger.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank mairch
Denver, Colorado
“Maybe my expectations were too high?”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We had a hard time getting into this restaurant so were pretty excited to get the chance to try it one day recently. We did a long snowshoe the day of just to prepare our bellies for the large feast!
In general, I was unimpressed. The dishes were good but nothing blew my mind, similar to the reviewer below me. I ended up having to order items I probably would not normally because there were limited choices for appetizers and entrees. Usually at a restaurant of this caliber that is okay because the chef proves my per-conceived notions wrong. This was not the case here. For the price, I would expect a few additional choices. I also thought some of the items could have used a little more seasoning. Finally, (this seems to be a theme) I might have a big appetite but the dishes didn't seem that heavy or filling like others have said they were.

Service was good, at one point my husband waited quite a long time for the second glass of wine he ordered.

I will say, my husband seemed more generally pleased than I was which is why I rated this establishment a 4 and not a 5. When we got the bill, I was sure it wasn't worth the cost. I probably won't go back.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank becknuts
“Glad we tried it but...”
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Really good but didn't blow our minds. Apps were fantastic and the pastas were really good too but the entrees were average. At that price point there are some better options. Excellent service.

1 Thank Blibberblubber
portage wi
“What a culinary delight!”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

If you're comfortable with spending at least $100/person for a culinary experience (4 courses), then check out Frasca. The service was impeccable, the presentation was a delight for the eyes and the food was an adventure. I couldn't understand most of the menu because of the Italian and descriptors that I've never heard of but the wait staff did a great job of explaining. And after a few minutes, it became clear that any choice was going to be an adventure. I'm not that familiar with northern Italian so can't compare but this sure tasted like "the real thing". The tables were a little close and it was sometimes distracting because you felt like you were eavesdropping on your neighbor's conversation - well, because you were ;o)!! My only advice is DON'T EAT THE BREAD - not because it isn't good and they continue to put a new slice on your plate as soon as you're done with the first slice but because you won't have room for the rest of the courses. And my other advice would be to order a salad for the first course because each are so rich that you body will appreciate having some greens. This is definitely a meal that I'll remember long after it's digestion.

• Visited December 2013