“Exceeded our expectations” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Boulder
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Exceeded our expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Great hotel. First class service and staff, without exception, most friendly and accommodating. Great bar. Great breakfasts and light meals in restaurant. Informal atmosphere and highly recommended for short stay visits to Boulder. Only negative was that we found the room a bit small for a long stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear JeffW777,

Thank you for reviewing your recent St Julien Hotel & Spa experience, we greatly appreciate your feedback. I am pleased you found our staff and the service they provided to be exceptional, and that you enjoyed your meals at Jill’s Restaurant. I do apologize if you were at all uncomfortable in your guest room; should you visit us again on an extended vacation, we offer a selection of spacious suites which may better fit your needs. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Peter T. Walstra, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Boulder, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

While I must admit the St. Julien Spa facilities are pretty sweet, but when you are left in the waiting area for close to 15 minutes after your partner has already been admitted to partake a steam and sauna before the actual massage, you are starting with a bad taste in your mouth. After asking about my wait, the spa front desk clerk, found that he had been slightly lacking in his host duties. My other peeve occurred at the end of my massage treatment in that I felt rushed out of the room after the session. Generally the client is given a few minutes to pull themselves back together after a massage, in my case, I barely had a minute before the masseuse was at the door, telling me that I had to leave the room for the next client. Give me a break, I just paid $125 for a 50 minute session and I am pretty sure you can flip the room in 5 minutes. All of these missteps by the Spa, left me feeling a bit blah by the treatment.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Michael C
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Michael C,

Thank you taking the time to review your recent experience at Spa at St Julien. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the wait you experienced prior to your massage may have caused. I also regret that you felt rushed upon the completion of your treatment. We understand that the time you spend at the spa is meant to be peaceful and stress-free, and I do hope you shared your discontent with a spa manager. I hope you return to Spa at St Julien, as we would love to chance to show you the service and quality for which our award-winning spa is known.

California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

The location is ideal for seeing Boulder. The service was excellent whether at the concierge desk or at the restaurant or on the patio eating breakfast outside. The rooms could be a tinge bigger, but we had a balcony (which is an upgrade not all rooms have balconies), which made a difference. The bathroom is very well equipped & spacious. But what we enjoyed the most was the great jazz/funk band playing in the Lobby our first night. We danced for hours. It was alot of fun. Note: there are complimentary bikes to ride around town with, but they are not very good. You would be better off to rent off the B Bike system located throughout town. The first 1/2 hour is free.

Room Tip: If staying there again would only select a balcony room. Otherwise room size is a bit small if you...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear ShelafromDanville,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent St Julien Hotel & Spa experience; I am so pleased you found the hotel to be ideal for your Boulder visit. I’m very happy to hear that our staff impressed you, and that your accommodations were to your liking. Our complimentary live music is offered in the lobby five nights a week during the summertime, which I’m glad you were able to enjoy. I do hope you return to St Julien on your next visit to the Boulder area.

Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Deluxe hotel at base of boulder canyon. Short walking distance to Pearl street with shopping and restaurants. Lovely room with huge balcony, comfortable bed and amazing shower.Room service was great. Free bicycles outside hotel are great as town is bike friendly.I will return to this hotel when next visiting Boulder.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
StJulienHotel, General Manager at St Julien Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear JaguarMichigan,

Thank you for providing feedback from your visit. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations, St Julien Hotel & Spa’s central location, and that you were able to tour Boulder on our complimentary bikes. We very much look forward to your next stay with us.

Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Make sure you book a mountain view room.....it's worth it! The beds are very comfortable and the bathroom was large with a nice shower. The staff was very friendly and helpful especially the concierge. We wish we'd known there were free bicycles!

Room Tip: Get a mountain view room!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Jane S,

Thank you for sharing a little about your recent stay at St Julien Hotel & Spa. I am pleased that you enjoyed the views of Boulder’s Flatirons from your room, as well as the bed and bathroom. Our staff always strives to provide anticipatory service to all guests, and I am glad they were able to assist you during your stay. I hope you’ll visit again, and that next time you’ll be able to enjoy the complimentary bicycles.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

I agree that this hotel is luxury level with great service, nice indoor and outside common areas and excellent location to Pearl Street. I felt cramped and claustrophobic in the king bed mountain view room. It was so small there is no space for a closet - it is in the furniture with the TV. There is very little counter space for your belongings and virtually no space for the luggage. The bathroom was the highlight with a nice stall shower, separate toilet room with pocket door. The bed was comfortable. We stayed here for 3 nights at the beginning of June then we changed hotels to the Marriott Courtyard (for the next 5 nights) at the other end of Pearl Street and for approximately $150 less a night, free parking and a king suite which included a balcony, living room, bar area with small fridge and microwave and separate bedroom with comfortable bed and excellent lighting throughout, this was a good deal and very livable. The bathroom was no comparison to the St. Julien's. Next time in Boulder we will search for a vacation rental as we like a lot of living space.

Room Tip: ask for high up with mountain view
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Kabear
Dear Kabear,

I appreciate you taking the time to review your recent visit to St Julien Hotel & Spa. I am pleased that your party enjoyed the hotel’s common areas, oversized bathrooms and location. I’m sorry you found your room to be small for your tastes. We do have a variety of room types available, including suites. I hope you expressed your dissatisfaction to a staff member and that alternative accommodation options were offered. I do hope you’ll stay with us again, on your next visit to Boulder.

omaha, ne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

This was my third trip to Boulder and my third stay at the St. Julien. Beautiful rooms, comfy beds, fluffy towels and a balcony! Room service, housekeeping and front desk were excellent. The house car (with cutie driver Cameron) took us to the grocery store and back. The staff go the extra mile.

Room Tip: If you want to hear the music that is offered daily ask for a courtyard view. If you want to see th...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank mcarollo13
Dear mcarollo13,

We appreciate your thoughts on St Julien Hotel & Spa, and your continued patronage. I am pleased you enjoyed your accommodations, and that our staff has made your repeat visits exceptional. I’m also glad you were able to take advantage of our complimentary Boulder-area shuttle, and hope you return to St Julien again soon.