“Great tour!”

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Great tour!”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I stopped by with my brother and parents mid-week. My brother and I are both over 21, FYI (Trip Advisor doesn't have a "Family - adults" option for the type of visit). We had no problems finding Redstone since we followed the directions on their website. We were the only ones there for the 3pm tour so we sampled 3 drinks before the tour and the other 5 (I think) after the tour. We also purchased samples of the two reserves that were available.

My family members all have very different tastes and we were all able to find a few that we enjoyed. I particularly enjoyed the Boysenberry Nectar and Nectar of the Hops. Mom and Dad enjoyed the Sunshine Nectar, and Brother enjoyed everything! Although new (only 8 days in), our tour guide Hunter was able to offer suggestions as to which drinks paired well with what foods.

I had learned a bit about mead before when living in England, but this (roughly 30 minute) tour was a nice little refresher. Hunter did a great job, especially considering how new he was, and could answer almost all of our questions. Jessica also shadowed the tour and filled in any gaps, if necessary, but that was seldom required. We saw everything from how the mead is produced, bottled, labeled, etc. and it really makes you appreciate the efforts of smaller businesses; everything is a labor of love.

Everything at Redstone is very reasonably priced from the mead - usually around 15 bucks per bottle - to the merchandise - a nice goblet with a logo on it for 6 dollars, or posters for a dollar. Our only regret was that we couldn't take some mead with us in our carry on luggage. Guess we'll have to find it here on the east coast and fortunately, Redstone Meadery provides the numbers of distributors in each state, or you can order online.

I'd definitely recommend a visit to Redstone Meadery for anyone (21 and older, that is). The 'drinkers' and 'non-drinkers' in our family all enjoyed it! Thanks Hunter and Jessica! We had a great time!

Visited May 2014

Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“What a Treat!”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

The tour was interesting. Belinda, our tour guide, was knowledgable and enthusiastic! I really enjoyed the tastings. The mead was smooth, light, and full of flavor. It was hard to choose a favorite. We purchased several bottles. Mead is an excellent option instead of wine.

Visited December 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
83 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“Love their Cyser Reserve”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We visited the Meadery for the tour and tasting. The owner has a passion for his meads and it shows. The sparkling meads and his mead with malt were unique, but my favorite was his Cyser Reserve. Definitely had to take some of that one home.

Several people have commented on the industrial location, but that is really not uncommon for a Meadery. Don't the location deter you from trying checking this place out.

Visited January 2013
Chicago, Illinois
145 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“lots of variety”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

A little hard to find. The tour itself was brief, but the tasting was wonderful! It was surprising to find sparkling meads here. All were good, but I thought the black raspberry was the best!

Visited August 2013
Johnson City, Texas
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Honey Wine”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Since we raise bees and harvest our own honey, I've always had a fascination for mead. While in Boulder, we stopped by the Redstone Meadery. It is a strange location (next to an auto repair shop in an industrial area of Boulder), but then I've found some great meads in some strange locations (like a doublewide trailer here in Texas). The tastings were free, good mead selections, and the staff were very friendly. What was very helpful were the library of books you could browse on mead, and descriptions of honey types used for the different varieties.

After a recent disaster involving TSA and a bottle brought back from Mexico, I was hesitant to pack any mead back to Texas. The Redstone folks were very helpful, had a great box to pack the mead in, and it made the trip without any issues. I'll be checking with their distributor here in Texas for refills!

Visited December 2012