“I Loved "I Hate Hamlet"”

Colorado Shakespeare Festival
Ranked #14 of 135 things to do in Boulder
More attraction details
Owner description: The Colorado Shakespeare Festival is a professional theatre company in association with the University of Colorado Boulder. Since 1958 the festival has celebrated and explored Shakespeare and his continuing influence and vitality through productions of superior artistic quality, education and community engagement. CSF strives to preserve the classics of the past and pursue the classics of the future. Fueled by artistry and scholarship, the festival seeks to expand the cultural richness of the region by inspiring, challenging, and cultivating the imagination of audiences and artists. Plays are performed beneath summer night skies in the historic Mary Rippon Outdoor Theatre and in the newly renovated indoor University Theatre.
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“I Loved "I Hate Hamlet"”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

As an English major with a particular fondness for Hamlet, I had to practically drag someone to see this production with me. We were skeptical at first, but we were glad we went! I especially loved the allusions to Shakespeare's other plays!

Visited June 2014
Bolderbean, Public Relations Manager at Colorado Shakespeare Festival, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for your review, we're so glad you enjoyed the play!

19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Merry Wives great fun”
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Liberties are taken in setting Merry Wives in 1962. Loved the 60's music. The production is laugh out loud funny. As always, the acting is superb. We did get some light rain, but the production continued.

1 Thank FestBT
Boca Raton
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“Wonderful Performance and Venue”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We saw The Merry Wives of Windsor here on it's opening (practice) night and thoroughly enjoyed every minute. I agree with some of the reviewers that the Box Office is hard to find but I am sure glad we made the effort. We took our teenagers and they loved it as well. It was an adaptation set in the 60s and the music was fun and the performances were terrific. SO many fun twists on Shakespeare. It rained a bit on us but not a single person that I saw got up and left. My only complaint was that I thought the intermission was a tad long but even then they threw in a cute dance lesson, Dirty Dancing style, that gave us something to watch. The theater itself is outdoors, under the beautiful Colorado sky. There was also music on the lawn before the play - which was a nice surprise to those of from out of town. We would definitely do this again in a heartbeat.

1 Thank Jemom68
We're so glad to hear you loved the show, hope to see you back with us soon!
Georgetown, Texas
249 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 175 helpful votes
“Loved I Hate Hamlet”
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

We usually go to one of the Shakespeare Festival productions each summer. I Hate Hamlet was one of the best and certainly recommended.

Boulder, CO
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fun Shakespeare Festival under the stars”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Always a fun evening under the stars with a picnic dinner and professional actors that deliver outstanding performances. The members of the theater company run through a tough audition to be able to work at this festival.

Visited July 2013