“Not worth it”
Review of Frasca Food & Wine

Frasca Food & Wine
Reserve with OpenTable
Frasca Food & Wine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 577 Restaurants in Boulder
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Chicago, Illinois
“Not worth it”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Maybe I just had high expectations, and Frasca did not live up to them. We were made to wait unnecessarily long for our table, even though tables were clearly empty and available (and remained so well after we were seated.) We were given menus with only the four course fixed price option (the restaurant's web site shows other alternatives). The portions were very small and the protracted wait between courses was painful. The pasta was quite good, but the portion was literally about three or four bites worth. Other dishes were either good or very good, but again the portions were just not very generous: appetizers were two or three bits and main courses were perhaps one half the size you'd expect. (I understand that portions should be somewhat reduced when you have a four course meal, but even so, they could be quite a bit bigger.) The bread was excellent.

• Visited September 2013

Boulder, Colorado
“Ranks with best of New York, SF, London and Rome”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

It is remarkable that a restaurant of this excellence and sophistication exists in Boulder. In the last six months we have dined in great restaurants in New York, San Francisco, London and Rome. Our experience at Frasca was comparable. The most sublime dishes were pappardelle imprinted with parsley and accompanied by very thin zucchini in a scallop flavored sauce and ever so tender poullarde breast with chanterelles. Service was highly informed and attentive and far friendlier than at other great restaurants around the world. The room is spacious the tables set far apart with contemporary decor enhanced by somewhat edgy jazz. It is expensive, costing over $300 for two with relatively modest wine, but that is the price one must pay for such a sublime experience!

• Visited September 2013
Boulder, CO
“Overpriced and overrated”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

As a local I much prefer the Flagstaff House. The ambience is better and you get a view off a mountain vs the storefront Frasca. For prices being the same (very expensive) and menu/food quality being comparable I would choose the Flagstaff house over Frasca any day.

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank Colorunner
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“I am in love.”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I've dined at Frasca about four or five times now. In the past, I'd fly up from Albuquerque just for one night to stay with a dear friend and we'd always eat there (once they gave me a t-shirt when they heard I'd come from out of town to dine there).

This time my best friend and I went with our husbands on a double date. We had a sublime experience. From the welcome to the seating to the pacing to the food to the master sommelier choosing our wine based on our tastes and plates - we were enchanted!

I love the four course menu. I love the twinkling atmosphere. I love being treated as if I am a very special guest. Each time I leave wanting to recreate the experience yet again and this time was no exception.

• Visited August 2013
West Orange, New Jersey
“Wonderful meal and terrific service”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We were celebrating a reunion of childhood friends and this restaurant made it very memorable. We all enjoyed the well prepared meal and attentive service. The sommelier was helpful in making a wine selection for my friend whose preference is California wines. She learned about something new from his recommendation and we all loved it.

• Visited August 2013